Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crysis 2

Game » consists of 37 releases. Released Mar 22, 2011

Set three years after the original Crysis, an ambushed Marine named Alcatraz dons the famous Nanosuit and fights his way through an obliterated New York City to stop the alien invasion.

I don't understand what this games wants me to.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By napalm

I apologize in advance if this seems a bit like a rant, but I purchased this game last night, and I am severely disappointed, frustrated, confused and all-around upset as to how this game can exist in this condition.

Okay, am I doing something wrong? Are there some missing suit features I was not told about? I thought I was supposed to be this super-soldier with this suit that protects me from literally anything. Why is it that the second I stick my head up, everybody in the immediate vicinity opens fire on me with one-hundred percent weapon proficiency? How come I can only take five or six bullets before I'm nearly dead? Why is it when I take out one guy with a silenced pistol, everybody in the area is immediately aware of my exact presence? What happened to being unstoppable? What happened to opening fire and taking everybody out with no problems?

I want to power jump off a fucking roof and land on a dude, and then grab another dude, throw him into somebody else, and then shoot this other dude in the face with a shotgun, and kick this car into this group of other dudes, all in a matter of like, ten seconds. I don't understand the point of Nanosuit 2.0 in Crysis 2. This thing is supposed to make me powerful and awesome. Instead, I find myself uselessly kicking cars, getting taken down in five or six shots, hiding behind cover like a little bitch, and the armor and stealth to be entirely useless. 

I also fucking hate this sticky AI bullshit they use. The second you are spotted by one dude, everybody in the immediate radius then autolocks to your position and opens up on you. Even some random dude in the corner of some building across the way, shooting you through like, eight fucking trees and hitting you every time. Once you've been spotted, you can't even sneak around cover and get a better position because they auto target you no matter what.

So, what the fuck am I missing?   
    iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By iamjohn
    @Napalm said:
    " I also fucking hate this sticky AI bullshit they use. The second you are spotted by one dude, everybody in the immediate radius then autolocks to your position and opens up on you. Even some random dude in the corner of some building across the way, shooting you through like, eight fucking trees and hitting you every time. Once you've been spotted, you can't even sneak around cover and get a better position because they auto target you no matter what. "
    Sounds like a Crytek game to me!
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Napalm said:

" I apologize in advance if this seems a bit like a rant, but I purchased this game last night, and I am severely disappointed, frustrated, confused and all-around upset as to how this game can exist in this condition.
    Okay, am I doing something wrong? Are there some missing suit features I was not told about? I thought I was supposed to be this super-soldier with this suit that protects me from literally anything. Why is it that the second I stick my head up, everybody in the immediate vicinity opens fire on me with one-hundred percent weapon proficiency? How come I can only take five or six bullets before I'm nearly dead? Why is it when I take out one guy with a silenced pistol, everybody in the area is immediately aware of my exact presence? What happened to being unstoppable? What happened to opening fire and taking everybody out with no problems?

I want to power jump off a fucking roof and land on a dude, and then grab another dude, throw him into somebody else, and then shoot this other dude in the face with a shotgun, and kick this car into this group of other dudes, all in a matter of like, ten seconds. I don't understand the point of Nanosuit 2.0 in Crysis 2. This thing is supposed to make me powerful and awesome. Instead, I find myself uselessly kicking cars, getting taken down in five or six shots, hiding behind cover like a little bitch, and the armor and stealth to be entirely useless. 

I also fucking hate this sticky AI bullshit they use. The second you are spotted by one dude, everybody in the immediate radius then autolocks to your position and opens up on you. Even some random dude in the corner of some building across the way, shooting you through like, eight fucking trees and hitting you every time. Once you've been spotted, you can't even sneak around cover and get a better position because they auto target you no matter what.

"

10 seconds? Where are you in the game. There is no real time limits in the game. Also if you have to....turn down the settings. 

When you get spotted..use stealth...that allows you to hide again. 

Also USE STEALTH. All you are saying makes it sound like you never use stealth mode. 
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By napalm
    @The_Laughing_Man: I'm sorry, but I shouldn't have to compensate by turning down the difficulty because the enemy AI is broken as hell. And the crux of what I was saying was that I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO USE STEALTH. I should be able to take these fuckers out with no issue, since I'm in this awesome suit that gives me a serious boost to every level of performance. If I wanted to play a stealth game, I'd purchase a Splinter Cell title.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Napalm said:

" @The_Laughing_Man: I'm sorry, but I shouldn't have to compensate by turning down the difficulty because the enemy AI is broken as hell. And the crux of what I was saying was that I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO USE STEALTH. I should be able to take these fuckers out with no issue, since I'm in this awesome suit that gives me a serious boost to every level of performance. If I wanted to play a stealth game, I'd purchase a Splinter Cell title. "

You are aware under the suit you are more or less dead right? 
    Then update your suit. The ai is not broken. I never had issues. Which system are you even using? Ive heard PC has some issues or something. 

Yes you are a super warrior. But you are still human. All the other Nano suit users died. You are not a god. Just Super. 
    PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

I beat the game on the highest difficulty setting, and never really encountered any of those problems. Maybe it's just you.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Enigma777

Yea, the AI is pretty busted. Sometimes they would spot me through walls when I uncloaked and once a guy fucking spotted me through two stories of concrete. 
    However that's pretty much my only complaint. I though the game was very good, especially when you get the mobility enhance and nano recharge abilities. 

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Use my tactic, use cover, uncloak, shoot and run back to it just incase, disspear shoot them in the head. This would get you though normal and hard.

When you get better, since i'm almost done the most difficult level, cloak, walk out of cover, uncloak to shield, shoot them in the head only (not sure if it's easy with a console controller), cloak, move, repeat until everyone is dead or run to cover to recharge. This would get you though post human warrior. I find single shots are better against the cell soilders than full auto. Aliens vice versa or use a sniper.

Honestly this isn't call of duty, you have to think.

MayorFeedback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By MayorFeedback

Use more skill.

But for real, I"m wondering what the fun would be in being a "super solider in a suit that protects [you] from literally anything" because that game sounds like it would be fun for about 15 minutes. That sequence of events you're talking about? Jumping off a roof and slaughtering everyone and such? You can do that. Just... do it. But be smart about it, and don't expect to get a rainstorm of bullets and not get hurt. That's not a suit of armor. That's god mode. 

Basically, having played all the Crysis games, this one is no different: the suit is what you want it to be. If you're finding the stealth to be useless, then you're seriously using it wrong. That game gives you a great deal of freedom in how you handle every situation. If you're not enjoying it, that's cool. Maybe it's not your thing. But ultimately if it's invincibility you want, then g_godmode=1 and stop complaining. That suit is super powerful. It's just all in how you use it.

(Also, remember, the dude inside the suit that you're playing is basically a pile of broken bones and liquid organs and that suit is barely keeping him alive, so temper your expectations accordingly).
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By napalm
    @drhans: That was partly an exaggerated sequence of events. I was essentially outlining some things I wish I could do consistently and have fun with the game, which is what I wanted this game to be, but I'm finding something very different.

@The_Laughing_Man: I'm playing the Xbox 360 version on the second to easiest setting (normal?), with aim assist off.
    Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Grillbar
    @Napalm said:
    " I apologize in advance if this seems a bit like a rant, but I purchased this game last night, and I am severely disappointed, frustrated, confused and all-around upset as to how this game can exist in this condition.

"
    first of stealth is your friend. i just completed 6 lvl's on supersoldier dif without killing more then 10 dudes. nuff said
    bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By bybeach

You are missing the point of the game. Yes you do get additional suit functions and upgrades throughout the game. Yes it suprised me about things worked and you described it well enough, I think the explanation lies that the human enemy has means to track you outside of stealth. But you often have to use stealth to get in position to do the things you are talking about, and many times stealth to dissappear after you have done them. Sorry! I adjusted and in time with the functions and upgrades, I learned, though those upgrades wern't the most exciting improvements they could have been.

But I didn't resent all that, I was still in the relative sense the strongest player out there. It was rather that the Aliens were so weak, and in turn they depended on heavies. Yes the combination added up, and a better enemy alien came in late in the game, Still, I enjoyed it all, I just chalked it up to the game making me work a little.

MayorFeedback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MayorFeedback
    @Napalm Yeah, I understand what you're saying. I guess your expectations of what the game would be don't quite jive with reality. And that's not necessarily your fault. But I think if you give the game some time and try to meet it on its own terms, it eventually opens up and gives you a lot of freedom and power and you might like it a better. Or it might not be your thing.
    valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By valrog

Whoa, what the hell. Did you expect you're going to be invincible? Not to mention that you weren't a god Crysis and Warhead either.

I agree on the stealth part though, I really wanted to play stealthy when facing human enemies, I even waited and listened to the radio responses until I took someone out, and really planned who am I going to kill and whatnot, but as soon as I killed someone they automatically knew that someone is down.

@bybeach: I agree, I didn't care about half of the suit upgrades, only used the ones that provided lesser energy drain while in armor/cloaked/sprinting/jumping.
    Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#15  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

Yeah I've got the same problems with the game, in the end I gave up on it because of this but mostly because of the lousy checkpoint system which would take me back 20 minutes because I can't seem to do anything without getting my ass kicked.

xCharlieSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By xCharlieSheen

I'm addicted to this game. I bought Crysis 2 on day one, and had it for about 2 or 3 weeks. Played through the campaign on normal; dabbled a little bit in multiplayer, then traded it in and got half my money back. After a few days however, I got a urge to play it some more. So I got it again through gamefly, now I'm playing it non-stop. As Jeff mentioned a few times on TNT back in March, the gameplay is unique and different enough to set it self apart from the saturation of other FPS. This game in a slow burn, but it eventually gets under your skin. The 2nd half of the single player is better than the first, and the multiplayer only gets better after you play it a bunch, and upgrade your suit, and weapons.

Tsoglani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By Tsoglani

I took down at least 20 dudes in a row while using stealth. Not one was alerted to my presence. I don't see why this is not applicable for others, other than maybe you are not playing like a stealth god...

If you want to use stealth, the idea is you need to be stealthy.

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By sins_of_mosin

It seemed to me that even if you did kill a guy 100% stealth, the other guys in the area always seemed to be aware of it and came over.  Like a radio check was used all the time right after I killed someone.  I did think the AI could spot you a bit too easily when you was hiding behind semi-cover at a distance. 

I did just beat the game on super soldier and generally had a great time.  Thou, I wouldn't recommend super soldier for someone looking to have a lot of fun as it can be a challenge at times.  I thought the worst part of the game was the story.  I was really bummed that I fought against humans for 2/3 of the game.  I thought this was supposed to be the alien invasion damn it.  Would have been nice to have a segment where I was a gunner on a gunship or whatever they call their air units.

Anyway, to the TC... if you could kick all that ass in 10 seconds, what challenge would the game be?  You want the AI to have some cheap way of countering your suit?  I think you are wanting too much from a game that does try a bit to stay grounded instead of being some total bs impossible thing.  Hell, I would love a suit that makes me run fast, be cloaked, survive bullets and long drops.. ect ect.

H4xlike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By H4xlike
    @Napalm said:
    @The_Laughing_Man: I'm sorry, but I shouldn't have to compensate by turning down the difficulty because the enemy AI is broken as hell. And the crux of what I was saying was that I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO USE STEALTH. I should be able to take these fuckers out with no issue, since I'm in this awesome suit that gives me a serious boost to every level of performance. If I wanted to play a stealth game, I'd purchase a Splinter Cell title.
    You can take them out no issue, once you learn to use the nanosuit.  It sounds like you just have to learn to use the stealth/armor combo more effectively.  The whole point of the game isn't you being some unkillable god you are one random marine with a high tech suit. 
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @H4xlike said:
    @Napalm said:
    You can take them out no issue, once you learn to use the nanosuit.  It sounds like you just have to learn to use the stealth/armor combo more effectively.  The whole point of the game isn't you being some unkillable god you are one random marine with a high tech suit. 
    Your posts are a bit late dude. 
    Avatar image for starfishhunter9
    Starfishhunter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Starfishhunter9

Try playing Prototype if you want god mode. That seems to be what your expecting from this game.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By napalm
    @The_Laughing_Man: Haha, necro thread bump!
    Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Franstone

Did you try pressing the win button?

You have to use stealth, don't fight it...
    You are not a god in this game, you just have a high tech suit that gives you the upper hand over sayyyy... human skin.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Napalm said:
    Wasnt me. Was the guy I quoted. 
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By napalm
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    @Napalm said:
    Yeah, I know. I was just commenting you because we talked before and I agree with what you said, haha.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Napalm said:
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    @Napalm said:
    Yeah, I know. I was just commenting you because we talked before and I agree with what you said, haha.
    He bumped another thread like this then went away. So meh 
    OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27  Edited By OneManX

Having spent a little time with this game (and watching Hamster's amazing walkthrough) it seems that this game wants you to use stealth ALL THE TIME! because some sections you get found out, you are just fucked, because Hell's army just comes pouring out and everyone knows where you are. I can see how that can ruin it for you, considering the opening cinematic has you taking a Tank shell to the chest and not even flinching.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.