Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crytek UK

Company »

Formerly Free Radical Design, Crytek UK was a console-focused satellite studio for the Germany-based Crytek. The studio was shut down on July 30, 2014.

I'm done.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Alright. So like, last week Crytek UK finally announced their latest game, in which everyone thought was going to be Timesplitters 4.

Before E3 Crytek said they'd announce a game that fans would be really happy about, and even before this, rumors were all over the place of Timesplitters 4 being in the works.

So after waiting forever just for the announcement, the ultimate cockblock: Crytek UK's newest game is Homefront 2.

HOMEFRONT 2. A sequel to a mediocre, uninspired FPS is being made by the brilliant minds who created the wonderful Timesplitters games.

SAD FART.

K bye.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Fuck crytek. Fuck crysis 2 up the fucking cunt.  

thank you

RaikohBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By RaikohBlade

@Turtlebird95: You're done? You're leaving? What excellent news! Please, don't come back, okay?

tsiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By tsiro

Maybe the brilliant minds who made the wonderful Timesplitters games can, well, continue doing brilliant things and add some fun into the Homefront IP? Heck, I still think that the Homefront universe has potential, it just clearly wasn't realized in the first. Depending on how much creative control they have over the direction of this one, it just might turn out all right!

Don't give up, yet!

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@RaikohBlade said:

@Turtlebird95: You're done? You're leaving? What excellent news! Please, don't come back, okay?

You're done? You're leaving? What excellent news! Please, don't come back, this is not a debate.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PeasantAbuse

Wow, that is pretty disappointing. I thought the Homefront multiplayer was pretty fun from what I played in the demo, but I would much rather have a new Timesplitters.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By FreakAche

Weren't they supposed to be working on Star Wars Battlefront 3 or something?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tsiro said:

Maybe the brilliant minds who made the wonderful Timesplitters games can, well, continue doing brilliant things and add some fun into the Homefront IP? Heck, I still think that the Homefront universe has potential, it just clearly wasn't realized in the first. Depending on how much creative control they have over the direction of this one, it just might turn out all right!

Don't give up, yet!

I'm still hopeful they'll make something of the series. Like drop the Call of Duty/Battlefield hybrid and try a different FPS style... Like Timesplitters!

@RaikohBlade said:

If you're being serious, fuck you. If your just pulling a joke because of the thread title, congrats.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By scarace360

Gotta go where the money is. If you wanna pay 90$ for timesplitters go right ahead i bet if you get 500,000 people willing to pay 90$ you could get it.

Avatar image for thechronodarkness
    thechronodarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasn't a big fan of timesplitters, but none of the games were exactly broken like alot of Homefront was either. Granted, wrong branch of crytek, but I'd be interested in another crysis game already lol. Use the same engine. Try and branch the first two games somehow. Played 2, thought it was fairly amazing. Went back and played 1 on the pc to understand it all, and...it made the entire story of 2 make no sense.

wadtomaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By wadtomaton

@FreakAche said:

Weren't they supposed to be working on Star Wars Battlefront 3 or something?

I think that was before Radical got bought by Crytek. As far as what's been said, I don't think it was ever officially announced (but concept art leaked and that's how it was revealed that something was even in the works). (Wouldn't be surprised if it was a situation similar to Grin and the FF game that was in the works, though hopefully without the lack of payment part :/ )

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Jeffsekai

@AhmadMetallic said:

Fuck crytek. Fuck crysis 2 up the fucking cunt. thank you

Every time you post it's more and more retarded.

Keep it up.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SlightConfuse

what if homefront 2 is timesplitters 4

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14  Edited By carlthenimrod

Just because Homefront was crap doesn't mean Homefront 2 will be crap. If it is crap then whatever they would have made alternatively would have probably been crap as well.

UnrealDP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By UnrealDP

Huh, you know Homefront had some really cool ideas, tons of potential, and a solid multiplayer, but the problem was the developer didn't capitalize on any of that potential. So a more seasoned developer like Crytek taking the reins is a bad thing to you? Just because the previous developer did a bad job doesn't mean that franchise is tainted forever. Oh and also i would rather have a talented developer like Crytek working anything besides Timesplitters, but that's just my opinion.

samfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By samfo

wtf is a sad fart

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17  Edited By Yanngc33

@SamFo said:

wtf is a sad fart

A fart that cries

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By Brendan

@SamFo said:

wtf is a sad fart

This made me laugh.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#19  Edited By Vinny_Says

Homesplitters 2

You've seen ZERO amount of this new game, what says it won't be on the level of timesplitters? Don't come back when Homefront 2 is GOTY buddy.

Absolute_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By Absolute_Zero

I thought Homefront's multiplayer (demo) was fun. And Crysis 2's multiplayer (demo) was fun as well.

So maybe "A + B (will) = (a winning) C(?)"

edit: ()()()()()

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SomeDeliCook

If the guys that made Timesplitters are going to try and make a serious gritty war game, then this is a repeat of Haze

The fucking awesomeness of Timesplitters was somehow made by the guys who made Haze. I still don't get it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SamFo said:

wtf is a sad fart

Inside joke. It originated from someone saying Sad Fart instead of sad face.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vinny_Says said:

Homesplitters 2

You've seen ZERO amount of this new game, what says it won't be on the level of timesplitters? Don't come back when Homefront 2 is GOTY buddy.

I take it you're that guy who defends every game by pulling the "Well it's not out yet so don't judge" crap. Look, I'm not saying the game is going to be bad, but a sequel to a game that plays like 95% of every first person shooter developed by the same people who flopped with HAZE doesn't sound like the rebound those guys need.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.