Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crysis Warhead

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Sep 16, 2008

A standalone expansion pack to Crysis, Warhead's campaign follows Sergeant Michael 'Psycho' Sykes, as he faces his own trials and challenges on the other side of the island, parallel to the events of the first game.

The Crysis PC: worth it?

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ryanwho

So many of you are aware a custom rig was built in conjunction with this game's launch that costs 700 dollars and is supposed to be able to run Warhead at 30 fps on the high setting. Anyone purchase this thing? How does it hold up? Is there a better rig to go with?

caption
    caption
    Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Demilich

That PC will play everything on max, except Crysis. It's not a bad deal, but you could still do better if you built yourself.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Hamz

I'm not a PC expert but hell...its not looking that great and for the price i'm pretty sure you could build better yourself

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ryanwho

Anyone got a better rig for around the same price? I can "build" it myself I just have no idea what should be in there. It doesn't have to be pristine, just good enough to Run Warhead multiplayer and Fallout 3 on high res. Now just feels like the right time.

krazy_kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By krazy_kyle

I have reasons to believe they might be spoofing at the fact (or fictional idea) that they got $700 worth of PC and made crysis able to run max at 30 FPS. It might happen, but you gotta pay to get the good stuff no matter what. They could have added a $270 graphics card and simply added other shit hardware like a tiny hard drive or weak processor etc...

xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By xruntime

Looks like a decent deal. I'm sure you could probably milk out more if you built it yourself, but I'm not sure what parts to use.

zeox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By zeox

It's a pretty good deal if you ask me. Do you know if it comes with a 64bit version of windows? If so, buy an extra 2 gigs of ram!

Avatar image for darkenzanarikado
    DarkEnzanArikado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DarkEnzanArikado

Its a decent deal. I would rather build it though.

ThePhenomenal1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ThePhenomenal1

if you're not going to build a system, this is a great alternative. its guaranteed to run crysis warhead at a decent resolution with at least mainstream settings.

i just bought a bunch of parts to build myself a system. a faster athlon x2 cpu and a radeon 4830 which is a better value card than the 9800gt. cost to me, 300 bucks. my brother coughed up 100 bucks for a new case and motherboard.

so basically it would cost other people 400 dollars to build a similar system to that. if 300 dollars is worth not having to put the system together yourself, then thats all you.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.