Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dan Ryckert

Person » credited in 4 games

Senior Editor at Giant Bomb from 2014 to 2020. Formerly of Game Informer. Author, Guinness World Record holder, lifelong wrestling mark, and failed musician. After a brief stint as Podcast Producer at WWE Ryckert returned to help guide the next generation of Giant Bomb.

Bombcast Dan Story Made People Pull Over?

TinyMothra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I was watching something on the site (UPF?) and they mentioned that Dan told a story on the Bombcast and some listeners claimed to pull over out of necessity. What Bombcast is this is what was the story? If I remember correctly they were talking about pain stories so I figured it was just one of Dan's that made certain people cringe and had to stop driving while listening.

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

I think it was the one where the baseball hit the guy and ruptured his testicles.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Personally, mine was the drunken tornado story.

Zefpunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It didn't rupture them. His cup, which was of course supposed to protect his balls, pinned one and...cut it completely in half. This made people want to vomit, lightheaded, and dizzy. And rightfully so.

foghorn6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 33

Which Bombcast was this? I don't remember this at all.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

It was the one where Dan accidentally sent someone to the hospital because he did something stupid. He said he felt bad about it. I don't remember which Bombcast it was; it was awhile ago now.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@csl316 said:

Personally, mine was the drunken tornado story.

How did that one go again? Because the only serious one that comes to mind was the nut rupture story

poobumbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

For anyone still wondering, this was the 11/11 podcast of this year. Also, I wasn't driving, but had to stop playing Assassin's Creed 4 to collect myself. Truly, the test of a real story.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ShaggE

@mason20 said:

please get a spine and grow up.

Likewise to those that think people are somehow inferior for having stronger reactions to that sort of thing. What a ludicrous reason to be a dick to people.

Avatar image for rednorthernwind
    RedNorthernWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

I think there referring to this

Camelizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@colourful_hippie: Just click the yellow/gold Star War Tornado box to jump to that story. Starts at about 11 mins in.

Loading Video...

fogh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe it was the one where he told about putting a glass framed picture down the back of his pants, walking around with it and then sitting down and cutting his ass.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@colourful_hippie: Mine was more about laughing uncontrollably. Something about getting home with the intent of watching some movies, and walking outside drunk in the morning to the end of the god damn world.

mason20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shagge: Yep, you got me. I made a comment to express my "Superiority" among the masses and I did not mention that I may sound like an ass for Expressing My Opinion. I solely meant to be a Dick. Yep, just a dick who's not allowed to have a differing opinion.... Yeah, thanks for taking my comment out of context and being "ludicrously hurt".

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I laughed really hard at the baseball cup story and then feel bad for laughing.

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#19  Edited By s-a-n-JR

Apparently Dan Ryckert is a driving hazard.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ShaggE

@mason20 said:

@shagge: Yep, you got me. I made a comment to express my "Superiority" among the masses and I did not mention that I may sound like an ass for Expressing My Opinion. I solely meant to be a Dick. Yep, just a dick who's not allowed to have a differing opinion.... Yeah, thanks for taking my comment out of context and being "ludicrously hurt".

You realized you sounded like an ass, yet you went for it anyway. Hmmm. There's a difference between "having a differing opinion" and talking down to everyone who doesn't share yours. (for the record, an involuntary reaction isn't the same thing as an opinion)

Also, what context? What context makes your comment not dickish? And since when am I hurt? Your comment didn't apply to me. I just found it bizarrely judgmental.

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mason20 said:

I must have missed the context too then. If you already have to write "I'll sound like an ass" then you'll probably get some comments about your opinion. You are free to express it of course but other people are free to say that you're a dick for no reason (which I agree with in this case). Just like the posts that start with "I don't want to offend". I'm not bothered by those stories either but some people react more strongly to that stuff and it really has nothing to do with getting a spine and growing up.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you thought a testicle cut in half was bad (which can be salvaged in most cases), never look up torsio testis.

SpicyRichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SpicyRichter

@sanj: Putting Dan in charge of a 2 ton killing machine puts shivers down my spine. It's good he takes the bus now

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Was it when he asked what a morgage was? That made me sick to my stomach...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.