Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party 2 features the exact same gameplay that any other Dance Dance Revolution Game feaures: stepping on arrows located on a Dance Mat
to the beat of music to achieve a high combo. The game also features hand movements which are realized with the Wiimote
and Nunchuck attatchement, a system introduced in Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party
Differences to DDR: Hottest Party
- The game features a completley new soundtrack (see below), which contains songs from the last four decades.
- More Wiimote and Nunchuck support
- Four Player multiplayer (as opposed to two player only)
- Mii support was added to the game. This way the character can use their own customized avatar as a dancer isntead of premade dancers.
- New characters which move more realistically.
- New stages and enviroment with more visual effects have been added.
- New Dance Modes and competition modes such as "Dance n' Defend".
- Black or White - Prince Royal
- Bust A Move - Young MC (Includes Promotional Music Video Background!)
- Come Rain Come Shine - Jenn Cuneta
- D.A.N.C.E. - Justice
- Makes Me Wonder - Sunshine Superman
- Nite Runner - FRAZ
- Red Alert - Basement Jaxx (Includes Promotional Music Video Background!)
- Scramble - System 7
- Tribulations - LCD Soundsystem
- Umbrella - Haley Hunt
- We Got The Beat - Pop n' Fresh
- Lesson by DJ - U.T.D. & Friends
- Lesson2 by DJ - MC DDR
- Closer to my Heart (jun remix) - NM feat. Heather Elmer
- Desert Journey - dj TAKA
- escape - U1 & Krystal B
- INTO YOUR HEART ("Roughage" remix) - NAOKI feat. YASMINE
- KYOKA-SUIGETSU-ROW (DDR EDITION) - TERRA feat. Uchusentai NOIZ
- JUST BELIEVE - Lea Drop feat. Marissa Ship
- Racing with Time (NAOKI'S 999 remix) - jun feat. Heather Twede
- STAY (Joey Riot remix) - DANNY D