Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls II

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Blood, souls, and tears are continually spent as players traverse the land of Drangleic in FromSoftware's third entry in the Souls series.

Play co-op? Who wants help?

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

I've finished Dark Souls II so many times this year, it's not even funny. I really want to play the game again, but I have played it in so many different ways and I kinda don't know of any different way to play it.

This made me think, it might be pretty cool to play the game almost entirely in co-op once. Anyone interested in doing this? It can be anyone, but someone who isn't very good at the game might get the most benefit out of it? Although it sounds kind of fun to just destroy the game with another skilled player also.

Obviously it won't be very challenging, but just for fun. Anyone?

nasp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

sounds fun,however ive heard people that wanted to do this with there friends and had issues because of the soul memory system.i would be up for it if its possible and if it was on ps3 though.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

@zevvion said:

I've finished Dark Souls II so many times this year, it's not even funny. I really want to play the game again, but I have played it in so many different ways and I kinda don't know of any different way to play it.

This made me think, it might be pretty cool to play the game almost entirely in co-op once. Anyone interested in doing this? It can be anyone, but someone who isn't very good at the game might get the most benefit out of it? Although it sounds kind of fun to just destroy the game with another skilled player also.

Obviously it won't be very challenging, but just for fun. Anyone?

This reminds me of the time I was a level 76 and got summoned for the Capra Demon fight on NG. The two other dudes had clearly already defeated O&S. It was so ridiculously easy it was comical.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@zevvion: I'm tempted... I got ~20 hours in before I got tired (of the Executioner's Chariot) and stopped playing. Recently I was thinking of going back but my hard drive failed and I've lost all my progress, so need to restart anyway.

Only thing is I unlikely have enough spare time to commit to this fully, I'm afraid.

nasp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@mosespippy: im laughing right now thinking of how much of a beat down capra demon took lol.do you remember what gear they was using?

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@bollard said:

@zevvion: I'm tempted... I got ~20 hours in before I got tired (of the Executioner's Chariot) and stopped playing. Recently I was thinking of going back but my hard drive failed and I've lost all my progress, so need to restart anyway.

Only thing is I unlikely have enough spare time to commit to this fully, I'm afraid.

Oh, but that's one of the cooler bosses in the game!

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

@nasp: One was wearing Chester's gear. Forget what weapon he had. Maybe a katana of some sort. The other was in Ornstein's gear and was 2 handing a Zwei. I forget if this was my Cleric build or Thief build but I was clearly the lowest damage character of the group.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@historyinrust: I felt like it was a massive gimmick boss and not fun to fight at all. I already knew what the gimmick was and just kept screwing up the execution after I did the ring-around-the-roses.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Co-op is fun though you might want to run a weird build and maybe do as little as possible just to observe the other players. In the case of DS2's online it didn't work on my home internet (random port X issue oh noes, generally impossible to solve and server side) so while I was able to have about a 40 hour session of it at another location I wasn't able to have a persistent online experience; but with the first Dark Souls I made a character completely devoted to co-op, read about it here if you like.

The most fun I've had in Dark Souls is watching other people get blown up by stuff like Quelaag's AoE (which has a rather obvious tell that people just weren't aware of for the longest time). Dark Souls II is kind of a minefield so a lot of different things like that could happen as well; albeit frequently the hard areas are tougher than the bosses they hold.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Zevvion

@bollard: No problem. I can create infinite characters it seems like, so if you are up for it we can get an hour or so in every now and then. I'd be fine with going slow.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zevvion: What's your Steam? I'll add ya and maybe we can hash something out :)

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bollard said:

@zevvion: What's your Steam? I'll add ya and maybe we can hash something out :)

Same as here. Zevvion. Sounds good.

Avatar image for uhohlovehascometotown
    uhohlovehascometotown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

onliskyn send me a message and we can do...things?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.