Dangerous Dave is a 1988 platformer by John Romero for PC and Apple II. Players must collect the trophy on each of the ten levels in order to progress to the next level.
- Gun - Ammo is infinite, but players must wait until the bullet is out of the screen before shooting again.
- Jetpack - used to fly over long distances; has a finite amount of fuel.
- Purple ball- Gives 50 points.
- Blue gem - Gives 100 points.
- Red gem - Gives 150 points.
- Ring - Gives 200 points.
- Crown - Gives 300 points.
- Wand - Gives 500 points.
- Trophy - The key to the exit door.
- Door - Used to finish the level.
Players will get an extra life for every 10,000 Points earned.
- Spider - The very first enemy players will encounter, usually moves in circles and shoots one bullet at the time.
- Red orb- A fast-moving orb that can instantly kill Dave.
- Blue orb - A fast-moving orb that can instantly kill Dave.
- Pipe - Entrance to new level.
- Water - Dave cannot swim and thus water will kill him.
- Fire - Will instantly kill Dave.
- Purple roots - Roots that kill Dave.
- Stars - Can be climbed.
- Tree - Can be climbed.