Follow

Dark Souls II

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Blood, souls, and tears are continually spent as players traverse the land of Drangleic in FromSoftware's third entry in the Souls series.

How Are You Progressing?

• 142 results
    EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By EthanielRain

Just like to hear how you've been playing, where you're at, what you thought was cool/hard/whatever.

I went a STR build, added in Faith for a more paladin-type just because I've never used any Miracle stuff in previous games. The lightning bolt looks fucking awesome, and is two-shotting any enemy I'm currently seeing. Otherwise it seems kind of worthless...the heals aren't really needed and I have plenty of Homeward Bones/poison cure items.

I'll probably respect out of Miracles and just go all out melee. Seems like any phantom I summon that's good is 2-handing like a boss.

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And I think the Iron Keep (Castle?) area has been my favorite so far. Cool envrionment, fun and challenging enemies. Game is so good and just keeps getting better.

bongchilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still at the forest of Giants(?) and got to the Demons Souls looking area where that dude flies does on a bird. He owned me pretty hard and I have not had a chance to play since.

Side note, it's kind of crazy how there are barely any Titanfall threads made but every other thread is a DS2 one. Must be the Giantbomb community prefers Dark Souls over Titanfall.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By Wemibelle

Just finished. Ended up going on a bit longer than I expected, almost to the point of ridiculousness. I also managed to avoid needing to look up anything even though I got stuck for over an hour two separate times. I do think they could have done a better job pointing you where to go but maybe that was just my stupidity? On the whole, I found the difficulty a lot spikier. There were long stretches of time where I made it through without dying and one-shotting bosses, and then suddenly a seriously ROUGH section would shut me down for a good chunk of time.

For those who are wondering, I played a fairly tanky character and used a fully upgraded Bastard Sword for most of the game. Occasionally, I took off the armor so I could roll (when I needed to for a fast boss or two), but most of my time was spent blocking and retaliating, All in all, I think I ended up enjoying it a bit more than the original. I'm a bit bummed that the areas are much more separate, and not as interlocked, as they were in DS1, but I think the game is much stronger as a whole. Now I will take it back to GS and wait for the PC version to play it again. :)

EDIT: Forgot to mention I played offline the entire time, because I felt those messages were too spoilery (pointing out little walkways I might have otherwise missed).

Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
    deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm currently in the Lost Bastille, this place has some crazy encounters, especially the gangbuster of knights leading to the boss.

Right now I look like a Strength build, but that's because early on I wanted to be sure to get a good set of armor on and a good shield. A Mace also seems to really help early on, so having some STR helped me out. My focus from here on is Dexterity. My plan is an armored dual-wield dex build, but we'll see how that plays out. I've actually found it to be quite potent, but also very, very risky... which is kind of up my alley.

I'm having a lot of fun being summoned in to help with the bosses, and as such I've summoned for every boss thus far. I know some purists will scoff at that idea, but I've seen enough up until now in the game to realize that the game itself isn't going to hold back any punches, so I'll take all the help I can get. =D

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I got to the Belfry Gargoyles, got a bit stuck, did a lot of PvP, upgraded my weapons and unpetrified the Pyromancy lady that was holding a switch. Currently in Shaded Forest, VERY tempted to venture into the deep fog.

Really happy with my Strength build so far!

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I'm 11 hours in and enjoyed it, but I think I had my fill. First Souls experience, but after watching Vinny finish DS and Brad finish other DS... I think I'm good for the foreseeable future.

Or maybe I just can't commit to 40 hour games anymore.

AltonBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Love it. Just killed the Old Iron King and the Rat King Vanguard.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MEATBALL

My copy didn't arrive until yesterday, I've put in about 4 and a half hours since then, I'm still in the area Brad was in during the quick look and haven't done a whole bunch in there (just got killed by that boss that was dropped off by the eagle). I'm a huge Dark Souls newbie (I only got about as far as ringing the first bell in the first game) so I've died a whole bunch, I've been really enjoying my time with it though. That core Dark Souls combat and progress loop is pretty damn satisfying.

VeggiesBro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By VeggiesBro

I'm probably about 3/4 of the way done now. Hitting some of the areas I missed earlier in the game. I really want to be playing a tanky build, and I guess I sort of am, but I find myself using medium armour quite a bit and therefore also dodging. It is really satisfying to hit stuff with the great sword especially at +10. The great club is also satisfying, but is only +8 at the moment.

Anyways, amazing game.

UnInvincible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a heavyish melee and pyromancy character that's pretty close to the end of the game. I kinda got burned out on that character tonight and had been itching to start a new character. I made a cleric and am kinda steamrolling through the beginning of the game. I've defeated the Dragonrider and Old Dragonslayer already, and I just killed the Pursuer during that first optional encounter right by the shortcut to the cardinal tower bonfire, which was fucking awesome feeling. You don't get anything different for defeating him though, just his soul and the ring of blades like in the boss fight. The Lightning Spear is fucking amazing, made the fight easy as pie.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

I'm a pure melee build (all in on strength and dexterity) and am closing in on the end of the game (just got the King's Seal). Got a good balance going between being well-armored and agile. Got around 50 points of poise and can easily roll out of the way of attacks. It's awesome. Haven't run into any trouble so far, save for the usual stretches of being killed by the same boss over and over for a while. Nothing my build hasn't been able to handle, though.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By Seikenfreak

About 50 hours in and at level 97.

Been going sword and board through the game so far. I will say a minor complaint I have in every Souls game is that you find some god like armor/weapon early in the game and then nothing is better still 30 hours later. And I haven't even upgraded any of the gear.

Started with the broadsword and shield combo for a bit and then found said stuff so have been rocking greatsword/greatshield combo for a long time now. I've recently dumped a bunch of levels into Attunement and Faith to go for a more Paladin-ish build. Another sort of complaint with this is that you still have to use a different weapon/catalyst to cast magic. I got excited when I found a shield that would let you cast miracles and hexes but its just a tiny weak shield.

Finished the Black Gulch and Brightstone Cove paths. Now I need to go and continue through the Iron Keep area next I suppose. I haven't even gone into Sinner's Rise yet. I still have the stupid Belfry Luna gargoyles.. figure I need to build a magic weapon to deal with that. Or I'll try summoning people. I've been writing notes down trying to keep track of all the things I need to go back to various zones for.

SO MUCH STUFF. Loving the game. Wish From Software would change a few things though.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My 'main' is bogged down with his Dex focused build because I wanted to use 2 swords but can't find good ones to use/upgrade. I want the katanas or even the Dex twinblade but they are out of my reach it would seem (SL 79ish)

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By Oldirtybearon

I've finished the game. Completion time was 47:05:00, and I have to say it was a blast. Funny thing; I completely missed the second half of Forest of the Fallen Giants (for some reason I never saw the ladder going down at the tower bonfire) so I wound up tackling the Tower of Flame and Huntsman's Copse far earlier than I should have. I completed those areas plus Harvest Valley, Earthen Peak, No Man's Wharf and the Lost Bastille before I ventured back to Forest of Fallen Giants. My rationale was that I had to have missed something, and boy did I.

I rolled a STR focused Knight. Medium Armor (Faraam Armor set was the best) for the hot rolls, Tower of Sunlight greatshield (which I switched out on occasion, but always found myself coming back to it), and for the majority of the game I used the Greatsword/Dragon Slayer found in No-Man's Wharf. Upgrading that bad boy up to +10 had me facerolling bosses all the way until the end. Even gave it a Raw Infusion so I could still use some Aromatic Ooze or Pine Resin if I was feeling sassy.

The only boss I actually summoned help on was the Three Sentinels. Those things are absolute dicks if you can't kill them quickly enough. They're like a mix of Ornstein & Smough and the Four Kings. Hated that fight. Absolutely hated it.

All in all it was a worthy sequel. Now I patiently wait for the lore videos and discussions to start so someone can tell me what exactly was going on. I think I figured out a good chunk of it, but there are still questions. Profound questions.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jkz

Getting pretty deep in. I'm in Drangleic Castle about 30ish hours in. Got bogged down in the Iron Keep fighting the Smelter Demon for 5ish hours before I figured out how to skip him, but outside of that I've yet to find myself stuck, either with my build, or with places to go / objectives to complete. Been playing a strength / endurance heavy knight build (with fairly low vigor comparatively) and I've been rolling with a bastard sword since I found it (now a +10 fire bastard sword, though I may convert to raw if I find the need for some enchants).

Overall I've been loving it. The structure feels like it marries the constant variation and forward momentum of Demon's Souls's hub structure with the connected feeling of DaS1. It's lost a good deal of the cohesion and awesome overlapping of Dark Souls 1, but I think it's worth it for the increased amount of environmental variety (especially later on in the game where the environments just seem to keep getting cooler). The difficulty curve has felt pretty good to me outside of the aforementioned Smelter Demon; definitely finding myself hitting way less random bumps like I did in DeS and DaS1, but that could just be because I've far more experience with Souls games now.

Either way though, it's great. They changed enough that it feels fresh and like I've tons to figure out (I've been going through the game blind for the most part), while managing to hold onto most everything I love about the series. Some changes took some getting used to (especially the changes to the core animations and the addition of adaptability), but I'd consider that a positive thing, since it forced me out of my comfort zone at least a bit, which is saying a lot given how much time I've spent with these games.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By pause422

Haven't had a lot of time to play so far, only about four hours in give or take a bit. I got 4 bosses down so far in that time though, fairly happy with that. Giant, Dragonrider, Ornstein and Pursuer, nearly got Pursuer when I ran into him the first try but he knocked me off the area so he left :(

sub_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By sub_o

Got it yesterday, I've felled the following:

• Last Giant at Forest of Giants
    • Pursuer at Forest of Giants
    • Flexile Sentry at No Man's Wharf
    • Ruin Sentinels at Lost Bastille
    • Dragonrider at Heide's Tower.

I gotta say that, I had problems with some of the bosses above until I started using effigies. Not only you can summon online players, but also helpful NPCs.

It takes a while to learn that it's quite different from Dark Souls in terms of how character handling. I also dislike the low weapon durability.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My 'main' is bogged down with his Dex focused build because I wanted to use 2 swords but can't find good ones to use/upgrade. I want the katanas or even the Dex twinblade but they are out of my reach it would seem (SL 79ish)

The Twinblade is in Bastille. You should have access to it well before SL 79.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sub_o said:

Got it yesterday, I've felled the following:

• Last Giant at Forest of Giants
    • Pursuer at Forest of Giants
    • Flexile Sentry at No Man's Wharf
    • Ruin Sentinels at Lost Bastille
    • Dragonrider at Heide's Tower.

I gotta say that, I had problems with some of the bosses above until I started using effigies. Not only you can summon online players, but also helpful NPCs.

It takes a while to learn that it's quite different from Dark Souls in terms of how character handling. I also dislike the low weapon durability.

Being able to summon TWO players for a boss...man. I won't lie, I've abused the hell out of that. Made Sinner and the Sentinel Trio a joke honestly. I don't feel guilty about it either. This game tries to troll me so I troll it back. <3

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Played about 18 hours since it released on Friday at midnight. Level 83 and have unlocked all areas, but not all bonfires in each area. I don't think this game is as good as Dark Souls and really feel like the constant teleporting destroys any sense of consistent world the game may have had otherwise. I went magic because I figured I'm only gonna play this once on PS3 and then wait for PC; now I'm not even sure I'll play on PC. As with Dark Souls, I don't understand or care about any of the covenants or the lore. I don't think the bosses have been great so far and the frame rate on the PS3 is pitiful. Just my quick thoughts. I'm still enjoying it, just nowhere near as much as I anticipated.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

Not well. Admittedly I haven't had a whole lot of time to play, but I feels different enough that I'm having some trouble with it. I also totally missed that NPC lady that gives you the estus flask and allows you to level, so I've lost a few thousand souls for nothing. Now that I've been able to boost some stats, I'm hoping things will go smoother

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have 2 katanas you can have. If you want to try and organize a soul sign just add me on PSN.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Sessh

I don't know. I can't be very far, since I've only beaten 3 bosses yet, but played for about 10 hours already. Admittedly I spent a lot of time trying to find every single item and messing around with some of the covenants.

Right now I'm standing around next to the Bell Keeper covenant guy, and have been invading/invaded constantly for more then an hour.

I'm SL 63, which is funny, since at that point I had already beaten DS1 for the first time.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

So far, I'm SL 17 or so with a warrior (so not very far on level), and I've been doing Heide's. Picked up a Fire Longsword, been kicking ass, and really enjoying it.

I'm keeping myself completely dark about anything and everything involving this game, just going in with no knowledge and an open slate. Once I hit that brick wall that I can't figure out, then I'll resort to a guide.

After the first playthrough, though...it is SOOOOOOO on.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Fredchuckdave

A little less than 45 hours (blind/offline) on my first character to clear it with a few hours of being afk just listening to the magnificent Majula theme; wouldn't be surprised if some people took over 100 hours and I still have 30-40 hours of stuff to do on the original character before moving on to NG+. Never really got stuck except for getting lost a few times. There's one room that has 6 doors that you have to open in very careful and elaborate fashion, if you pick the right door that could save you as much as an hour; I picked that door last.

If someone full clears each and every area with a melee character they have my utmost respect.

Haruko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

42 hours and beat it with a heavy armor high strength high faith lightning build was super fun

The Heir
    See the ending
    15th Mar 2014
    1:40:33 PM
    1.61%
    ULTRA RARE

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By golguin

I've played for about 30 hours and my souls level is 67 with 6 bosses defeated. I don't know what my level should be for any given area because I'm constantly seeing summon signs at every bonfire so people must be around my level. I've made it a point to keep my soul level low because I don't want to accidentally over level myself for my Company of Champions challenge. I gained around 100,000 souls from killing bosses in a two hour period and I just used that to buy up spells and armor that I'm not using.

MrAbomination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

About 24 hours played, level 102 I think. Tried to beat the rat boss for ~30 times and gave up for now. It seemed to rely on pure luck rather than skill with my current abilities, so fuck it.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30  Edited By Seppli

I'm about 30 hours in and level 130ish (I tend to hang around and assist after beating a boss for massive soul influx). First, I went Broadsword -> Fire Sword -> Mace -> Drangleic Sword (I used it for most of the game, perfect moveset)...

...finally I got pissed by the scarcity of Twinkling Titanite and searched high and low for a regular sword with the same moveset as the Drangleic sword, as in having a straight-forward thrust for the standard heavy attack, which is super useful in tight corridors, comes out fast and has great reach. Didn't find anything suitable, so I compromised on the Bastard Sword.

Currently I'm sporting a Bastard Sword +10, and am hotly awaiting to finally be able to imbue weapons with special effects.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrabomination: Depending on which rat boss you're talking about, one of them is optional.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doing OK. I'm 10 hours in and rode the spooky spooky ghostship to the Bastille. Then 5 guys ambushed me. I rage-quit.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea641329300b
    deactivated-5ea641329300b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm about 20 hours in because I'm doing a lot of grinding and also I got stuck trying to figure out where to go after killing Lost Sinner. I didn't know I had to talk to the lady who sells miracles multiple times to get her to move to a new area so she could open a new path way.

MrAbomination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fredchuckdave: The one with five small rats and then the big one. The only time I've gotten close to beating it was removing all my armor, equipping a halberd and getting lucky enough with my swing to kill the small ones without getting infected. And then I die because I either position myself in a wrong way and big rats hits get pass my shield, or some of the hits are randomly unblockable.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

i've hit a double wall, the rat horde boss on one hand, the lanky triplets boss on the other, i'm out of effigies but two allies against the latter hasn't seemed the slightest bit effective so far, and i've yet to see a white summon sign anywhere near the former. not sure how to proceed, i'm playing a sorceror and i've bought all the spells the dude in the wharf had, but fuck me if they don't seem mostly useless, Yearn and Shockwave in particular have yet to yield a satisfying result. What use is shockwave if it can knock over single rat, but not anything heavy like a fatty?

Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Syndrom

about nine hours in i guess. Killed old dragonrider and old dragonslayer and that dude in the ship today. That dragonrider and ship dude were way to easy for my liking.

Very cool game in other ways, like it more that dark souls for some reason.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I beat it last night.

I want to say i had more trouble with the levels themselves than the bosses in general. There were a few bosses that gave me alot of trouble though and alot that i beat first or second try. I do think this one is harder than dark souls 1. They tend to send ALOT more at you at once so theres just so much more to keep track of.

I played a pretty generic "quality" build (balanced strength and dex). Gear-wise i wore the faraam armor for late game, the armor the trailer dude is wearing. Used a +10 longsword and a +8 mace as my main weapons. I dabbled in pyromancy but not enough to be very useful, i never found advanced spells for it. I believe i was level 110 when i beat it.

Will probably make a dex character later today and go through the game slower to read all the lore and stuff i missed. I feel like i missed alot, too focused on beating it.

Cloudleet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Just got the first big soul. Running around as a pure melee character, was planning going magic, but I realized I barely used magic in Dark Souls.

I really had a problem at the beginning my game, because I went in as my NG+ character from Dark Souls (not the actual character of course, but the mindset of the character), expecting to one-shot everything in my way with my broken sword, forgetting I was not wielding my +5 Black Knight Halberd. Really put a dent in my progress until I found the humility I needed, until I got... scared again.

Running around with a +5 BastardSword right now, really want to use the Ultra Greatswords, because ohmygodgiantswords!!!!, but they are a bit too slow for me right now.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#39  Edited By benspyda

I've killed two of the four big soul dudes, the one at Sinners Rise and the one at Black Gulch. I assume the spider boss is the third one, that one just mowed me down in one shot with a laser beam, but I have no idea where the fourth one might be located?

I'm really enjoying it, there's so many more secrets this time round. Every area is so full of unique stuff.

Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 12

#40  Edited By Oni

I have a question about progression, this is late game stuff so I'm spoilering it to be safe. It's about Drangleic Castle and the four Old Ones.

So I have lit three? Primal Bonfires (Sinner's Rise, Iron Keep, Brightstone Cove) but I only have 2 'big' souls, from the Old Iron King and the Sinner. I went to Drangleic Castle, and the Maiden said something about my soul being frail and pallid and made it sound like I was unprepared, or that I'd missed something. So my question is, is it normal that I'm still missing two big souls at this point in the game? Have I missed something? The only area I know of I haven't explored yet, outside of Drangleic Castle, is the Gutter, which seemed like an optional area to me. Should I proceed in Drangleic Castle or can I go back and kill some other bosses first? Just pointing me in the right direction would be nice, be careful with spoilers please :).

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oni: The Gutter is not optional.

Just bring a lot of torch fuel and take your time. It took me about 30 minutes to clear the area. It's surprisingly light on enemies and it's more of a navigation challenge than a enemy fight-fight challenge.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I spent three hours dying over and over again at the starting level before my girlfriend told me I had to talk to the green woman four times. I talked to her once and when she stopped talking I walked away because video games, son.

I don't like having to ask people for help, or having to close a game to find out where to go to make something new happen. Dark Souls 2 seems like its perfectly opposed to my elements. I actually like how cludgy and impactful the combat feels, it feels like how fighting in mail armor should feel. But I hate when games don't really convey important, crucial information. I didn't know how to equip a shield for two hours because I didn't know I had to cycle to it pressing Right, and why would I? I don't believe in instructional manuals, I believe in context appropriate tutorials.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Still really early on, myself. Just met Pate for the first time. He--and the numerous fire-emblazoned messages scratched into the ground around him--warned of a trap ahead. So I got cold feet and turned the system off.

And that's about where I'm at with things.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going for a quality build so far, 30 hours in and SL 110 ish, 30 in str, 30 in dex, 30 in end, 20 in adp and vit I believe. Also 1 slot for pyromancy.

So far not been too hard :)

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#45  Edited By tourgen

Enjoying it. Bosses have been kind of easy. I've tried sword + rolls and a heavy tank build so far and both have been pretty fun. Two-handing big weapon and mixing blocking and rolling has been the most fun so far.

Helping others with bosses a few times and then tackling them solo has been a blast. I get to learn patterns and practice then do a solo run, plus help others out too.

Easier than Dark Souls, not as good level design up to whee I'm at, but still very fun.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Ares42

Finally got to the credits. Overall I really liked the art direction of the game, running around lighting up the gutter, the stormy castle, the spider pit, lighting up the boat. I could go on, there's just so many great set pieces. I do feel the game is a bit too corridor-y though, so you lose some of the great exploration experience.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Enjoying it. Bosses have been kind of easy. I've tried sword + rolls and a heavy tank build so far and both have been pretty fun. Two-handing big weapon and mixing blocking and rolling has been the most fun so far.

Helping others with bosses a few times and then tackling them solo has been a blast. I get to learn patterns and practice then do a solo run, plus help others out too.

Easier than Dark Souls, not as good level design up to whee I'm at, but still very fun. I don't think I'm halfway yet so it might get better?

mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ive finally got all 4 boss souls and entered the new area. Im level 102 and i feel completely outmatched by half the things here. And thats insane compared to dark souls, where if you were 90 you were overleveled.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ares42: This a little silly but you could describe the art direction as follows: Anor Londo on Fire, Anor Londo underwater, Anor Londo in the rain, and Anor Londo in the sky.

darklight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By darklight

I'm level 74 and I'm still not sure what I want to focus on. As of now I'm a Dex/Str build with medium armor (rocking Elite knight Armor for old time sake). I wanted to be a tanky dex build to change from my STR build from Dark soul but so far I found a lot of cool STR weapon which made me doubt my choice a lot of time. Also pyromancy is very tempting but it would mean to re-organize all my stats carefully and I'm not sure I can pull it off without screwing myself. So my character is in constant identity crisis with what he should be, that's great.

And each time I hit a wall I question if I should change my build, for example I was stuck on two seperate boss: the Gargoyle and the Rats in the Pharros Door. . That is until I found that I completly missed the Heide Tower of Flame, And 10 hour later I again realise that I missed No man Warf because apparently I have a rare disease which prevent me to see big freaking entrance at the end of a staircase, which I thought was a dead end when I went there the first time. So I steamrolled No Man's warf at lvl 74 but I still missed the boss of the place. Gonna get him tonight.

I was wearing the Vengarl armor until I was able to equip the black knight halbard. I switched back to the elite knight armor since I found it slowed me too much at the moment. I'm also having fun with the Boss Twinblade weapon. But since I was not able to make my mind, I don't have any weapon over +2 and I have no Titanite shard to craft them up at the moment. I guess I'll need to wait to beat the Iron Keep, which I have yet to find at the moment, to get the infinite seller. But it's probably for the better since I still have a lot of doubt of what weapon should I main.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.