Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crysis 3

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Feb 19, 2013

A mysteriously resurrected Prophet fights his way through the now literal jungles of the fallen New York City, continuing the fight against the malevolent Ceph alien invaders.

Crysis 3 tech demo. (Spoilers, it looks pretty good)

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

I always love these kinds of videos. Say what you will about Crysis as a game but it looks sexy as hell. I'm also kind of sad that more games don't use the CryEngine 3. I though it was very well optimized. Looked and ran better then most games do on my dying 5 year old PC.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I really need to buy a top of the line gaming PC. Even if the game winds up only being okay or not great, that game looks insanely detailed.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By laserbolts

Holy that looks amazing. Switching to PC for next gen is sounding like a smarter decision everyday.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By MikeGosot

That's a Sexy Toad. And i'm not talking about the user.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By falserelic

Even though it looks more of the same as Crysis 2.

I'll check this game out. Its kinda weird that the game is taking place 25 years later, and that your character acts and sounds just like prophet when he's not. It still looks like a blast to play.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Justin258

Tesselated toads - worth a new graphics card plus $60?

Both of the previous Crysis games were pretty good and not just because of their graphics, so I'll definitely get this - but not until I get a good gaming PC.

@laserbolts said:

Holy that looks amazing. Switching to PC for next gen is sounding like a smarter decision everyday.

No ifs, ands, or buts - it's going to take one hell of an exclusive to make me shy away from my decision to get a PC first next gen. And I mean the PS4 or next Xbox had better come up with a game-changing mind-blower on the revolutionary level of Half-Life to make me sway back towards one of them.

EDIT: I guess it's worth mentioning that I don't actually think that looks much better than Crysis 1 or 2. Then again, I really don't think that games even need to look better than Crysis 1 or 2. Like, ever. I feel like you hit a point where you concentrate so much on making each individual tree leaf that you forget everything else about the game. I don't think Crytek's done that yet (remember that I said the first two were good games?) but they're definitely going that direction.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By TheHT

None of that looked impressive to me. Maybe it's just that Next-Gen Movie Green tint on everything ruining it all. That frog looked dope though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.