Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls II

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Blood, souls, and tears are continually spent as players traverse the land of Drangleic in FromSoftware's third entry in the Souls series.

Your most bosses defeated in a single life?

The_Tolman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

So I just got through a pretty long string of bosses (at least for me) in a single life. For a while, I was getting my ass handed to me before something clicked. I got through The Last Giant, The Pursuer, Dragonrider, and Old Dragonslayer (in that order) all on a single life with humanity restored. I can't say I've had this level of video game induced high in quite some time.
    What is your highest streak of bosses defeated on a single life for Dark Souls 2? Doesn't matter if you cheesed them or called in some help, its all part of the game and it all counts.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By cloudymusic

Uh, one. Do I lose my cred?

I've beaten three(?) bosses in a single try so far, but I don't think I've ever done multiple bosses without dying at all in between.

Skyrider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I can't even imagine beating The Pursuer on my first try, even with summons. I've had my summons shoot me in the face so many times... (granted sometimes it's my fault for getting in the way). I've done two in one life so far: The Pursuer (after 7 tries, when my summons finally clued in that I just wanted to gank this fool, old school) and Old Dragonslayer.

The_Tolman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloudymusic: No way, man! Death is part of the experience, EMBRACE IT!

The_Tolman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skyrider: I got really lucky with the ballista and was able to take him down to where one hit would kill him. He's definitely my favorite boss design so far but damn is he hard to hit.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By mike

Fallen Giant, Dragonrider, Old Dragonslayer, and the Gargoyles all down in one. All the other bosses...well, let's not talk about that right now.

@tolman - I had much better luck with Pursuer by ignoring the ballistae and just focusing on dodging back and to the right and getting one or two hits in while he was busy twirling around and grandstanding. I must have died at least 10 times to him when trying to use those damn machines. Ironically, the first time I decided to ignore the ballistae, he quickly destroyed them both anyway.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Sterling

I have no idea, maybe three. But if we are including helping others kill bosses. Probably in the high 40s. That is all I did today. I have so many of those giant white stones. Which is good, because that covenant needs so many to level up! 500 of them for the third level! WHAT!

Vashyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did 3 bosses, The Last Giant, The Dragonrider, and the Flexile Sentry.

Everything else has taken 2+ tries. I don't want to talk about Ruin Sentries or the Lost Sinner.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Old Dragon Slayer, the guy in the pirate ship, and Ruin Sentinel all in one life.

azrailx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By azrailx

last giant, the pursuer, old dragon slayer, flexible sentry, ruin sentinel, belfry gargoyles

this includes the areas in between =o

(but not helping others in co-op or invading other players)

Avatar image for weegieanawrench
    weegieanawrench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By weegieanawrench

I got through 2: Dragon Rider and Dragon Slayer.

How the hell did you guys get through the Gargoyles in one shot? Shit is totally unfair. Maybe I should be summoning duders?

hippocrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By hippocrit

0.5 bosses in one life.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By jkz

Actually those exact guys you mentioned. And I think the flexile sentry / gargoyles? I think? I got pretty overpowered early on, though the game's difficulty curve's starting to catch up

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@weegieanawrench: I'm to the point of summoning. Every time I try though I get invaded by Grey phantoms.

LegalBagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 7

I was able to take down Old Dragonslayer and Dragonrider on the first try. Though that was after spending an hour+ on the Pursuer, which forced me to get a much better handle on everything and gave me that great armor set and shield, plus some time exploring the area after the Pursuer giving me a ton of levels, so I pretty much rolled through the Tower area after that.

fuzzypumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All of them. I'm the greatest.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I beat the Old Giant and the Persuer in one life. Felt pretty good, and now keep dying over and over an those three lanky guys (don't remember their names).

azrailx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sessh said:

I beat the Old Giant and the Persuer in one life. Felt pretty good, and now keep dying over and over an those three lanky guys (don't remember their names).

summon distractions =o

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@azrailx said:

@sessh said:

summon distractions =o

I tried. So far every single one has died either in one hit or lured the first guy of the platform, thus pretty much fucking up the whole run.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Nice thing with DSII is it rewards you for being competent, if you don't die then you're in great shape; if you die several times then you're in awful shape until you find the ring of binding (I didn't have it for half the game, pretty much got used to almost never taking damage as a route to success, turns out that's a good approach).

@sessh: The NPC summon there is one of the best in the game, check the cells.

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

beat every boss (Last Giant - that thing on the ship, about 6-7 bosses) without dying and then I got to the fucking Medusa (before I figure out how to beat her). fuck that boss.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last Giant and Pursuer were the only ones for me.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

I had a couple good runs--maybe 5 bosses in a row on the best one? I definitely felt like the overall boss difficulty was lower (or maybe I've just played enough of these to cope well with the new challenges), but it spiked pretty hard on a few fights.

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Two. I don't imagine ever beating that record since I have a job and can't play Dark Souls 2 for 8 hours a day no matter how much I want to. I beat both the bosses in the Heides Tower of Flame area in a single run. The guy below was simple to roll and stab. The guy up top I summoned a helper to act as a diversion. Every time he went after my summon I kept stabbing him in the back. Easy peesy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad
    deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If anyone's curious, the trick to killing the pursuer with the ballista is that you need to put him close in front of the ballista (10 feet or so) - and then after he commits and does a heavy strike, dodge and sprint towards the ballista. Your timing has to be fast, because he'll only stay within the target zone for a couple of seconds as he recovers from the heavy strike. Did this and then I killed him in one hit afterwards.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

Some how I managed four: Pursuer, guy(s) on the ship, Dragonrider, and the other guy (with summon).

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#29  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

It's not Dark Souls II, but I finished Demon's Souls on a super high note killing the last 5 bosses in the game without dying. Needless to say I was super pumped.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got Dragonrider, Flexile Sentry and The Rotten on my first tries, no streaks, though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.