Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Danganronpa

Franchise »

Danganronpa is a franchise with three installments so far, as well as manga, novels and an anime. The games combine a visual novel storyline with murder mystery detective work and courtroom segments based on rhythm games.

WWE x Danganronpa: "Danganwrestling"

Seroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By Seroth
    No Caption Provided

With all this talk of Danganronpa in the Game of the Year deliberations, I've decided it's finally time to share my latest dumb fan creation with the Giant Bomb community (you might previously know me as the weird guy who made those Deadly Premonition playing cards and turned Drew into an alpaca).

So, 6 months ago, I started this small little project called "Danganwrestling." It was born out of a desire to make a silly Danganronpa-themed story with the WWE 2K14 Story Designer, not unlike classic tales such as "Time Rock" and "Ghost Problems."

The premise of the story was rather simple: Monokuma takes over the WWE, brings over some characters from Danganronpa, and forces them to play a new killing game with the WWE Superstars.

But, holy crap, I got a little bit ambitious and things got crazy.

I just finished the final episode a few days ago, and the project has evolved far beyond what I had originally intended. By episode 4, I was frustrated by the limitations of the WWE 2K14 Story Designer and I went out and made it into a freakin' visual novel (in video form, of course). In episode 5, I recreated the trial system from Danganronpa, including Non-Stop Debates and an execution sequence (oh, and a little Phoenix Wright thrown in there, too). This is why it took 6 months! Hopefully it's unlike any video game wrestling story you've ever seen before.

I'll summarize a few plot points to hopefully pique your interest:

Here's a few screenshots from the series:

So, yeah...if you're a fan of Danganronpa, wrestling, or want to learn about either, please check out Danganwrestling. Be warned, though, as the series features major spoilers for Danganronpa 1. If you're questioning why this thing exists in the first place...blame Alex for starting the Powerbombcast and getting me to watch wrestling again.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I am a fan of this.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'd like to think somewhere WWE creative is rattling gold out on 2k14. Or Vince Russo.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Corevi
    @dudeglove said:

can anyone tell me what danganropa is

It's a visual novel about 15 teenagers that are trapped in a high school run by an evil robot bear and to "graduate" they have to kill one of their classmates and not get caught. It's similar to the Phoenix Wright games in that you have to go around collecting clues so that you can figure out who the culprit is and bring them to trial.

I highly recommend reading it. There's a fan translation for the PSP version of the first game and there's an official translation of both games for the Vita.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.