Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls II

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Blood, souls, and tears are continually spent as players traverse the land of Drangleic in FromSoftware's third entry in the Souls series.

I would really like a shared stash...

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

My mage character has 4 blacksteel katanas he'll never use. Meanwhile my ninja character has been farming for weeks and no luck. Torchlight's shared stash system was great for people with multiple characters. Something like that would make sure that no loot drop went to waste. They can even fix it so that the things like enhancements and upgrades don't carry over. And neither would keys, humanities or quest items. Just weapons and armor would be fine...

Baseborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yea but then you'd get invaded at lvl 20 with people using santiers/havels/+2rings/etc...

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Being able to acquire top tier gear with one character to then give to a starting alt seems like it would go against a lot of how these games are designed. Plus, you can always respec your character for NG+ so you're then playing the game again with all of your accumulated gear, and now with a new build.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No BB glitch for you.

coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that is counter to the spirit and design intent of the game

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Loot drops are really such an insignificant part of the game. So many of the weapons and items are found in chests and a lot of the best stuff is only accessible late game for balance reasons. Also blacksteel katana's arn't much better than the Uchigatana you can just buy or the Manslayer you just find in a chest.

rocketboot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By rocketboot

@benspyda: There are way too many cool armours that are only attainable as ultra rare drops from NG+ black phantoms.

Anyway a shared stach would only work if you could only access it after NG+.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

@benspyda: There are way too many cool armours that are only attainable as ultra rare drops from NG+ black phantoms.

Anyway a shared stach would only work if you could only access it after NG+.

Or you could put a Soul Memory limit on each item. You got this sword when you had 3 million SM, only characters with 3 million SM can use it. Of course, it should use the same tiered system that matchmaking uses, so that items found at 500 million SM are only restricted to the 15 or 16 million cap that match making has.

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee said:

Being able to acquire top tier gear with one character to then give to a starting alt seems like it would go against a lot of how these games are designed. Plus, you can always respec your character for NG+ so you're then playing the game again with all of your accumulated gear, and now with a new build.

Except that people can trade for those already. They can restrict some gear. And the fact is if you've already gotten a top tier item, then you earned it already. It's not like you cheated.

@benspyda said:

Loot drops are really such an insignificant part of the game. So many of the weapons and items are found in chests and a lot of the best stuff is only accessible late game for balance reasons. Also blacksteel katana's arn't much better than the Uchigatana you can just buy or the Manslayer you just find in a chest.

Loot drops to create a specific type of character are important to a lot of people.

rocketboot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mosespippy: That's actually a much more interesting way to implement Soul Memory, the multiplayer system would probably work better if instead of matchmaking being I tasted by soul memory your load out is restricted. Although there are still drawbacks to that, for one it would take away incentive to visit areas out of sequence.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'd like to see a game like this impliment a system that works without the item being unlocked. For instance, let's say enemy X can drop item Y. You can freely trade item Y between characters who have killed an enemy X (e.g. got a Black Knight Halberd on your mage, provided you've killed a Black Knight before as your melee character, feel free to trade the item to them). That would be cool. Though I think that might be a little against the idea of Dark Souls itself.

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dixavd said:

I'd like to see a game like this impliment a system that works without the item being unlocked. For instance, let's say enemy X can drop item Y. You can freely trade item Y between characters who have killed an enemy X (e.g. got a Black Knight Halberd on your mage, provided you've killed a Black Knight before as your melee character, feel free to trade the item to them). That would be cool. Though I think that might be a little against the idea of Dark Souls itself.

That's a cool way to implement it. And you'd think the life protection ring goes against the spirit but there it is.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.