Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls II

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Blood, souls, and tears are continually spent as players traverse the land of Drangleic in FromSoftware's third entry in the Souls series.

Not seeing summoning signs?

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

I've seen a total of two summoning signs so far, both when I first entered Heide's Tower of Flame, and both of which disappeared right before I could use them. I haven't finished this area yet, but I played there for quite awhile and defeated one of the bosses there, and am now deep in No-Man's Wharf, having gotten up to the boss there. I haven't seen any summoning signs for hours, but I can lay down my sign anywhere and be summoned within seconds. Not sure what the deal is. I guess using a human effigy lessens the chance for both invasions and summonings, but I've only used one and that was towards the start of the game. I can't be the only one experiencing this. Am I missing something or is this an issue with the game?

Avatar image for weegieanawrench
    weegieanawrench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By weegieanawrench

I've never seen one either. The only sign I've seen was to summon an invader, and that just seemed dumb.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I've seen a total of two summoning signs so far, both when I first entered Heide's Tower of Flame, and both of which disappeared right before I could use them. I haven't finished this area yet, but I played there for quite awhile and defeated one of the bosses there, and am now deep in No-Man's Wharf, having gotten up to the boss there. I haven't seen any summoning signs for hours, but I can lay down my sign anywhere and be summoned within seconds. Not sure what the deal is. I guess using a human effigy lessens the chance for both invasions and summonings, but I've only used one and that was towards the start of the game. I can't be the only one experiencing this. Am I missing something or is this an issue with the game?

Did you burn a human effigy at a bonfire or did you just use it in a random place? If you burned the human effigy in a bonfire that would have cut you off from invasions and summon signs for a short period of time. If you want to become human with an effigy just select to use it anywhere. Don't burn it.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@golguin: I think I did both, actually. But like I said, those were a long time ago, like within my first hour of playing. I'm now more than 6 hours in so that should have no impact on seeing summoning signs at this point, right?

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By golguin

@golguin: I think I did both, actually. But like I said, those were a long time ago, like within my first hour of playing. I'm now more than 6 hours in so that should have no impact on seeing summoning signs at this point, right?

Did you join the Company of Champions covenant? That prevents you from using your summon sign or seeing summon signs on the ground.

You might also be too high a level or too low a level for whatever area you are currently in. People need to be within your soul level range for summoning. Not sure of the number range, but that info should be out there.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

@golguin: Nah, haven't joined that covenant. Plus, as I said, I have no problem being summoned into other people's games. It's possible that I'm too high a level, but being level 30 for where I'm at doesn't seem crazy. Plus I'm sure with the game being fresh that there's a pretty wide spectrum of players running around.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I think there is an item that allows you to strengthen the link between worlds. Its one of the items you get at the start of the game it looks like a bone with a red ribbon on it. Forget the exact name. Try using that.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@demoskinos: Correct, this item will make signs appear if you have been restricted (but who is to say that is what happened to this person). You can get restricted for disconnecting.

Item description: You will be punished for fleeing from other worlds by disconnecting unjustly. However, this charm will disperse the ire directed at you. But sins are not easily buried, and there's no telling if you will be let off so easily next time. Each encounter in life is a precious turn of fate, and fate will not be cheated.

So it sounds like if you are not seeing signs, you might have been restricted.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I think there is an item that allows you to strengthen the link between worlds. Its one of the items you get at the start of the game it looks like a bone with a red ribbon on it. Forget the exact name. Try using that.

Gonna have to try that. I haven't had issues, but man did I need some summon signs for that giant fucking rat. Fuck him.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

@sterling: Definitely haven't disconnected from someone else's game either. I've rage-quit out of my own a few times but that's it.

Looks like I'm gonna have to try using the item that strengthens the bond because I literally have no clue what else to do. I enjoy playing in other people's worlds but I make no progress that way.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I haven't been having any issues with it. There have been at least two or three summoning signs outside of every boss door that I've happened to visit while human.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#12  Edited By Humanity

I also haven't had any issues, to the point where it's ridiculously easy to farm boss runs for souls. Every time I've put my sign down before the Bastille boss I've been summoned to someones world nearly instantly, and if human myself I would never have to wait more than 20 seconds before I saw summon signs near the bonfire or close to a boss fog.

Avatar image for beautifulspacecowboy
    BeautifulSpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I didn't start seeing summoning signs until I put mine down outside the Last Giant boss. May have been a coincidence, but I was through there several times with no signs anywhere, but the things are everywhere now.

HeadlessJim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I know this was posted years ago but I think I know the simple answer... Probably not any connectivity issues or anything but just the lack of people actually wanting to give help... I honestly think people would rather receive help and not give it in return :/

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.