Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crysis 2

Game » consists of 37 releases. Released Mar 22, 2011

Set three years after the original Crysis, an ambushed Marine named Alcatraz dons the famous Nanosuit and fights his way through an obliterated New York City to stop the alien invasion.

New Crysis 2 Scans

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

A few scans from German PC Games Magazine:

Nano Suit 2.0
     Nano Suit 2.0

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

V Concept Art V 
    V Concept Art V 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

CryEngine 3  PC - 360 & PS3 Demo        

(720p streams available) 

CryEngine 3 on PC   

crusnchill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By crusnchill

(Raises glass)
    Here's to hoping it runs as well on the xbox 360 as the original and Warhead did on my PC.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By turbomonkey138

Looks amazing even through scans

rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By rallier

For some reason I'm oddly fascinated by what appears to be a shopping cart at the bottom of the 7th scan, I'm not sure if it is a shopping cart actually...

Anyway, I'm looking forward seeing this in motion.

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By vitor

I for one am thrilled that this is going multiplatform - it means Crytek actually have to put in a tonne of work to optimise their engine. My new laptop is just about be able to run Crysis and Warhead on all high settings at 1600x900 -  even if I still won't be able to max out 2, I fully expect high settings on this game to look substantially better than the previous games as hopefully the engine will be a lot more efficient.

crystalskull2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By crystalskull2

I'm interested about the new nano suit.

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Alexander

The most exciting thing I can see is urban environments.

dietmango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By dietmango

Damn those scans look... orgasmic O_O. Can't wait to see the trailer when it's released.

rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By rallier
    @Linkyshinks: Hahaha o wow was not expecting that. I really should try and play the original games one day. Shame that they would melt my laptop.
    armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#10  Edited By armaan8014

So it looks like the game's gonna take place in a city..  cool

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NTM

Oh that's cool. I just put a Crysis wallpaper up... coincidence.
    Avatar image for dragoonkain1687
    DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By DragoonKain1687
    @crusnchill said:
    " (Raises glass) Here's to hoping it runs as well on the xbox 360 as the original and Warhead did on my PC. "
    This game was meant for the PC, why would you even be interested in playing it on the 360? I doubt it will require more specs than the first.
    L33tfella_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By L33tfella_H
    @DragoonKain1687 said:
    " @crusnchill said:
    " (Raises glass) Here's to hoping it runs as well on the xbox 360 as the original and Warhead did on my PC. "
    This game was meant for the PC, why would you even be interested in playing it on the 360?
    Cause Crytek maybe wanna get paid this time around?

The first game didn't sell well/was pirated a bunch not just because people could, but cause i'm sure alot of people Saw the first game as just some Tech Demo gone Retail. I haven't played Crysis yet, but some friends of mine did really like it though.

If they can get a mainstream console audience interested in this, then it's all the better for them!
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PureRok
    @DragoonKain1687 said:
    " @crusnchill said:
    This game was meant for the PC, why would you even be interested in playing it on the 360? I doubt it will require more specs than the first. "
    I think that post was sardonic.
    Gump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Gump

This is...

A.M.A.Z.I.N.G

Please more news like this!
    Avatar image for buzz_killington
    buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16  Edited By buzz_killington

Is the guy taking cover in one of the pics? Have they changed the perspective to a third-person game now?

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By Tennmuerti

After the first Crysis I'm really skeptical of the second one, not really super exited for this.
    Not going to buy until reviews poor in and general opinion on the internet solidifies after a few weeks.
    But here's hoping it will be better as a game and not as a tech demo.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @Tennmuerti said:
    " After the first Crysis I'm really skeptical of the second one, not really super exited for this. Not going to buy until reviews poor in and general opinion on the internet solidifies after a few weeks. But here's hoping it will be better as a game and not as a tech demo. "
    the game will be okay, graphics will be awesome. just like the first. 
    DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DragoonKain1687
    @L33tfella_H said:
    " @DragoonKain1687 said:
    " @crusnchill said:
    This game was meant for the PC, why would you even be interested in playing it on the 360?
    Cause Crytek maybe wanna get paid this time around?  The first game didn't sell well/was pirated a bunch not just because people could, but cause i'm sure alot of people Saw the first game as just some Tech Demo gone Retail. I haven't played Crysis yet, but some friends of mine did really like it though.  If they can get a mainstream console audience interested in this, then it's all the better for them! "
    I bought both Crysis and Warhead on release, and I did not consider them to be all that. Aside from a magnificent graphic engine, the game is lacking imo in many aspects. Its fun, but its also standard. Its not ground breaking, and its still linear and takes you by the hand, though not through a corridor as most FPS.  Consider it more like Halo like, only that all the stages are the big open ones from Halo. But you get a big ass marker that tells you where to go, and you cant bypass it. I think that they have a lot to improve for the "second" one. Specially the online mode. 
    Im still getting it on PC, playing it on a console would be a downgrade
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By Snail

I don't see how this is going to run on consoles. It is apparent that even NASA supercomputers would have a tough time running this.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Diamond

The shots with the nanosuit look great, the other shots, no such much IMO.  I hope the nanosuit actually does look that good in Crysis 2, the nanosuit model in Crysis 1 wasn't very good.  Honestly, if I had to guess, the shots with the nanosuit are bullshots, I doubt the suit will look that good even in cutscenes on a high end PC, but I'm open to being pleasantly surprised in that regard.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#22  Edited By Geno

Thanks for posting.  

Dunno, the scans don't really look like in game to me, they look more like concept art. It's looking pretty good on console though, in fact it's pretty much on par with CryEngine 2. If they can optimize it such that it runs much better on current hardware than the last Crysis did, I'd be happy. Currently there is no hardware configuration that can run Crysis at 60fps on max settings, which is a bit ludicrous.
    HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By HitmanAgent47

From what i'm seeing in these videos and well early screenshots, it doesn't look good as crysis on very high for those using vista or windows 7, more like medium high which many articles specified comparing the graphics. It's gone a different direction, however it's still interesting they are having cities and stuff now. I don't know, I guess i'm still not too happy about it all this time that it's multiplatform and i'm skeptical of the pc version matching the realism of crysis on very high because I think it's downgraded to a multiplatform engine. However for consoles, it might be the best looking game they have, yet for pc, isn't, from a pc gamer's perspective.  

Well no matter whan ppl say, these urban enviroment in crysis 2 doesn't look realistic at all even though there was half urban and jungle environments in crysis which was realistic. Obviously tons of things are lacking graphically and adapted to mulitplatform technology, which will affect the pc version the most for realism which will now be lacking.

DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DragoonKain1687
    @HitmanAgent47 said:
    "

From what i'm seeing in these videos and well early screenshots, it doesn't look good as crysis on very high for those using vista or windows 7, more like medium high which many articles specified comparing the graphics. It's gone a different direction, however it's still interesting they are having cities and stuff now. I don't know, I guess i'm still not too happy about it all this time that it's multiplatform and i'm skeptical of the pc version matching the realism of crysis on very high because I think it's downgraded. However for consoles, it might be the best looking game they have, yet for pc, isn't, from a pc gamer's perspective.

"
    I think that graphically, it may not be as stunning, because, after all, the jungle of steel is not really something "amazing" to see. A jungle, in vivid colors is more impressive. I dont think there will be a graphical downgrade, but it will be more straight forward. Though I think this will benefit the game. 
    Crysis, imo felt bland and boring most of the time, at least till the later section, where it was more straightforward, and action packed. 
    Warhead kind of solved this, but earlier stages still had the same problem, of being just big, amazing looking empty places.

But what I really want them to do is to improve the physics of the "enviroment". Despite all the amazing movement you see, the engine is quite simple, and everything is scripted. Houses break the same, be it by a powered up punch or a rocket launcher. Same thing with trees. I want more juice to be drained from my PC xD. I want to squeeze it with an amazing destructability and amazing graphics!
    Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25  Edited By Deusoma
    @crusnchill said:
    I'll drink to that. I'd prefer to play it on a console if possible, but I'd play it on my PC if it turned out the ports were crap.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ryanwho

Wonder how much of that is static and unblowupable.

nrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By nrain

GRAPHICS

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#28  Edited By Hamz

Crysis looked great from a technical perspective with some amazingly high resolution textures but it pretty much lacked any real interesting gameplay, story or wow factor beyond the graphical quality the game presented.

Not going to pass judgement on Crysis 2 until we hear some more about the game, looks like it will be set in a more urban environment which would be a nice change of scenery. Will we continue to play as Nomad or Psycho I wonder?

Avatar image for deactivated-594edfbbc45ca
    deactivated-594edfbbc45ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DragoonKain1687 said:
    " @crusnchill said:
    This game was meant for the PC, why would you even be interested in playing it on the 360? "

Because I have a 360 and i doubt my laptop can play it and therefore is the only place I can play it is on my 360.
    ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#30  Edited By ProfessorEss

Same thing as usual.
    Looks so good, but leaves me with little-to-no interest.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Linkyshinks

I've always thought the first game was a great one depending on one's personal level of creativity and cockiness. There were some players who would shoot n cloak in very dull fashion, others on the flip side would play using all their abilities in creative ways to wow worthy effect. I personally did the latter when playing the original, which still has many apparent flaws. When I came across bases I would use my goggles and tag all me enemies, almost every single one, before looking around and deciding a CoA which took advantage of all by abilities and the environment. The result was almost always maximum destruction and great gameplay. There's one level in the original which is the most fun I've ever had in a FPS game, I came out of it think it was incredible.  

This game could be great because of the lessons learned through both Crysis and Warhead.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#32  Edited By JJOR64

I hope this game is better then the first one, I didn't care for the first game.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#33  Edited By AndrewB

The Crytek team makes amazing engines. Their only problem is that they make make them so cutting-edge that they don't get the third-party adoption rate of, say, an Unreal Engine 3. Also, because they've tended to work exclusively with the tropical island/jungle setting, people tend not to see them good for anything else. I guess that's why Crysis 2 takes place in an urban setting, so they can try and rid themselves of that misnomer and show they can do more than just jungles.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Linkyshinks

New Trailer

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.