Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dan Ryckert

Person » credited in 4 games

Senior Editor at Giant Bomb from 2014 to 2020. Formerly of Game Informer. Author, Guinness World Record holder, lifelong wrestling mark, and failed musician. After a brief stint as Podcast Producer at WWE Ryckert returned to help guide the next generation of Giant Bomb.

Dan Ryckert on the 10% Happier podcast.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

thatbendorf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I use Pocket Casts on my Android phone, and it is available there!

Hope this helps.

wheresatom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Could someone give me a quick overview of what the podcast is about?

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
    deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Cool! While I personally don't believe in the power of meditation (at least not to the extent Dan and Dan does), this is a real interesting listen.

fetterdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Dan Rickert!

mrroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grithor: Don't personally practice it myself, but know that numerous studies have shown brain changes via MRI after consistent meditation. Is there a particular claim that you don't find compelling?

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrroach: I should state that my scepticism on meditation is almost fully emotionally founded, based on personal experience of having several close relatives getting really into meditation and spending money on these private spiritual resorts (all run by wealthy businessmen who act eerily close to cult leaders), and also trying to push those practices on me. I own several meditational magazines and CD's because of this.

I probably shouldn't have commented about it in the first place because of my bias, but I had a knee-jerk sort of reaction.

Regarding the studies, I don't know much about them, only that there is a divisiveness between scientists on the real effects of meditation. However that may generally be in favor of meditation?

mrroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grithor: I can understand that feeling. Being woo-adjacent can certainly make something look suspect :-). I remember being quite skeptical of the nearly-magical properties being ascribed to fish oil some years ago.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrroach: Sure. I mean I am all for scientific confirmation. If science in large is behind the supposed powerful qualities of meditation, I am all for it.

And to clarify, I understand the importance of there being a distinction drawn between meditation and people willing to use it as a means to get money and power (referring to these bullshit resorts).

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#14  Edited By Castiel

Fuck, I just saw that the first guest was Dalai Lama.

You literally can't get further apart spiritually and mentally than Dan Ryckert and Dalai Lama.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#15  Edited By liquiddragon

It's a good listen and only an hour. I don't understand why Dan dumbs himself down so much at GB. I mean it can be funny but I feel like the site leans on being dummmmb at bit much. I really like when I hear them not playing it up for the camera so hard. It's refreshing to hear Jeff pretty much talking straight on Danswers for example.

Delerat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@liquiddragon:
    Necro'd, but I feel like Dan is smart enough to plan this as a long game. Dropping his shtick could lose him fans. Showing himself evolve and try new things (e.j. eating mayo), could be a slower transition to showing what it's like to grow and not just flip flop who you are.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.