Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Cyberpunk 2077

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Dec 10, 2020

An open-world action role-playing game by CD Projekt RED based on the pen and paper RPG Cyberpunk 2020.

Now that Cyberpunk is out and the issues are known, are you going to wait?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Now that Cyberpunk is out and the issues are known, are you going to wait? (186 votes)

No, I've already got the game and am playing it. 34%
    Yes, I am going to wait. 45%
    I don't have it yet, but I'm going to get it ASAP despite the issues. 2%
    I'm not getting the game period. 12%
    I don't know. 6%

No matter what system you're on, a multitude of issues are prevalent it seems so there is no escaping it, unfortunately. Obviously, it can affect users differently be it how many bugs there are, or how much it actually matters to each player. In my case, logically it makes sense to wait because I'd be playing on console, and currently, all I can play on to get the best quality is Xbox One X, which is an imperfect 30fps and what I assume is quite blurry an experience with the resolution it's running at. That doesn't seem like, putting bugs aside, an ideal way to play the game. That said, I have no means of buying the game right now so all I can do is wait. The only possibility of me playing it sooner rather than later is if I get it as a Christmas gift, and if that becomes the case, then I'm not sure how I'll feel when I play it on the XOX. Anyway, how about all of you?

• 
    NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seeing the way things are, I feel like they should have just scrapped last-gen versions and just focused on PC and new-gen systems. I know people wanted to and expected to play them on the PS4 and Xbox One, but seeing how it came out, it's pretty unacceptable as is and I kind of doubt CDPR will focus that much on the last-gen versions, especially base consoles with multiple patches.

Nick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

i'll wait for new console patches.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I do not plan on upgrading my PC within the next year to be able to properly play it, and I will probably get a PlayStation 5 next Christmas so I will get cyberpunk 2077 then, preferably when it's discounted or has some sort of enhanced edition or complete edition with extra DLC and fixes.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Currently playing on PC and I'm rarely seeing bugs now the further into the game I get.

leejunfan83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got it , love it!

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got it on PC and it runs fine, i've encountered more bugs than any game i've ever played before but nothing game breaking so the bugs are more a curiosity than anything, i'm interested to see how the patches affect the game.
    Actually, without sounding too down about it, the bugs have been the most entertaining part of the game so far.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Going to wait for the next gen versions to release and then I'll see how things are at that time. I've got enough of a backlog that I'm not in a rush and if the overall game is of a higher quality at that time then all the better for me.

LilNatureBoyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got the $26 deal on Russian Gog. Used Paypal, was pretty easy. At that price I can enjoy it before the patches. This will be the first DLSS game I've got, so that was another tip on the scale

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Been playing the game since launch on PC, but I totally would have waited if I didn't have my current PC, and I highly recommend that people either get this for the newer consoles or save up for some PC upgrades.

Arjailer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Arjailer

Waiting for the Series X update (and assuming it'll be fixed by then too)

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I've been playing it since launch on PC, although I'm still toying with the idea of shelving it for a later date. Post bug-fixes, when I've got a graphics card that can really show off the city.

Obeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted "I'm going to wait" since I currently don't have a Series X, PS5, nor a computer that can handle it, and the (hopefully to be patched) issues about the bugs and performance on anything below a super beefy PC or current gen consoles is putting me off until I can get it on a really good sale in a year or two assuming it's been patched and/or fan modded to fix it's problems by then.

mackdack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m on PC and it’s running well. I just don’t find it fun.

I’m going to finish the main story though. I’m going to jump to Fenix and maybe Yakuza like a dragon.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No clue, the game is like 30 bux on epic but my gtx 1080 can't even run it at 1080p it looks like. Plus it seems way to dark for me right now, i'd rather just play something fun and light hearted.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No clue, the game is like 30 bux on epic but my gtx 1080 can't even run it at 1080p it looks like. Plus it seems way to dark for me right now, i'd rather just play something fun and light hearted.

Hmmm, I've got a 1080ti, 32 ram, 9700k cpu. And 1080 is what I will play at...

I think I will wait a bit.

Avatar image for deactivated-6321b685abb02
    deactivated-6321b685abb02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got it, played a fair bit and I love it. The bugs have all been minor and not really an issue for me so far. I'm playing on a high end PC and the game looks just phenomenal and performs well.

They really shouldn't have let people think this was a PS4/XB1 gen game & they sure as shit shouldn't have sold it as one but if you have new kit to throw at it, it's really something.

infantpipoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

User Lists: 24

Bought and installed it, but I would definitely wait for a few patches before really play it.

Avatar image for deactivated-63e25d72b6044
    deactivated-63e25d72b6044

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Playing it on high end pc, it looks really good.

Story is great too. I'm focused on main story only.

I got wasteland 3 to finish too and in the middle of pathfinder kingmaker.

I'm old enough to completily skip internet opinions and decide by myself if I like it or not.

Avatar image for lobster_johnson
    lobster_johnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, I'm going to wait. I was always going to wait. To play a game on launch these days is almost always to contend with some sort of technical problems, and this one had 'not really finished' written all over it. It will be better next year, and it will be cheaper.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

I have over 25 hours in the game so far on PC, and have barely encountered any bugs. There's been a few animation hiccups here and there as well as some stuff like objects floating in mid air, but nothing game breaking or related to quest progression. The game crashed once when I tried to reload a save after dying.

I am also getting pretty good performance, averaging about mid 50s and being over 60 often with everything maxed utilizing DLSS at 4K. Granted I am on a brand new, expensive PC build with a 3080, but I have not had a buggy or poorly performing experience at all.

Not sure if the launch day patch cleaned things up a ton compared to what reviewers experienced or if I have just been very lucky, but I am having a very positive experience with the game both technically and gameplay/story wise. Really enjoying it.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Despite its issues, I am still excited to jump into it and experience that world (I hope I am getting it for Christmas...) They've just put out a 1.4 patch, which seems to have changed some stuff up. It'll be interesting to see how fast things turn around.

Deathstriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Deathstriker

I've been playing it on PC for hours with no issues. I have a good system, but nothing crazy. The frames should be higher for me, but I've seen more bugs in Bethesda and Ubisoft open world games. I wouldn't get it on last gen consoles.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

I'm really enjoying playing it on the Series X. About 10 hours in so far, but I've mostly been doing side quests. A part of the reason why I've been so focused on side quests is that I'm thinking of pausing my play-through soon to focus on other games an to wait for a few more patches.

I've had quite a few bugs that prevented me from progressing, regular hitching and the broken HDR really irritates me. It'd be nice to know if the Series X/PS5 update will arrive in January/February or later on in the year so that I could decide if I want to wait or not.

tdous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm waiting. I'm glad for the people who are getting through it, and the people who find more bugs than any game they've ever played but are OK with that. But I don't feel like rewarding that with money.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

@tdous: I wouldn't say that this is the buggiest game I've ever played, but it sure is plenty buggy. For example yesterday I had a good 3 hour session where I didn't encounter any bugs whatsoever. The latest patch seems to have fixed a lot of stuff but there is plenty of work left.

Twiggy199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm gunna wait for the PS5 version, then wait some more, then I might get it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.