Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crysis Warhead

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Sep 16, 2008

A standalone expansion pack to Crysis, Warhead's campaign follows Sergeant Michael 'Psycho' Sykes, as he faces his own trials and challenges on the other side of the island, parallel to the events of the first game.

For those having performance issues

QuattroRS6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By QuattroRS6

Make sure you are playing the game in dx9 and not dx10.  The dev already said there is no diff between the two in this game visually.
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis WARHEAD\Bin32\Crysis.exe" -dx9
    The important part of that is the -dx9 at the end make sure you have that.

Smooth as glass: Enthusiast 4xAA
    Q9300@3.4
    9800gx2
    4gb pc1066
    Vista64

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By pause422

there is a difference between them visually...maybe not as much in warhead but still to an extent..since they knocked down the hold it has on lower systems a bit.

QuattroRS6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By QuattroRS6

The dev said in an interview there would be no difference in this game between vista and xp. This would imply that dx10 didnt matter and though the engine supports dx10 features maybe they werent implemented in warhead. Guess he was just being vague, who knows.  Regardless, the majority should have a much better experience playing the game this way.  Looking good for PR and screenshots is one thing looking nice while playing at good frameratres is another.  Just trying to help out some people who may overlook something easy to make the game run significantly better for them.

lakeport_abe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By lakeport_abe

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis WARHEAD\Bin32\Crysis.exe" -dx9

where would i see that? if i right clicked the short cut and went to properties?

QuattroRS6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By QuattroRS6
    lakeport_abe said:
    ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis WARHEAD\Bin32\Crysis.exe" -dx9

where would i see that? if i right clicked the short cut and went to properties?"
    Yep
    lakeport_abe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By lakeport_abe

hey man thanks alot, that helped so much

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Jeffsekai
    QuattroRS6 said:
    "

The dev said in an interview there would be no difference in this game between vista and xp. This would imply that dx10 didnt matter and though the engine supports dx10 features maybe they werent implemented in warhead. Guess he was just being vague, who knows.  Regardless, the majority should have a much better experience playing the game this way.  Looking good for PR and screenshots is one thing looking nice while playing at good frameratres is another.  Just trying to help out some people who may overlook something easy to make the game run significantly better for them.

"
    There is a differance, I normally play at dx10 but wanted to try it out at dx9, the FPS was the same but I lost all dynamic shadows and lighting and in turn making the game look "meh"

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.