Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dan Ryckert

Person » credited in 4 games

Senior Editor at Giant Bomb from 2014 to 2020. Formerly of Game Informer. Author, Guinness World Record holder, lifelong wrestling mark, and failed musician. After a brief stint as Podcast Producer at WWE Ryckert returned to help guide the next generation of Giant Bomb.

I like Dan

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MaC122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MaC122

Guys......

he's not here to replace Ryan or Vinny. It's gonna be ok. I like him. He knows games and he does a great job. Good job Jeff

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Dan is cool.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I think most people do, and no one thinks he's here to replace Vinny or Ryan (though, let's be real, from a personnel standpoint that's absolutely why he was hired).

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Ok.

JordanaRama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm with you. I'm totally team Dan.

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think most people do, and no one thinks he's here to replace Vinny or Ryan (though, let's be real, from a personnel standpoint that's absolutely why he was hired).

Considering he doesn't do video editing or host the podcast, I'd be inclined to say you're in the wrong.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ll_exile_ll said:

Considering he doesn't do video editing or host the podcast, I'd be inclined to say you're in the wrong.

Look, Giant Bomb SF lost a video guy (Vinny) and an editor (Ryan). They then hired a video guy (Jason) and an editor (Dan). I'm not saying it to be cold, but they were under staffed in two areas and they then filled those areas with outside hires.

MaC122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ll_exile_ll: youre right. there was something about vinny that made the podcast funny. I remember laughing at the videos that Ryan put out and I only joined within the last 2 years. Im sticking with this and I still like Dan.

JBG4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

He was my favorite personality at Game Informer by far and I think he fits in perfectly with the style here at GB... it's a great match.

TriBeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really miss Vinny on the podcast/in my life. I hope they get some stuff going on over there soon.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Oldirtybearon

I'm pretty sure OP is a time traveler who has been hurled forward in time by two months. You know, back when people were still sore about Dan getting hired.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

@oldirtybearon said:

I'm pretty sure OP is a time traveler who has been hurled forward in time by two months. You know, back when people were still sore about Dan getting hired.

Even then, I never got the sense anyone perceived Dan as the problem, only that the status quo was being maintained. I remember a lot pf "Dan seems great and I wish him and Jason the best, but..." type comments.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ll_exile_ll said:

@oldirtybearon said:

Even then, I never got the sense anyone perceived Dan as the problem, only that the status quo was being maintained. I remember a lot pf "Dan seems great and I wish him and Jason the best, but..." type comments.

Those were the reasonable people posting on the GB forums. The rest of the Internet (uh, Twitter specifically) were not so kind.

ddensel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

The more Dan the better as far as I'm concerned. I alway enjoy what he has to say on a Quick Look.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.