Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls II

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Blood, souls, and tears are continually spent as players traverse the land of Drangleic in FromSoftware's third entry in the Souls series.

I got the Platinum (PS3 Vanilla)

madladunit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just a note to say that I got the Plat on DS2 vanilla PS3!

Everyone is real happy for me, right?

Did anyone else here get the Platinum? The worst part was waiting for co-op partners to get 30 sunlight medals....that took about 8-10 hours I reckon (there are not that many people playing the game still as far as I can tell...or at least, not at my soul memory level).

No, no, scratch that, the worst part was beating Dark Lurker....the boss at the end of the Pilgrims of Dark covenant....if you're melee-reliant then it's insanely difficult. I had to use my last soul vessel to re-spec and even then it took 5 or so tries with a faith/pyro build. Each attempt uses an effigy too so it's like there's a ticking clock...at some point you'll run out of effigies.

On the plus side I did learn that if you massacre the witches at the start of the game then you get quite a few effigies.

Dark Lurker was also quite annoying because the run to the boss was tough - several NPC phantoms that hit hard.

Anyway, whatevs. I did it.

Ericjasonwade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Congrats dude! I haven't tried any of the Dark Souls platinums but I do know that it is no easy feat. I was going to go for the bloodborne platinum after I've finished some other stuff.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've got two Dark Souls II plats. Come at me, son!

Congratulations!

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I am very happy for you, OhBabes.

odinsmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By odinsmana

Good work duder! Some of the optionional parts of DS 2 are real fuckers.

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm actually surprised you got 30 sunlight medals that quickly, there must still be a decent amount of people playing. Good job.

Now get Scholar and do it again.

I'm still slacking on my DS3 Platinum, the grind is pretty rough in that one. I'll probably wait until the DLC comes out before I jump back in. It's the only Souls Platinum I don't have and it pains me.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theblue said:

I'm actually surprised you got 30 sunlight medals that quickly, there must still be a decent amount of people playing. Good job.

Now get Scholar and do it again.

I'm still slacking on my DS3 Platinum, the grind is pretty rough in that one. I'll probably wait until the DLC comes out before I jump back in. It's the only Souls Platinum I don't have and it pains me.

I got the platinums for Demon's, Dark Souls and all the achievements for Dark Souls and Dark Souls II, but lost interest with Scholar before getting the last six, as it was basically the same game, and I'll never get all the ones for Dark Souls III. I kind of prided myself on completing them all, but now I don't care anymore. Reading the wikis while playing through the stories again and again is a hassle. Dark Souls III is the first game in the series I won't play for hundreds of hours. I don't have the drive anymore. They released too many quick, easy sequels. I hope their next game is something far different.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
    deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got the Platinum in Bloodborne, but I think getting it in that game is significantly easier than getting it in the Dark Souls games (unless if you hate the Chalice Dungeons, then I suppose it would be harder).

I would have gone for a platinum in the Dark Souls games, but they all have the achievement to get all of the miracles, spells, hexes, and all of that shit, and the third one has the really grindy achievement to get all of the rings. Those achievements are such a massive pain in the ass to get that I just never bother. At least getting the Chalice Dungeon achievements in Bloodborne involved fighting new bosses, so it was at least somewhat interesting (some of the later Chalice dungeon bosses could be a real pain in the ass though... That half-health chalice dungeon will forever haunt my dreams).

That being said, congratulations!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.