Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Cuphead

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Sep 29, 2017

A 2D co-op shooter-platformer focused on boss battles. It is known for its unique art style, which imitates the more surreal cartoons of the 1930s.

I lost saved progress in this game twice (Steam version)

avantegardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By avantegardener

More of vent of frustration than anything else. Made it to the second island, game crashed, lost progress. Flew through initial sections up to Hidla fight, game stalled to static load after death, progress gone again..

I don`t think I`ll be playing this again till it`s patched, I know it was windows store issue (whatever brand of wierdo buys his games their, I kid!) but I didnt think it was issue on steam.

Anyone else having this issue, any solutions or things that should be avoided?

TuxedoCruise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Did your game crash while parrying a pink duck on the clown boss?

Seems like a somewhat common issue.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

I haven't lost any progress but I did have a handful of hard locks while playing multiplayer, and my Xbox pads keep rumbling. That sucks, especially given how demanding some of the bosses are.

avantegardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Funny enough, I think it may have something to do with changing steam to offline mode temporarily, which seems to have also corrupted my latest XCOM 2 save (thankfully I was saving early and often on that one).

Gazoinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I'm pretty bummed because I beat the dragon, the candy queen, and a run and gun level and lost all that progress. I'm enjoying the game a lot, but also debating waiting for a patch now.

necronomicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This might have been only a fix for me, but I had the game installed onto my SSD, and it kept crashing after you earn the plane blueprint and it takes to to that "tutorial" where you just fly around the screen. It locked up multiple times in a row so I removed the entire install location, told it to reinstall onto a regular HDD and I've made it past that part and got to world two now. Many fingers crossed you find the cure fellow duders.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The pc version seems a bit iffy. Ive had it not upload save data a few times

Right now it wont even open as it just goes to the yellow screen and its there. reinstall didn't even resolve it.

Never a problem with the Xbox one version thankfully

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

Oh no, I thought the steam version was all good. I'm afraid to check now. I got a good ways into the game.

Hotdog420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hotdog420

Same thing just happened to me, lost a save file with all A+ ranks for world 1 and 2, feels like i just wasted a load of time.

mithhunter55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I just exited the game loaded back up and my save worked again. Ive had it happen a few times.

fatalbanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strange, I'm on the dragon guy and I have had absolutely zero issues.

zorban_zorban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My copy crashed twice at that moment when Hilda's transforming into the crescent. On the third attempt, my save files got corrupted. I know that's just the very beginning of the game but I don't wanna get stuck with the screwed-up saves midway through. Got a refund - prolly gonna buy it for my Xbox One instead, the quality control is usually a bit better on the consoles (well, at least it used to be).

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've only had one odd crash, where my character froze during the plane tutorial, but the music changed to something else and the filters kept moving on the screen. Besides that, nothing, but I'm definitely slighty paranoid over this happening. As much as I'm enjoying playing this, I think I'd either call it quits or keep at least a long break if my save file got corrupted.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.