Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls II

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Blood, souls, and tears are continually spent as players traverse the land of Drangleic in FromSoftware's third entry in the Souls series.

Changes with Latest Patch?

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By The_Ruiner

Recently my Dark Souls 2 on 360 was updated. I'm not sure if there is any documentation or patch notes, but it feels like a couple of things have been tweaked. Mind you I could be imagining all of this...

-More forgiving weapon durability

-More invincibility frames during rolls

-Invincibility frames during back stab animation

Again, I could be completely off base here. Has anyone else noticed this?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@the_ruiner:

Patch notes.....

• Successful Online coop with white / small sigh stone will now revive you back to human

• Bug where entrance door to Drangleic Castle did not open has been fixed

• failing to create multiplayer session no longer disables use of online items such as white soap stone

• starting boss fight with Mirror Knight while summoning coop player no longer fails / cancel summoning process

• death match error at the undead purgatory has been fixed

• you will no longer be able to take off Covenant related rings while being summoned

• bug which dropped items were not be able to picked up again due to the 'inventory is full ' message has been fixed

• dialog will now pop up when you enter the coffin at the Things Betwixt

• fixed bug where at certain areas blood stains, illusions and messages were not displayed

• bug which location of object and item were reset has been fixed

• display response time at character making has been improved

• bug where angle of the tattoo chosen at the character making screen did not display correctly has been fixed

• response time of start menu / bonfire menu has been improved

• certain items not being available at the shops in NG+ and later has been fixed

• summoned players no longer fall under the ground at Earthen Peak

• bug which caused souls to be lost while equipping life protection ring has been fixed

• bug which caused face icon displayed at the summon sign to be of different player has been fixed

• Trophy icon for the Guardian of Fort(?) fixed

• Controller now vibrate when guarding

• equip menu info on dark magic has been fixed

• bug which caused player to fall through elevator while using binoculars and casting spell has been fixed

thebatmobile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By thebatmobile

Someone translated the patch notes here: http://www.reddit.com/r/DarkSouls2/comments/21kuq4/new_update_103_announced/

Patch notes.....

• Successful Online coop with white / small sigh stone will now revive you back to human

• Bug where entrance door to Drangleic Castle did not open has been fixed

• failing to create multiplayer session no longer disables use of online items such as white soap stone

• starting boss fight with Mirror Knight while summoning coop player no longer fails / cancel summoning process

• death match error at the undead purgatory has been fixed

• you will no longer be able to take off Covenant related rings while being summoned

• bug which dropped items were not be able to picked up again due to the 'inventory is full ' message has been fixed

• dialog will now pop up when you enter the coffin at the Things Betwixt

• fixed bug where at certain areas blood stains, illusions and messages were not displayed

• bug which location of object and item were reset has been fixed

• display response time at character making has been improved

• bug where angle of the tattoo chosen at the character making screen did not display correctly has been fixed

• response time of start menu / bonfire menu has been improved

• certain items not being available at the shops in NG+ and later has been fixed

• summoned players no longer fall under the ground at Earthen Peak

• bug which caused souls to be lost while equipping life protection ring has been fixed

• bug which caused face icon displayed at the summon sign to be of different player has been fixed

• Trophy icon for the Guardian of Fort(?) fixed

• Controller now vibrate when guarding

• equip menu info on dark magic has been fixed

• bug which caused player to fall through elevator while using binoculars and casting spell has been fixed

Edit: Demoskinos beat me to it. Oh well!

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By strainedeyes

I'm glad they made the successful summon = humanity restored bug into a permanent feature.

I wonder what the sex change coffin dialog box says.

ObiKwiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

"-Successful Online coop with white / small sigh stone will now revive you back to human"

Didn't it already do this?

"-bug which caused souls to be lost while equipping life protection ring has been fixed"

Holy shit that's horrible!

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@obikwiet said:

"-Successful Online coop with white / small sigh stone will now revive you back to human"

Occasionally. They stated it was a bug.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@obikwiet said:

Occasionally. They stated it was a bug.

Thank God because I thought they just made it extremely convoluted on purpose. I think I got revived back to human more often when I failed during co-op than if we succeeded. In fact out of the dozens of times I helped people in boss fights I don't think I EVER revived to human. It always somehow happened when I died or if the host backed out or something.

Also now that they mention it - did the control vibrate when guarding? I can't remember..

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#8  Edited By Yummylee

For some reason the patch appears to have not gone up on the PS3 yet.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

@yummylee: I'm pretty sure this is the patch that the PS3 got last week. The Xbox still didn't have it.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

@yummylee: I'm pretty sure this is the patch that the PS3 got last week. The Xbox still didn't have it.

Well if that's the case it doesn't work, because I've definitely cooped bosses since then as a summon and not get revived.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I was getting the disabled soapstone bug the other day too, so I hope that wasn't the patch.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These patch notes were just announced a few days ago, I don't think they've said a release date yet.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uh also I have been able to backstab without being "hit out of it" for some time now, like since launch day... Are we sure PS3 got this patch and this stuff wasn't just left out of 360 for some reason?

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@karkarov: Yep backstabs have very heavy damage reduction frames for much of the animation, the difference is that they become vulnerable before and after the animation; this has likely been part of the game for at least several months.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.