Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls II

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Blood, souls, and tears are continually spent as players traverse the land of Drangleic in FromSoftware's third entry in the Souls series.

Your first death (early game spoilers?)

• 92 results
    bnutz2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@adoggz said:

So what was your first death in dark souls 2? I jumped off the ledge in the first area when you first get control of the character.

I was laughing my ass off when the achievement popped up

This is exactly what happened to me, as well... to the T. I laughed and thought to myself "Yep... I'm back."

I actually died a few times in the starter area trying to do a few different things. That housemaiden is no pushover, that's for sure.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

I found that hidden path before you create your character, punched literally the first enemy in the game in the ass, and he didn't take too kindly to that

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#53  Edited By jiggajoe14

@jiggajoe14 said:

I want to meet the first person who got killed by those pigs in town.

Oh and I got killed by Sanford and Son guarding the coffin thingy in the tutorial.

Any idea what the coffin does? I beat them (well, one fell into the water, the other I legit beat) and got in...and then the game loads and you get back out. I seemed to have minor buffs on a lot of stats and also my character looked zombie-esque afterwards???

Someone told me that it changes your gender but I haven't checked if that is true or not.

Cyrus_Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Cyrus_Saren

I was walking away from the big creature in the tutorial area and then got caught on the bridge and slid off.

Avatar image for deactivated-61356eb4a76c8
    deactivated-61356eb4a76c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Fell off a ledge in the tutorial area running away from one of those giant things.

Gruff182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love the amount of people that were killed, before they even created their character.

Dark Souls.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just fired the game up for the first time mere moments ago. I walked backwards from the starting location because it looked curious and walked straight off the cliff.

"You Died"

The "This is Dark Souls" trophy popped.

I'm still laughing! My stomach hurts!!!

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By Dallas_Raines

I accidentally rolled into the pit in Majula, while fighting those pigs.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I went straight to the giant hippo cyclopses down by the water and justifiably got killed.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@neezie said:

I punched a dog and his friends got piiiiiiiiiissed at me in the starting area

I too suffered my first death due to man on dog violence. I should have known better.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@vanick said:

In the starting area I found some big footprints and decided to follow them. I then punched the creature that made them in the butt and he picked me up and ate me.

Exactly this

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

I also died to the dogs in the starting area. It just doesn't sit well with me if things actually run away from me in a souls game, they had to get punched.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#63  Edited By Seppli

I fell in the river at the jumping tutorial. Yep. Epic.

daggon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#64  Edited By daggon55

@seppli said:

I fell in the river at the jumping tutorial. Yep. Epic.

Same, I made the first jump across, "ok I got this." The back across I manage to somehow turn myself 60 degrees off where I wanted to go and wheeeeeeeeee splat.

Then I kept thinking I was playing Lords of Shadow and hammered R2 to dodge, and the slow zombie men killed me.

Then the hippo man ate me.

Then I was trying to look over an edge and moved the wrong stick.

Then I saw this treasure on a ledge and thought, "maybe the jump goes up enough to get there", it doesn't I slid by the edge and off a cliff.

Then I found these little pig things by the side of a house, they surrounded an murdered me.

Then I asked a nice man in white armor if it hurts him when I hit him with a sword, yes replied let me show you how much.

Then I found out you cannot block arrows with your butt.

Then I found out that shooting fire lizards with arrows makes them upset at you.

Then I discovered that jumping off large trees in an effort to reach distant ledges is probably not a good idea.

Then I discovered that the black barrels are bad, they go kaboom.

I justify my first hour of total ineptitude by thinking that maybe being recently undead makes you feel drunk.

Kain55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Kain55

I clearly started playing whilst way too damn tired. My first death came as I wandered directly off a ledge in the tutorial area. I believe I've died about 8 times. Of those, I believe 6 were to falling unceremoniously off cliffs. I'm hoping my play time tonight will involve less exploration of endless abysses. They have not been as fun as you would imagine.

villainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The tutorial area, where it tells you how to jump, yeah i didnt read the sign and i thought it was the double B thing instead of clicking the stick in....

This except I made the jump, got the item, then forgot to jump two seconds later on the way back...

m0rbld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My first death was in the area where you call in the ship with the bell. There were two of the monsters that cause the bleed damage that cornered me and beat me to death. Strangely enough I haven't died to boss yet. I have 7 boss souls in my inventory with one of those being a primal soul. I think that was the sinner boss. I went strength build from the warrior class. I'm up to level 70 about ten hours in. Having 40 strength and a greatsword +5 seems like a good strategy haha. I am sure the game will be humbling me soon enough....

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

While not my first death. I had my first "oh shit I just walked right off the edge" death last night.

MrJorOwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Punched those dogs and got wrecked.

@reisz said:

@neezie said:

I punched a dog and his friends got piiiiiiiiiissed at me in the starting area

I too suffered my first death due to man on dog violence. I should have known better.

Same fate here, I just had to punch those dogs.

ragintaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By ragintaft

Made my way to Hiede’s Tower of Flame right after Majula. Fought the first big guy there and actually defeated him. Was feeling pretty cocky at that point and got almost immediately annihilated by the next foe.

Oh, Dark Souls. Always bringing me up just to immediately smack me down.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I decided to kill the ogre in the starting area, forgot how to dodge and somehow ended up pressing x instead of circle. Eaten.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the tutorial where they teach you to jump, yeah I forgot it was L3 instead of circle... died like 5 minutes after starting the game lol

Avatar image for beautifulspacecowboy
    BeautifulSpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I started a deprived character and ran past the tutorial mist gates (because I was so excited to play that I just missed them) and in to Majula. With only my underwear on and my weak fists to protect me, I accidentally angered those little pig things by the (formerly) locked mansion and died as I slapped my stupid hands against their faces.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I'm pretty sure my first death was in that room where they fire ballisters at you, they didn't hit me with them but they swarmed me and cut me down. Welcome to Dark Souls 2.

SniperXan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I decided to leap off the cliff...I wanted the first death to be on my own terms :P

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
    the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I died on The Pursuer optional fight on that platform, in the Forest of Giants, that only happens once.

Eaxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I ran towards the tutorial jumping area and jumped too far to the left as I hadn't gotten used to how different the movement is in DS2.

Phili151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Phili151

I died on the first enemy through the first tutorial fog gate, my controller died and a didn't have any spare batteries.

makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

I first died trying to jump to the item across the gap in the tutorial area, then I switched it back to the DS1 button config. Praise the sun.

gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I first snuffed it the on the tutorial level. Was fighting two guys and then found out why getting staggered is no fun in this game. Since then, I've developed a habit of running on to big swords.

Tblockkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Tblockkiller

In the tutorial level. I got distracted for a second and my character walked off a cliff.

Ezkilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ran off the waterfall in the first area.....

not my best moment

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

.......By one of the tutorial area zombies >->

SerHulse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Fell off of a cliff in the Things Betwixt.

Fell off of same cliff trying to collect souls.

:(

OleMarthin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It took a long time before my first death, probably 2-3 hours. i got killed by a soldier enemy using his spear and pushed me off a ledge and i fell to my death, this was in the forest of giants i think.

OleMarthin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By OleMarthin

It took a long time before my first death, probably 2-3 hours. i got killed by a soldier enemy using his spear and pushed me off a ledge and i fell to my death, this was in the forest of giants i think.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

I got killed by those little dog things when I was exploring around corners; found the rust coin, got lost, dead.

dodgy123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By dodgy123

Came from Demon Souls straight to this to get the communal experience and jumped off the first ledge in training area "ooh you can jump?!" damn those L3/R3 buttons and my fat fingers

dodgy123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Came from Demon Souls straight to this to get the communal experience and jumped off the first ledge in training area "ooh you can jump?!" damn those L3/R3 buttons and my fat fingers

BBOYS2231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By BBOYS2231

@redyoshi said:

I tried to take on that hippo dude in the tutorial area. I thought I was doing okay too, up until his friend decided to join the party.

Same. I had a feeling it was a trap but couldn't resist. Was doing well for about 20 seconds then out of the corner of my screen I saw the other one. I tried to run but they both belly flopped on me haha. Dark Souls.....

My brother thought it was hilarious because every few minutes he could hear "fuck this game!" faintly coming from the living room.

BBOYS2231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By BBOYS2231

@redyoshi said:

I tried to take on that hippo dude in the tutorial area. I thought I was doing okay too, up until his friend decided to join the party.

Same. I had a feeling it was a trap but couldn't resist. Was doing well for about 20 seconds then out of the corner of my screen I saw the other one. I tried to run but they both belly flopped on me haha. Dark Souls.....

My brother thought it was hilarious because every few minutes he could hear "fuck this game!" faintly coming from the living room.

SacT0wnF1n3st

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My first death is in the very beginning of the game. Couldn't see the bridge that leads to the house with the old women, walked off the cliff.

Brightness was then turned up one-two notches hahahaha.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.