Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crysis 3

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Feb 19, 2013

A mysteriously resurrected Prophet fights his way through the now literal jungles of the fallen New York City, continuing the fight against the malevolent Ceph alien invaders.

Crysis 3 Officially Exists, Will Be Out Next Spring

• 85 results
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#51  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Napalm said:

I can't wait to die in three shots and have to sneak everywhere because that's the only logical way the designers made the game to play.

I'm very satisfied by you acknowledging and critiquing the design flaws of a popular game (since you're practically Mr. Get Hype). Especially that you've hit the nail on the head with one quick line. Especially that my all time favorite FPS, Crysis, did not have the forced stealth crap that this lousy sequel pulled. 
    Respect!
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By napalm

@AhmadMetallic said:

@Napalm said:

I can't wait to die in three shots and have to sneak everywhere because that's the only logical way the designers made the game to play.

I'm very satisfied by you acknowledging and critiquing the design flaws of a popular game (since you're practically Mr. Get Hype). Especially that you've hit the nail on the head with one quick line. Especially that my all time favorite FPS, Crysis, did not have the forced stealth crap that this lousy sequel pulled. Respect!

Mr. Get Hype? Dude, I've never been more bored with videogames than I have been in the past month. And I dislike a lot of games. Most games, actually.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By Sin4profit

I'll most likely skip this unless i hear things are drastically different as Crysis 2 was a letdown.

MeatSim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#54  Edited By MeatSim

Welcome to the jungle.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#55  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Napalm said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

@Napalm said:

I'm very satisfied by you acknowledging and critiquing the design flaws of a popular game (since you're practically Mr. Get Hype). Especially that you've hit the nail on the head with one quick line. Especially that my all time favorite FPS, Crysis, did not have the forced stealth crap that this lousy sequel pulled. Respect!

Mr. Get Hype? Dude, I've never been more bored with videogames than I have been in the past month. And I dislike a lot of games. Most games, actually.

I'm not hating or anything but I've seen more "This looks awesome / are you excited" threads from your red and blue avatar in the last 3 months than I have from everybody put together since the site launched so .. :P 
    Like I said, I admire you calling out the thing I hated the most about the sequel I loathe the most of the FPS I love the most.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By napalm

@AhmadMetallic: That's because Resident Evil 6 looks awesome! Dude, Resident Evil 6!

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By napalm

@AhmadMetallic: Also, it's purple and orange, not red and blue.

DonutFever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#58  Edited By DonutFever
    @Meatsim said:

Welcome to the jungle.

We've got fun and games.
    Supah_Ted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Supah_Ted

Sounds awesome and I cannot wait. Crysis is the best fps series this gen.
    Bummed that it was not a ts4 announcement even if I knew it wasnt going to be.

If you peeps don't like Alex's awesome articles, then go to gamespot or something. Otherwise be quiet.

Avatar image for thephantomstranger
    ThePhantomStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Govannan said:

translated to, like, a week, because hey, now we have
    Crysis 3 is totally a thing
    pre-order bonuses too, because of course there are

Please stop writing like that.

Please keep writing like that.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By NTM

Huh... I really love Crysis (the original), and think Crysis 2 is alright, but I don't really know what to say here. I just hope it's good; better than two.

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#62  Edited By viking_funeral
    @Xeirus

@Paul_Is_Drunk said:

@Govannan said:

Out of context I would have guessed that it was from the front page of Penny Arcade. Either way, I didn't notice or care until you pointed it out, and even then I would give it a, "meh."

Or you could get off your high horse and realize what website you're on. I come here to get away dickholes, please don't be one, like, seriously.

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize that Penny Arcade were dickholes. Or replying casually to people who bitch about Giant Bomb makes me a dickhole. Sorry I ruined your internet experience.

By all means, continue to bitch. That, in no way, makes you the dickholes you so despise.
    NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By NTM

@markgcarter said:

im looking forward to this, hope they can improve the minor framerate issues on the console versions :)

Hah! That's not the only thing they need to fix on the console version. There are major and minor bugs (like the horrendous grain bug that pops up whenever, and the overlapping music at times), and the A.I. should have been amazing, better than F.E.A.R. I just find it ironic how they say they'll have the best, and while I can kind of see some of that, it literally ended up being one of the dumbest I've ever seen. They walk into walls, and they kill themselves over the dumbest things.

"Whoops, fell over the edge of the side walk, now I'm dead." "Hey, get out of my way man, I'm going left, you go right, no the other right! Oh shit! We just walked into each other and now we're both dead." "Hey, suit guy! Here's a grenade! Whoops! GRENADE! *a few of the Cell guys die by their own grenade*" At least there's not as much of a problem with the alien A.I. though I have spotted them walking in circles at times. I have the 360 and PC versions, and have played the PS3 version as well, though I mostly play the 360 version, and there's just so much going against it it's a huge turn off.

The first Crysis is amazing.

TEHMAXXORZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By TEHMAXXORZ

@FoolishChaos said:

That screen shot was exciting, until I saw the robot. I don't give a fuck about shooting robots.

edit: Unless its Vanquish

*They're aliens*

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#65  Edited By spazmaster666

I'm assuming this will probably be an enhanced version of CryEngine 3 that they used for Crysis 2 and Crysis on XBLA since it would seem like the amount of time and money required to make a brand new CryEngine probably wouldn't be worth it considering this game is coming out two years after Crysis 2. In any case, if they combine great shooting mechanics of Crysis 2 with the larger environments of Crysis, this will definitely be a game I'll want to play.

Wiseblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Wiseblood
    AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By AuthenticM

I approve.

csalahunor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#68  Edited By csalahunor

I hope it will be like Crysis 1, and not like Crysis 2, i liked much more the jungle than NYC.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By LiquidPrince

Meh. Didn't like one, didn't like two. Will be surprised if I like 3.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
    deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I still haven't garnered enough interest to play the original.

Xeirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Xeirus

@Paul_Is_Drunk said:

@Xeirus

@Paul_Is_Drunk said:

@Govannan said:

Out of context I would have guessed that it was from the front page of Penny Arcade. Either way, I didn't notice or care until you pointed it out, and even then I would give it a, "meh."

Or you could get off your high horse and realize what website you're on. I come here to get away dickholes, please don't be one, like, seriously.

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize that Penny Arcade were dickholes. Or replying casually to people who bitch about Giant Bomb makes me a dickhole. Sorry I ruined your internet experience. By all means, continue to bitch. That, in no way, makes you the dickholes you so despise.

It was a response to the OP, not you, cool your jets sir.

Bunny_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Bunny_Fire

Good to hear i got the first one loved it skipped the second one and will buy the third one

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By MikeGosot
    @Napalm said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

@Napalm said:

But you like God Hand. High five, bro. Also, that reminds me that, i usually connect people on Giant Bomb with the games they like. You're God Hand Guy, AhmadMetallic is Max Payne Guy, Hailinel is Persona guy, and there's way more... Fuck, i feel like a stalker.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By napalm

@MikeGosot: Hell yeah I like God Hand! And Vanquish! And Dead Nation. And Gotham City Impostors!

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#75  Edited By benspyda

Maxed out on Ultra Crysis 2 does look pretty good, but the game design and moment to moments were kinda lack luster. Hope they pick up the slack this time round.

paulwade1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By paulwade1984

This just stinks of quick cash in.

They blatently set it in new york again to re-use art assets. Seems like im fighting all the same enemies again as well.

Also, why cant crytek just see through a story. The end of crysis 2 setup prophet to take out the world wide network of Alien Area denial weapons. Now apparently he's on a revenge mission to take out the cell company who has set up a massive nano sphere in new york... A massive nano sphere that I never saw anything of the whole time I spent playing crysis 2.

They know where they can shove their pre-order dlc as well.

I just dont want this game.

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#77  Edited By viking_funeral

@Xeirus said:

@Paul_Is_Drunk said:

@Xeirus

@Paul_Is_Drunk said:

@Govannan said:

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize that Penny Arcade were dickholes. Or replying casually to people who bitch about Giant Bomb makes me a dickhole. Sorry I ruined your internet experience. By all means, continue to bitch. That, in no way, makes you the dickholes you so despise.

It was a response to the OP, not you, cool your jets sir.

My apologies then, but you can understand how quoting me can lead to such confusion.

Avatar image for deactivated-6058f06e73ee8
    deactivated-6058f06e73ee8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel really lame for wondering how New York would become a jungle considering the climate there, but I can't help it…

EndlessLotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#79  Edited By EndlessLotus

I just hope the story actually makes some headway....

jimmcgowan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By jimmcgowan

Like others here, I really loved the first Crysis. It had a lot of bugs (my audio would crap out and I would have to quit and restart the game, and I reloaded about a dozen saves before I could get around the helicopter-is-trapped-in-the-skybox-so-you-can't-shoot-it-down bug), but despite those I loved the game, especially the openness - being able to try out different approaches and tactics on almost every objective was a refreshing change from a lot of recent games. I also thought the way the story was plotted and paced was really excellent by FPS standards.

Crysis 2 was an OK shooter. Just OK. Like others have said here, I was disappointed by the linear missions and maps and the hand holding. But the biggest disappointment for me was not getting any resolution from the events at the end of the first game. Making no reference to the survivors of the first game, except Prophet's weak story, was a real let down after being impressed with the narrative from the first game.

I'll definitely play Crysis 3, probably as soon as it comes out, but my expectations will be lower than they were for Crysis 2.

I've never played the Far Cry games, despite 1 & 2 sitting in my Steam library. I really need to get into those...

VTheSystemV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#81  Edited By VTheSystemV

Never played Crysis 1, but played about half of Crysis 2 and gotta say, it bored me. It was clunky and didn't make me feel like a super soldier. Not interested in this, but the bow does look cool. But I will not buy a game for a weapon.

striderno9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#82  Edited By striderno9

I need to play Crysis 2 one of these days.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By laserbolts

If they get rid of the talking suit i'll be interested. I don't need an annoying voice to tell me im entering stealth mode when my gun turns invisible. Worst thing about crysis 2 imo.

Lysergica33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Lysergica33

Tastes like milk

Hatemachine76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Hatemachine76

So I pre ordered it for $49.99 and got this email today from Origin:

You know what they say about the early bird? Turns out your quick clicking landed you an unintentional $10 discount on Crysis 3. Well done!

Here's what happened: When we put Crysis 3 on Origin initially, we accidentally listed it at $49.99 - $10 less than the actual retail price of $59.99. However, in honor of your catlike reflexes, we'd like to give you the game at the original $49.99 price point.

There's no need to repurchase or take any further action - you'll simply get the game at the price you were already charged. In the meantime, we hope you enjoy this fortuitous discount.

Finally, we'd like to thank you for pre-ordering Crysis 3. We're just as excited as you to get into the Nanosuit and test that killer bow. Keep honing your reflexes, and we'll see you in New York.

Best regards,

The Origin Team

Works for me. Now just be awesome out the box

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.