Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Cuphead

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Sep 29, 2017

A 2D co-op shooter-platformer focused on boss battles. It is known for its unique art style, which imitates the more surreal cartoons of the 1930s.

Remember Cuphead?

tyn0mite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Me neither. Because we haven't heard a thing about it in how long? It seems like we're going to go into 2017 before we hear anything more regarding this game.

I'm getting into the "morbidly curious" phase with this game and getting further away from "excited".

Anyone else feel this way?

uhtaree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By uhtaree

Yes. Sorta. I will live if I never see it again but I think that was the 2014 E3 they had that trailer and it said 1935+80 years = 2015, I think, but now that was almost 82 years ago.

Edit: nevermind it said 2016. Still, haven't hear anything in a couple years.

Edit 2: Their website says Mid-2017. So...

tyty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

As a former animator, I can tell you that doing all that work is not fast nor cheap. I think they got good buzz and opted to take longer instead of getting loads of people on the project. They where at a local indie comic con in Vancouver this year (though it might have just been an animator).

I'd say give them some slack, the kind of animation they are trying for takes a while and has loads of it. To put it in perspective, on a tv show you would be expected to do 20-30 sec a week and on a movie its like 3-5sec.

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Not that I was ever really that interested in this game but it seems like they should have just waited until it was closer to being done. I mean sure if you want to get your game out there early by all means do so but you can't just immediately dry up the well. Because then this happens, a thread where people go "does anyone even remember this game was coming out?"

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually 100% forgot this existed... man...

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By paulmako

Yes, I do remember Cuphead because I remember reading in October that it got delayed into 2017.

We last heard about it about a week before the Nintendo Switch was revealed, which wasn't that long ago. It doesn't seem like long enough ago to start wondering where it is.

Not hearing anything for a couple of months when the game isn't due out until the middle of next year doesn't seem too unusual.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Occasionally. I'm less interested after seeing the generic platforming stuff they're putting in to pad it out.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish they had just released it when it was a boss rush game.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By DharmaBum

Yeah, this game has been in practically every E3 sizzle reel for the past 3 years at this point. Perhaps they showed it off too early, but I can't say I've lost interest in trying it out. According to the dev's last update they're targetting mid-2017 for release.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#10 FinalDasa  Moderator

It was at E3 and they've been adding more and more to it. It's no longer just boss rush and they tacked on coop, so I imagine that added a lot of work.

TehPickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The delay came about due to the devs completely changing the game. It was simply a game built around beating a bunch of boss fights, now (or rather, eventually) it's a full platformer.

I can't say I'm unhappy about that at all, and I certainly haven't forgotten about it.

bemusedchunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

This is the indie side of Duke Nukem Forever.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I kinda stopped caring, especially after all those non too flattering things came out about the actual gameplay.

tyn0mite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess I missed the news that they had actually announced the delay into mid-2017. Shoot!

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was an art style without any actual game around it. In this post-No Man's Sky gaming world, it's best they disappear until they have something of substance.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm actually kind of worried about it now because if I'm not mistaking they're going back and adding platforming levels. Seemed kind of late in the game to change the game that much

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.