Darius Burst: Chronicle Saviours is a sci-fi shoot 'em up developed by Pyramid for PC and PlayStation platforms. It contains a port of the arcade game Darius Burst: Another Chronicle EX -- which in itself was an updated and expanded version of Darius Burst for the PSP -- in addition to a large amount of new content created specifically for the home version.
Like all games in the franchise, Darius Burst: Chronicle Saviours is a horizontally-oriented shoot-'em-up. The player ship travels from left to right, shooting through hordes of enemies, collecting power-ups, and fighting gigantic aquatic-themed bosses.
The "AC Mode" of Darius Burst: Chronicle Saviours includes an ultra-wide playfield, due to the fact that the arcade release of Another Chronicle featured a very large 32:9 ultra-widescreen display. While the gameplay area is letterboxed on PS4 and Vita to compensate, the PC release also includes support for a true 32:9 dual-monitor mode by using two 16:9 displays.
Branching stage routes -- another Darius series staple -- also make their return, allowing new stages to be experienced every time you play the game.
The PS4 and PC versions include support for four-player local multiplayer.
- AC Mode: A collection of modes based on the arcade version of Darius Burst: Another Chronicle EX.
- Original: Choose three stages to play via a branching stage select system, with 12 stages in total, labeled with the letters A through L.
- Original EX: Similar to Original, but with a different, harder set of stages, labeled with the letters O through Z.
- Chronicle Mode: A network-based mode where groups of players work together asynchronously to collectively clear over 3000 stages in total.
- CS Mode: Exclusive to the home version. Features over 200 stages in total that are gradually unlocked through play, including new ships and bosses.