Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crysis

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 13, 2007

As Nomad, an elite soldier outfitted in a state-of-the-art Nanosuit that gives him superhuman abilities, infiltrate a North Korean-held island to rescue captured scientists... and face a reawakening ancient evil that threatens the entire world. Crysis is well known for its high system requirements and top of the line graphics.

Are the making the console version more like Crysis 2?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

If you've seen the trailer, you'll notice that it shows Nomad (the player character) holding a grenade. Now, in the original Crysis and Warhead, you never hold grenades like seen in Crysis 2, instead you throw them like most shooters do, Halo or Call of Duty style. Man, if they make it so I can't go prone in the bushes of Lingshan, I'm going to be somewhat disappointed. They should be trying to make Crysis 2 more like Crysis rather than make Crysis like Crysis 2. 

Watch the trailer, as you watch, stop at 1:23 and you'll notice that there's a difference. 

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By NTM

Sorry for the mistake on the topic title.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By EuanDewar

Being able to hold a Grenade seems like an improvement if anything.

Also who the fuck cares.

CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By CheapPoison

Ye i like being able to hold my grenades. 
    Don't know how that would work on consoles though. 

I still think this whole re-release thing is just weird.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NTM

The fact that you hold a grenade isn't the problem at all. I just hope I can go prone still.

peacebrother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By peacebrother

I had no idea this was happening! Since I don't have a PC that can run it, as long as the game itself isn't changed in the transition to consoles, I'll be picking it up. Crysis is one of my favourite shooters, graphics or not.

Dingofighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Dingofighter

I think this was in the alpha version of Crysis, so I guess you can say this is more original Crysis than the original Crysis was...

The rest of it seems like Crysis, so I don't really see any problem with this. As long as they don't change the size of the levels or something.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By alternate

Different engine wasn't it - so instead of porting the original as is it would make more sense to use the C1 assets on the C2 engine, which is already on consoles.

TheTelePlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheTelePlus

Most pointless release ever? I love Crysis but I can't see it selling too well at this point. Much of the reason it sold so well on PC was because of the visual splendor, granted having played the game and thinking the gameplay was equally amazing I guess it'll at least sell well to the enthusiasts that don't have the computer to run the PC version. Hell more people getting to play Crysis is damn fine by me.

Ocean_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Ocean_H

It's coming to XBLA and PSN. With "XBLA", it's limited to 2GB in size, so you see how it's dumbed down:

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.