Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls II

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Blood, souls, and tears are continually spent as players traverse the land of Drangleic in FromSoftware's third entry in the Souls series.

Such a different EXP curve!

joques

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By joques

Man, I'm just past Shrine of Amana, so not really in sight of the end, and have not even touched the DLC yet, and I'm at SL 150! I admit to grinding The Pursuer and the Last Giant with 4 bonfire ascetics (also, I tend to gobble up all the boss souls rather than trading them for boss items - exception for Smelter Sword (which I don't use) and Pursuer Greatshield (which I definitely DO use)), but other than that I haven't been grinding or farming. It's just that levelling is sooo much cheaper here than in DS1.

I was just playing the game, levelling up, and around SL 50 it started to hit me that "hm, why is it still so cheap to level? At this SL in DS1 I think it was about 15.000 souls per level, and here, it's...5000?!?" So I checked out the level cost chart at the wikidot, and sure enough.

So now I'm at 40 in STR, DEX and END, I have 100 in AGL, I'm running around in Vengarl's complete set and not fatrolling ... my Drangleic Sword, longbow and Vengarl's chest armor are all maxed out --- and I feel like this is an endgame character. But still nowhere near the end. What'll I spend souls on from now? Probably just Vigor, though I prefer not to get hit in the first place.

I get that there are more stats to level in this game, so they had to tweak it - but did they maybe go a bit too far?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.