Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls III

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Mar 24, 2016

This game melds elements from all previous Souls games and concludes the Dark Souls trilogy.

Dark Souls 3 Opening Cinematic - To The Kingdom of Lothric

dzll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This is getting me super stoked. It's playing into the whole eternal cycle idea and essentially re-doing the Dark Souls 1 opening.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

Man, I feel like this game is going to be hard. I kind of want to replay the others again, I'm pretty pumped now.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By flasaltine

Yep, that is a From Software CGI video.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Yes, indeed..

Avatar image for deactivated-61356eb4a76c8
    deactivated-61356eb4a76c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I need this

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ivdamke

Looks to be treading similar ground as Souls 1.

Man, I feel like this game is going to be hard. I kind of want to replay the others again, I'm pretty pumped now.

If the network test is anything to go by it won't be any harder than the other games. Backstab fishing in PvE still seems totally viable. I hope that's not the case though with the full release.

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh indeed. Where Marlo at? Tell him I'm here.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yo Phalanx doe?

The other two openers were better.

@paulmako: RIP Butchie

NeverGameOver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Oh man, I just stumbled across this. Holy shit am I pumped.

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LeStephan

Man, I just love the way that blobby guy liquidly ruptures from that casket and then starts glowing a bit , he looks super gross. Its one of the least cool/impressive FROM cgi intros ive seen but I appreciate the lack of action scenes that misrepresent the actual gameplay :)

Finished demons souls yesterday and am now working my way trough Dark souls 1 and hopefully 2 before 3 comes out.These games are so fucking rad but life just keeps interfering for me in a way that I cant (or don't) devote my attention properly to them for a long enough time. So I always decide after a while I should wait until I can aaaaaaaand yeah that has taken me like 6 years for demons souls hahaha but I finaly did it!, I have a week off now and nothing to do so I hope to get through a big chunk of dark souls 1 at least. Furthest I got before were the gargoyles and I got there in one sitting yesterday after beating DS so it bodes well.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hope this story is more interesting than 2.

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Looks pretty good. Really happy they brought back the original narrator lady since I always thought her voice over was pretty awesome.

Also glad, both from this and what I've seen of game play, that they've gotten back to some more grossly creative enemy types.

Maybe I'm just stretching, but it's also kind of neat how much of the trailer imagery seems to be inspired from Dante's Purgatorio. I mean, it's appropriate, given the themes of the series, but it's still cool to see.

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
    ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is that Artorias Greatsword? Hype... there you go Miyazaki.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@fredchuckdave: I really hope, from what Miyazaki said, that this game will put a stamp on the Dark Souls Mythos.

Looking forward to this game even though I personally feel that going back the slower, more methodical, pace of Dark Souls gameplay will be hard for me,

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mordukai: I'm still going to be playing Bloodborne, should be interesting doing both at the same time; at least it's not as bad as Lords of the Fallen where the controls are different so I fuck up things constantly. Souls in name is done, Bloodborne isn't, and whatever games they make in the future will just be Souls in a different setting I imagine; at least for a good long while. Cyberpunk 2077 comes out the same year as Space Souls confirmed.

beliefmask

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mordukai: Early reports have seemed to suggest there has been a bit of a blending of the two styles / pacing of gameplay. I really hope so myself, because after sinking platinum deep into Bloodborne, I've tried to go back to the previous Souls games and the adjustment has been tough. As much as I really enjoyed them at the time, I really grew to like the generally faster pacing of combat in Bloodborne.

NeverGameOver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@mordukai: Early reports have seemed to suggest there has been a bit of a blending of the two styles / pacing of gameplay.

God I hope not.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.