Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crysis 2

Game » consists of 37 releases. Released Mar 22, 2011

Set three years after the original Crysis, an ambushed Marine named Alcatraz dons the famous Nanosuit and fights his way through an obliterated New York City to stop the alien invasion.

Knee-Jerk Reaction: Crysis 2

• 48 results
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

Edited By jakob187
    Playtime so far:  four hours of multiplayer, no single player 

Good Impressions  

• The game is pretty
    • You can slide like in Far Cry 2
    • It's thoughtful to have a lobby that is specifically for those who are level 10 and under to learn how the game plays in multiplayer rather than throwing them in with the big guns and getting wrecked.
    • Multitude of nanosuit abilities in tandem with perks and loadouts offer a lot of variety...

Bad Impressions  

• ...except for the fact that Xbox 360 is filled with 'tards that only want to camp in corners while stealthed...or sit on buildings while stealthed with sniper rifles...or want to noob tube while stealthed...
    • The hit detection is relatively weak until you get used to the handling, and even then, it still feels off sometimes
    • Rather unsavory and unstable servers at the moment.  Had a number of issues with Host Migration, disconnects, and hard freezes last night.
    • TOO MANY MENUS!  Slim it down and make it simpler to find the shit that I want to find.
    • The multiplayer feels like nothing more than an amalgamation of so many other multiplayer shooters rolled into one with this one sole "unique" thing:  the nanosuit.  It's not enough as of yet.
    • I can't count how many times that I've used Armor to survive a grenade from injuring me.  However, if I try to do that with bullets, the Armor seems far less effective?
    • What's the point of nanovision (read: heat vision) if you aren't going to let people always see stealthed people?  I mean, what's the point in a counter to a counter to a counter?  That's fucking DUMB!
    • My reflex sight disables my mobility by HOW MUCH?  One bar of mobility?  Yeah, because that sight is SOOOO heavy.  T_T  Seriously, encumberment in a game where I have a nanosuit that can generate a shield that allows me to withstand the blast of a grenade...or sprint at almost double the speed of Michael Johnson on a record-setting day...is kind of fucking stupid.  Actually, take that back.  It's just fucking stupid.
    • Terrible UI with far more information than needs to be displayed, and most of the information is displayed in rather odd places.  Other games have done this better for nearly a decade.  Why the hell aren't you following that example...kind of like your X at the crosshairs for hit confirm (Call of Duty) or your slide (Far Cry 2) or your Halo-height jumping or your overshield or your active camo or the millions of other things you are ripping off?
    • Overblown audio mix and clipping issues, which pisses me off to NO end.  Particularly, the music as soon as a match is "Activating Session..." is the primary culprit.
    • Frame rate hitches suck

Overall Reaction:   Not impressed so far.

Maybe the single player will give me some better impressions, or maybe it's the fact that I find some of the physics in the game's style of shooting to be a bit wonky at times.  There were plenty of times that I'd lay an entire clip into someone from my SCAR...literally, a full clip and then needing to reload...and it resulted in no death.  Meanwhile, when I died, I'd check the Kill Replay and the enemy would spray 'n' pray with a total of about three bullets hitting me in the stomach, and I'm a dead man.  There's also this feeling that a lot of the stuff you would unlock before level 10 is kind of fucking useless.  Why would I bother using this holographic decoy when all he does is walk in a straight line?  Fuck, man.  Make him duck and weave, dive into cover, SOMETHING!  This is the goddamn future!!! 

Right now, I couldn't honestly recommend the game to anyone.  I'm no slouch when it comes to first person shooters.  I know my skill level, and I know that I fucking destroy people online.  I may just need time to learn the maps (which started coming around by the third and fourth time I played some of the maps last night), but there's a lot more that I need to learn before I can give a final analysis on this stuff.  I'll probably dig into the single player sometime soon as well, but who knows?
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By jakob187
    Playtime so far:  four hours of multiplayer, no single player 

Good Impressions  

• The game is pretty
    • You can slide like in Far Cry 2
    • It's thoughtful to have a lobby that is specifically for those who are level 10 and under to learn how the game plays in multiplayer rather than throwing them in with the big guns and getting wrecked.
    • Multitude of nanosuit abilities in tandem with perks and loadouts offer a lot of variety...

Bad Impressions  

• ...except for the fact that Xbox 360 is filled with 'tards that only want to camp in corners while stealthed...or sit on buildings while stealthed with sniper rifles...or want to noob tube while stealthed...
    • The hit detection is relatively weak until you get used to the handling, and even then, it still feels off sometimes
    • Rather unsavory and unstable servers at the moment.  Had a number of issues with Host Migration, disconnects, and hard freezes last night.
    • TOO MANY MENUS!  Slim it down and make it simpler to find the shit that I want to find.
    • The multiplayer feels like nothing more than an amalgamation of so many other multiplayer shooters rolled into one with this one sole "unique" thing:  the nanosuit.  It's not enough as of yet.
    • I can't count how many times that I've used Armor to survive a grenade from injuring me.  However, if I try to do that with bullets, the Armor seems far less effective?
    • What's the point of nanovision (read: heat vision) if you aren't going to let people always see stealthed people?  I mean, what's the point in a counter to a counter to a counter?  That's fucking DUMB!
    • My reflex sight disables my mobility by HOW MUCH?  One bar of mobility?  Yeah, because that sight is SOOOO heavy.  T_T  Seriously, encumberment in a game where I have a nanosuit that can generate a shield that allows me to withstand the blast of a grenade...or sprint at almost double the speed of Michael Johnson on a record-setting day...is kind of fucking stupid.  Actually, take that back.  It's just fucking stupid.
    • Terrible UI with far more information than needs to be displayed, and most of the information is displayed in rather odd places.  Other games have done this better for nearly a decade.  Why the hell aren't you following that example...kind of like your X at the crosshairs for hit confirm (Call of Duty) or your slide (Far Cry 2) or your Halo-height jumping or your overshield or your active camo or the millions of other things you are ripping off?
    • Overblown audio mix and clipping issues, which pisses me off to NO end.  Particularly, the music as soon as a match is "Activating Session..." is the primary culprit.
    • Frame rate hitches suck

Overall Reaction:   Not impressed so far.

Maybe the single player will give me some better impressions, or maybe it's the fact that I find some of the physics in the game's style of shooting to be a bit wonky at times.  There were plenty of times that I'd lay an entire clip into someone from my SCAR...literally, a full clip and then needing to reload...and it resulted in no death.  Meanwhile, when I died, I'd check the Kill Replay and the enemy would spray 'n' pray with a total of about three bullets hitting me in the stomach, and I'm a dead man.  There's also this feeling that a lot of the stuff you would unlock before level 10 is kind of fucking useless.  Why would I bother using this holographic decoy when all he does is walk in a straight line?  Fuck, man.  Make him duck and weave, dive into cover, SOMETHING!  This is the goddamn future!!! 

Right now, I couldn't honestly recommend the game to anyone.  I'm no slouch when it comes to first person shooters.  I know my skill level, and I know that I fucking destroy people online.  I may just need time to learn the maps (which started coming around by the third and fourth time I played some of the maps last night), but there's a lot more that I need to learn before I can give a final analysis on this stuff.  I'll probably dig into the single player sometime soon as well, but who knows?
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By StaticFalconar

Here's my knee jerk reaction.  

Its like the same thing for Crysis 1, but the rig needed to run it is a bit more reasonable.  

So this means, a pretty fun game that would last maybe a month or whatever the regular lifespan of the flavor of the month is, then once again it will be around as a benchmark for future graphic cards. 

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By AhmadMetallic

what a trainwreck of a game 

sad downfall of a colossal game

jayjonesjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By jayjonesjunior

I don't like the decisions they took with Crysis 2  either, but the ripping off examples you put have been done long before the games you mentioned.

Torrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Torrim

I think you've spent more time typing that than playing the game.

nukkajdav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By nukkajdav

Wow, I feel as if I'm the only one who really likes Crysis 2.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Brendan
    @nukkajdav said:
    " Wow, I feel as if I'm the only one who really likes Crysis 2. "
    It's a perfectly fine game, but for the people who have been looking forward to it as a symbol for their particular brand of gaming it is a letdown and so they are all disappointed.  See Dragon Age 2 for another example of this.  Plenty of people like Crysis 2 but the biggest fans are also the biggest critics and are therefore also the loudest criticizers.
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Are you sure Nanovision doesn't let you see stealth? 

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jakob187
    @The_Laughing_Man: I've had plenty of times that an enemy didn't show up until they fired their weapon.  It's thoroughly irritating. 

@Brendan: I don't necessarily fall into that crowd.  I looked forward to it more in the line of "I dig sci-fi, and I dig shooters, and Norm said it has a snappiness like Quake meets Modern Warfare, so I'm interested".  I had played the multiplayer demo of it, and I kind of enjoyed what I had played.  In turn, I figured it would probably end up working better in the final game.  As it turns out, it's actually less enjoyable than the demo in many ways.  I'm still going to give the game some time.  I didn't enjoy Far Cry 2 AT ALL when I first played it, but as time progressed and I continued with it, I realized how fucking awesome that game was.
    Mystyr_E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Mystyr_E

I don't believe so. Not to spoil it but you'll run into some cloaked enemies in the campaign and you can just barely make them out. There's a perk that allows you to see people when they have it on but that's unlocked whenever  

I'm in same boat as TC. The lag and bullet damage is atrocious, the entire group fell into the map and was swimming in the Sanctuary map before we finally spawned in, and it seems to love loading sessions more than actually starting one

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @jakob187 said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man: I've had plenty of times that an enemy didn't show up until they fired their weapon.  It's thoroughly irritating. 

@Brendan: I don't necessarily fall into that crowd.  I looked forward to it more in the line of "I dig sci-fi, and I dig shooters, and Norm said it has a snappiness like Quake meets Modern Warfare, so I'm interested".  I had played the multiplayer demo of it, and I kind of enjoyed what I had played.  In turn, I figured it would probably end up working better in the final game.  As it turns out, it's actually less enjoyable than the demo in many ways.  I'm still going to give the game some time.  I didn't enjoy Far Cry 2 AT ALL when I first played it, but as time progressed and I continued with it, I realized how fucking awesome that game was. "
    I never use it.  

But the lag stuff is there. 

Like I would hear 5 bullets shot but in killcam would show an entire clip into me. 
    Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#12  Edited By Vinny_Says

Another sequel, another thread about how shitty it is....

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @blacklabeldomm said:
    " Another sequel, another thread about how shitty it is.... "
    I am enjoying the single player. Just do not like the real bad voice acting and sometines funky AI. 

The online has some normal Issues. Like the client side lag. 
    Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Vinny_Says
    @The_Laughing_Man: 

All I'm seeing these days are threads about how bad Dead Space 2, Dragon Age 2, Crysis 2 are....I'm getting tired of it. They are in the right to make them but it's really bumming me out because I love every one of those games. 

And with Infamous 2, portal 2, deus ex, Gears 3, Batman AA, Uncharted 3 and Battlefield 3 coming out I'm expecting more of these.....
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @blacklabeldomm said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man:   All I'm seeing these days are threads about how bad Dead Space 2, Dragon Age 2, Crysis 2 are....I'm getting tired of it. They are in the right to make them but it's really bumming me out because I love every one of those games.   And with Infamous 2, portal 2, deus ex, Gears 3, Batman AA, Uncharted 3 and Battlefield 3 coming out I'm expecting more of these..... "
    I loved Dead Space 2 

And I am not looking forward to Deus ex. It looks janky and lack luster at times with poor textures at points. And I plan to get Dragon Age 2 when I can. 
    m0rdr3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By m0rdr3d

I'd only play it for the single player so I'll worry about those impressions.  I've bought the DLC for Reach and Bad Co 2 so Crysis 2 multi would have to be pretty special to pull me away.
    Sarkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Sarkhan
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " what a trainwreck of a game  sad downfall of a colossal game "
    You seem down on every single game out there that isn't  BF. Dont know if you even play any game beside BF. 

Anyway, hubby got it last night. I havent played it yet, but from what he said. It's fun. And thats it:) Fun :)
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jakob187
    @blacklabeldomm: Dead Space 2 was goddamn brilliant!  Who said that game was bad?  I'll show them a thing or two.  Also, the point of my Knee-Jerk Reaction blogs has always been to have those first initial impressions.  After about a week or so of solid play, I can look back and compare to my Knee-Jerk Reaction to see where my thoughts have changed since the very first moment that I played it.  In all literal senses, this is a true knee-jerk reaction. 

I'm not saying the same is shitty.  I'm just saying that as someone who plays a ton of first person shooters (amongst many other types of games, mind you), there is definitely something with Crysis 2 so far that is not clicking with me yet.  With most FPS games, I can pick them up and start busting 2:1 KDRs within an hour of playing without much issue.  This one, however, is being difficult.  I will tame it, though. 

@Vortexus1981: Meet Ahmad_Metallic.  He's a bit of a pessimist.  = D
    Mystyr_E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Mystyr_E
    @m0rdr3d:  
    it isn't :P 

be prepared for a lot of "wtf?! how the hell did he...?" and "wow! seriously?" moments
    Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Vinny_Says
    @jakob187: I wasn't just referring to you, if anything Ahmad's comment was the catalyst to my response.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
    deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

This game is shit.  Within an open, dynamic sandbox environment, a scripted explosion erupted infront of two unaware patrols. It's resulted in them still standing on their feet as if nothing happened.

What the fuck were they thinking, and where the fuck is my $60 going?

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DystopiaX

I'm inferring you play on the 360 (since you talk about the dudes in MP). I think a lot of your problems would be solved on the PC. I know some dudes turned down the motion acceleration and motion blur through settings, which would probably help. PC MP generally aren't full of 360 tards, they know how to play just mute so you don't have to listen to their PC whining. Frame rate is supposedly much smoother on PC, according to Jeff and other people I've heard from, the audio mix can be modified as well. Mouse+keyboard helps with the control issues some, and the clipping wouldn't be a problem either. 

Basically, it seems like Crytek screwed up on their first console port, or at least it's clearly an inferior version.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @DystopiaX said:
    " I'm inferring you play on the 360 (since you talk about the dudes in MP). I think a lot of your problems would be solved on the PC. I know some dudes turned down the motion acceleration and motion blur through settings, which would probably help. PC MP generally aren't full of 360 tards, they know how to play just mute so you don't have to listen to their PC whining. Frame rate is supposedly much smoother on PC, according to Jeff and other people I've heard from, the audio mix can be modified as well. Mouse+keyboard helps with the control issues some, and the clipping wouldn't be a problem either.  Basically, it seems like Crytek screwed up on their first console port, or at least it's clearly an inferior version. "
    I have no complaints with the 360 version and have no issues with framerate or campers in multiplayer. 
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By Jeffsekai

I'm having a ton of fun with Crysis 2, don't understand the hate...

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DystopiaX
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @DystopiaX said:
    " I'm inferring you play on the 360 (since you talk about the dudes in MP). I think a lot of your problems would be solved on the PC. I know some dudes turned down the motion acceleration and motion blur through settings, which would probably help. PC MP generally aren't full of 360 tards, they know how to play just mute so you don't have to listen to their PC whining. Frame rate is supposedly much smoother on PC, according to Jeff and other people I've heard from, the audio mix can be modified as well. Mouse+keyboard helps with the control issues some, and the clipping wouldn't be a problem either.  Basically, it seems like Crytek screwed up on their first console port, or at least it's clearly an inferior version. "
    I have no complaints with the 360 version and have no issues with framerate or campers in multiplayer.  "
    Yes, but the OP complained about that in his post. I was responding to him. Jeff and several other reviewers have also complained about some frame rate hitches on the 360 version.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @DystopiaX said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @DystopiaX said:
    I have no complaints with the 360 version and have no issues with framerate or campers in multiplayer.  "
    Yes, but the OP complained about that in his post. I was responding to him. Jeff and several other reviewers have also complained about some frame rate hitches on the 360 version. "
    First thing I did was install it. Wonder if that had anything to do with me not having any issues. 
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By jakob187

The frame rate hitches that I've experienced have been very seldom, but they came at very inopportune times.  If anything, the more annoying thing is when you have a "Migrating Host" pop up in a multiplayer match, then it goes down to 0 seconds, and you find yourself glitched under the map in a lobby by yourself.  That happened a couple of times last night.  Also, as I'm writing this, I've got a customer that has had six hard freezes in a row when trying to load his campaign. 

@DystopiaX: I mentioned in my OP that I'm playing it on 360.  The deal here is that we got our copies through iGames (for my workplace), and in turn, we got all kinds of stuff (15 or so shirts, 40 or so posters, and four copies of the game).  We could've picked the PC version, but frankly, trying to get PC games running on SmartLaunch...as well as dealing with the patches and driver updates and blah blah blah...it's a massive hassle for a game that probably won't be that popular on PC at our store in the first place.  That's if we WEREN'T sent Steam versions.  If we had been sent Steam versions...well, I don't know how many of you are familiar with how horrid Steam is for gaming centers...but Steam is HORRID for gaming centers.  Imagine the updates you have to do on your home computer...then multiply that by 40 (since that's the number of PCs we have).  We can copy the Steam folder of a completely updated computer over to our server and then copy it to all the computers, but that can cause problems with some of the coding and such we have through our programs in order for it to show up in the menus.  Frankly, NONE of that hassle is worth it when the majority of our PC crowd plays a total of about six games anyways:  Call of Duty 4, League of Legends, World of Warcraft, LOTR Battle for Middle Earth, Civilization V, and Battlefield 2.  Crysis 2 would get played for about a week or two, and then people would be bored with it.  On 360, there is a substantially larger number of customers that would play Crysis 2 just because it's the newest shooting game.  Plus, if we don't have any copies of Black Ops or Modern Warfare 2 or "insert Call of Duty game here" open, they will have something to play.  

In short, the "tl;dr" version of that last paragraph is "Crysis 2 on PC is a lesser option for us in comparison to Crysis 2 on 360".  

@The_Laughing_Man: Installing games to the hard drive on 360 is not an option for us at work, as we only have 20GB hard drives on the consoles up here.  It sucks that we can't use that as an option, as it would save us a lot on replacing worn out copies of the games, but such are the ways of a gaming center.  We could upgrade to bigger hard drives, but look at the cost of a higher hard drive (old school Xbox, not the new slims)...and multiply it by 20.

Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
    JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets
    @Jeffsekai said:
    " I'm having a ton of fun with Crysis 2, don't understand the hate... "
    DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By DystopiaX
    @jakob187: The fuck is with people playing LOTR? Didn't strike me as a particularly popular or good game.
    Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Contro

Armor will only give you some brief time to fire back, it's not a shield. You should be evading or firing back if you've got a good shot on.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Vortexus1981 said:
    " @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " what a trainwreck of a game  sad downfall of a colossal game "
    You seem down on every single game out there that isn't  BF. Dont know if you even play any game beside BF.  "
    i have played and i play most games out there, and i enjoy most of them 
    the only games you've seen me diss this year are Homefront and Crysis 2 for being Call of Duty clones, and Deus Ex Human Revolution for giving the finger to it's PC masterpiece granddaddy  
    also Dragon Age 2 for sticking it to it's true fans and stabbing them in the back. and Bulletstorm for being a joke

ive been super hyped about BF3, LA Noire, Skyrim, Uncharted 3, Arkham City, Trine 2, Portal 2, Call of Juarez 3, Postal 3, Alice: Madness Returns, Dead Space 2, and im looking forward to seeing more of Brink, RF Armageddon, RAGE, NFS Shift 2, Shadow of the Damned, The Cursed Crusade, Ghost Recon Future Soldier, Spec Ops: The Line, DNF and Warhammer 40K Space Marine 

so no, im not down on many games, and i play a shit ton of other action games and shooters (and some RPGs and puzzle games) than Battlefield (:
    fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By fattony12000

YOU'RE A KNEE JERK!

I like games.

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Jackel2072
    @blacklabeldomm said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man:   All I'm seeing these days are threads about how bad Dead Space 2, Dragon Age 2, Crysis 2 are....I'm getting tired of it. They are in the right to make them but it's really bumming me out because I love every one of those games.   And with Infamous 2, portal 2, deus ex, Gears 3, Batman AA, Uncharted 3 and Battlefield 3 coming out I'm expecting more of these..... "
    im with you sir. i enjoy Crysis 2. The only thing really killing the multiplayer at this point is the lag which i am fearful will not be addressed. The beta was laggy the demo was laggy and the retail game is laggy. Its a shame too cuz i really feel this multiplayer has legs but if the entire game is going to be determined by one guy dominating because he's host count me in out in the long run... i have enough problems with Black Ops doing similar shit... granted on a smaller scale. 
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Jackel2072 said:
    " @blacklabeldomm said:
    im with you sir. i enjoy Crysis 2. The only thing really killing the multiplayer at this point is the lag which i am fearful will not be addressed. The beta was laggy the demo was laggy and the retail game is laggy. Its a shame too cuz i really feel this multiplayer has legs but if the entire game is going to be determined by one guy dominating because he's host count me in out in the long run... i have enough problems with Black Ops doing similar shit... granted on a smaller scale.  "
    Killzone 2 had the same issue. And they fix it. I really hope Crytek fixes this. The online would be great if they did. 
    darkwingduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By darkwingduck

im gonna pick the game up tomorrow, multiplayer demo sold me on the game, also microwave-gun and squids in robot suits!

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Vinny_Says
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @Jackel2072 said:
    " @blacklabeldomm said:
    im with you sir. i enjoy Crysis 2. The only thing really killing the multiplayer at this point is the lag which i am fearful will not be addressed. The beta was laggy the demo was laggy and the retail game is laggy. Its a shame too cuz i really feel this multiplayer has legs but if the entire game is going to be determined by one guy dominating because he's host count me in out in the long run... i have enough problems with Black Ops doing similar shit... granted on a smaller scale.  "
    Killzone 2 had the same issue. And they fix it. I really hope Crytek fixes this. The online would be great if they did.  "
    I'm sure they'll address it....what I'm more worried about is EA shutting down the servers....I can still play CoD4 4 years later, not sure about this I mean what will they do if Crysis 3 comes out?
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @blacklabeldomm said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @Jackel2072 said:
    " @blacklabeldomm said:
    Killzone 2 had the same issue. And they fix it. I really hope Crytek fixes this. The online would be great if they did.  "
    I'm sure they'll address it....what I'm more worried about is EA shutting down the servers....I can still play CoD4 4 years later, not sure about this I mean what will they do if Crysis 3 comes out? "
    There is a achivment for playing online 6 months later. 
    Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Jackel2072
    @Tarsier said:
    " i played the demo a bit , and i really cant stand the way the animations CLIP together. they arent smooth at all and any time your guy looks at something and its not in your control, when he goes back to center of screen it fucking has a little glitch. same with basically any animation.  also when you die its a fucking shitshow of glitchy camera bullshit which i absolutely cannot stand. they really could have done a bit more polish on these things. "
    to be fair the demo is old code from way back in the day. the retail game looks a bit better online. 
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By jakob187
    @DystopiaX said:
    " @jakob187: The fuck is with people playing LOTR? Didn't strike me as a particularly popular or good game. "
    More concerning should be the fact that StarCraft II was NOT included in that list.  That should point out how popular LOTR BFME2 is compared to other games.  Then again, you have to remember that I live in a city an hour south of Dallas and an hour north of Austin.  Translation:  kids 'round these parts think LOTR is something spectacular.  I always thought the game was alright, but it lacked a lot of necessary balance and polish. 

I put some more time into the multiplayer and also started the single player last night. 

Multiplayer:  I'm getting better at it.  There's definitely a learning curve in there.  The problem is that the learning curve seems to be more about "what cheap bullshit can I use to counteract this other cheap bullshit" than it does any actual form of skill.  Nonetheless, I started getting the timing down for when to pop my armor suit, when you sprint with my stealth for maximum energy conservation, what guns are good at what range, etc.  If anything, I think my biggest problem NOW is that headshots are so fucking random that they are a legit spray 'n' pray tactic.  I can't count how many times I would die to some idiot spraying an LMG (yes, we're already at that point, ladies and gents) and he'd get a lucky goddamn headshot on me in the Kill Replay.  Fucking terrible.  WHY are we still living in a time where headshots are a viable thing?  What, so idiots can feel like they are worth something? 

Also, how is it that I'm wearing this crazy advanced nanosuit with stealth and armor and super sprint and super jump and all kinds of shit...but I can take three or four elbows to the head and die?  Really?  I mean, REALLY?  That's asking for a LOT of suspension of disbelief from me at this point. 

Overall, though, the multiplayer is getting better.  We'll see if it gets past this.  I'm getting sick of the 1:1 KDR shit. 

Single player:  So being the rough and tumble muthafucker that I am, I've decided to do my first playthrough on Super Soldier difficulty...which is the highest.  Why?  I'm an achievement whore, and I also figure that I won't get much of a challenge out of the game if I do anything less.  I mean, you would figure just from plain logic that you'll be able to stealth a lot, right?  In turn, what are the chances that any of the lower difficulties will genuinely be challenging if you can just sneak past everyone?  As it stands, I've just gotten past the first area of aliens that you face as I'm going down the FDR.  The single player is pretty cool, but dood...I've been stealthing a lot.  I can totally understand what people mean when they say that the game lacks focus in the single player.  I keep wondering if I'm missing something important or doing something wrong because I'm just walking past a ton of doods, then stealth killing a bunch of other doods, then shooting some doods because I can't sneak past them.  One big problem that I have already:  guys will shoot at you, but they rarely seem to chase after you.  They just kind of stand around shooting, then when you disappear, they stand around a bit more and shoot at nothing because they think you cloaked, and then they go on a search patrol pattern...which leads to you meleeing them when they get close and then stealthing again.  Kind of dull, but some awesome things have happened.  I super kicked a car into a couple of cars so they would scream and flail.  I also snuck up behind a dood, stuck a knife in his throat in front of his fellow soldier, then shotgunned that fucker in the face.  So...there's that. 

I'm going to continue on, but so far...I mean, seriously, I had no ammo when I got to those aliens, and I just stealthed and then used rapid melee attacks to kill them, and they put up absolutely zero challenge.  Super Soldier difficulty feels like Veteran on Modern Warfare 2 so far:  it's got that thing about "two shots and you die", but beyond that, not much else for difficulty.  =  /
    handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By handlas

well you have started singleplayer....that is the solution.  Crysis is a singleplayer game first and foremost imo.  Multiplayer was without a doubt an afterthought in the first game and, tho it seems they tried to make it better this time around, I'd still say this is a singleplayer game. 

From what I have played, Crysis 1 is still better.  A completely open world is what made Crysis Crysis.  I'm enjoying it thus far tho.  Then again, I just finished Killzone 3 singleplayer which was pretty shitty so maybe I'm being lenient on Crysis 2.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By NTM

It is pretty disappointing. The 360 versions graphics are near terrible since there are multiple glitches, whether it be all games, or just mine. It's bad. I love the soundtrack though, and that aspect alone heightens the experience, but there are just so many flaws that hamper that experience, I can only play it for an hour at least. I beat it in one sitting the day it came out, and that's when I felt kind of sad.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @NTM said:
    " It is pretty disappointing. The 360 versions graphics are near terrible since there are multiple glitches, whether it be all games, or just mine. It's bad. I love the soundtrack though, and that aspect alone heightens the experience, but there are just so many flaws that hamper that experience, I can only play it for an hour at least. I beat it in one sitting the day it came out, and that's when I felt kind of sad. "
    What glitches? I have seen no issues with the graphics. It looks very nice. And sadly the PS3 version is worse in many places. Gametrailers did a comparasion and it looks bad. Crytek did a bad port to PS3 
    Mystyr_E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Mystyr_E
    @The_Laughing_Man: I have. There's almost there's diagonal lines going across my screen in both single player and multi, I popped in Mass Effect 2 and nothing, popped this back in and poof, there they were
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Mystyr_E said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man: I have. There's almost there's diagonal lines going across my screen in both single player and multi, I popped in Mass Effect 2 and nothing, popped this back in and poof, there they were "
    Might be the disk. I have never even heard of that sort of bug. 
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Buck_Sexington:  i said the multiplayer component of Crysis 2 is the cod clone, and i didnt have to play to know that. the multiplayer quick look was more than enough 
    also, i LOVE people like you who tell others not to judge games before trying them... haha you make it sound like games can be so different and diverse that you never know 

please, get real, as much as i'd like to believe that games can be that different and innovative, its all basically the same. rarely did a game surprise us and change our minds after we pre-judged it based on 1) gameplay footage 2)developer history  3)the franchise it comes from 

and a 'true Dragon Age' fan, something i appreciate but something i personally am not, is a person who worship PC RPGs and appreciates their old school style and suffers from the lack of those games nowadays, and saw a life boat in Dragon Age: Origins that fed his hunger, only to have the developers snatch the cake right out of his hands with this new shameful entry in the game.
    pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By pweidman

The Crysis mp is actually pretty damn good.  The problem is it's infested w/host advan and lag.  It's creating all the wierd hit detection, and replay BS.  Play the sp tc.  It feels and looks better than any fps sp campaign since HL2(graphically superior to my taste than anything). Update after you've beaten it.
    Avatar image for extreme_popcorn
    Extreme_Popcorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#50  Edited By Extreme_Popcorn
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " @Buck_Sexington:  i said the multiplayer component of Crysis 2 is the cod clone, and i didnt have to play to know that. the multiplayer quick look was more than enough also, i LOVE people like you who tell others not to judge games before trying them... haha you make it sound like games can be so different and diverse that you never know  please, get real, as much as i'd like to believe that games can be that different and innovative, its all basically the same. rarely did a game surprise us and change our minds after we pre-judged it based on 1) gameplay footage 2)developer history  3)the franchise it comes from  and a 'true Dragon Age' fan, something i appreciate but something i personally am not, is a person who worship PC RPGs and appreciates their old school style and suffers from the lack of those games nowadays, and saw a life boat in Dragon Age: Origins that fed his hunger, only to have the developers snatch the cake right out of his hands with this new shameful entry in the game. "
    You never mentioned multiplayer anywhere. 

I love people like you who think they are gaming oracles who's opinions are fact and others should bow down and huddle at their feet waiting for the next putrid morsal of bullshit you can spout about a game which you have no clue about. I have literally never seen you post something positive about any game, ever. It's always some fucking bitching and moaning about how games aren't as good as previous games or how developers are doing it wrong. Seriously, give it a fucking rest.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.