Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Cyberpunk 2077

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Dec 10, 2020

An open-world action role-playing game by CD Projekt RED based on the pen and paper RPG Cyberpunk 2020.

This could be amazing

• 58 results
    mrbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

#51  Edited By mrbubbles

as a huge cyberpunk and CDPR fan i am super excited. there need to be more cyberpunk games!

Elwoodan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By Elwoodan

I hope they invest time in the "cyber" part of cyberpunk; William Gibson is one of my favorite authors and I'm always sad to see a "cyberpunk" setting with little to no focus on dudes plugging themselves into computers and breakin' some ICE. the woman in the trailer reminds me of a razor girl though, so I'm hopeful.

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By John1912

I have a feeling that Cyberpunk will be the new post apocalypse barren wasteland setting. Almost surprised it hasnt popped up more after Deus Ex. If CD makes a buzz with this I think we may see a lot more games come out of the wood work.

This game has some really amazing trailers. I hope they can live up to the bar they are setting. I loved the Witcher 2 but overall the quests and fullness of the world felt a bit rushed past the first act. It would be nice to see them really nail it with this game.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By probablytuna

Man, I don't even know how it plays yet and I'm already psyched. Cyberpunk + CD Projekt is enough to excite me.

squidraid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By squidraid

Marry me for linking that song to this thread, Guy.

I'm also all hot and bothered for this game.

Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#56  Edited By Tesla

The mix of pedigree and setting make this an exciting prospect.

With the internet at large wary of the future of Mass Effect, CDPR has an excellent chance to come in and drink some of that milkshake. Even more likely considering they seem to be in their prime, and people like me who are familiar with The Witcher series know you can put some amount of trust in what they are saying without having to see the game in action. Also, Blade Runner.

I hope they hit a home run with this one.

Exilarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Exilarius

Can't wait untill 2015 :D

nerdsbeware

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#58  Edited By nerdsbeware

@Elwoodan said:

I hope they invest time in the "cyber" part of cyberpunk; William Gibson is one of my favorite authors and I'm always sad to see a "cyberpunk" setting with little to no focus on dudes plugging themselves into computers and breakin' some ICE. the woman in the trailer reminds me of a razor girl though, so I'm hopeful.

If they are sticking to the original incarnations of the pen and paper version, then yea there should be a bunch of good stuff to come. A big part of the game was cyber enhancements to whatever and where ever you wanted it (Mr. Studd anyone?) But yea, depending on how classes work if there are any, look no further than a Netrunner. Even still I hope they give you the option to still go in a path of a Rockerboy or Media for the hell of it.

Having played the pen and paper version of CP2020 for quite some time now, and tearing up Witcher 2, I can say I am really goddamn hyped for this game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.