Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls II

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Blood, souls, and tears are continually spent as players traverse the land of Drangleic in FromSoftware's third entry in the Souls series.

You Defeated...Forever?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

So take this with a grain of salt but I've been reading some topics over at GameFAQS and a number of people have apparently gotten the game early.

Here is the troubling part. According to several topics that have sprung up all from different sources enemies eventually apparently quit respawning. There is conflict over if this is caused by dying to an enemy a specific amount of time or defeating them but its confirmed that it does in fact happen.

I could see FROM SOFT thinking this would be a way to minimise soul farming but if you can really just beat a level through sheer attrition that seems.... not good. I don't want to be hyperbolic and say this destroys the game but it most certainly gives me pause.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee
    cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Yeah, from one perspective, it can be seen as a way to limit soul farming, which isn't necessarily a plus. It could make repeated trips through long annoying areas (Anor Londo) a little less difficult and/or tedious, though.

On top of that, there are ways to make the game harder for yourself, too, for people who don't want any form of assistance whatsoever. Unless you have a moral objection to people completing the game who you don't think truly "deserved" it, I don't see any reason to even worry about it.

paulithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By paulithon

theres apparently an item that you can get in the rat covenant that will reset this and I believe its also been said this can be a rare drop from a certain enemy also

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.