Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls III

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Mar 24, 2016

This game melds elements from all previous Souls games and concludes the Dark Souls trilogy.

If you are buying Dark Souls III on release day, which platform are you going to play it on?

• 97 results
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Poll If you are buying Dark Souls III on release day, which platform are you going to play it on? (713 votes)

PC 51%
    PlayStation 4 33%
    Xbox One 5%
    Not going to buy Dark Souls III on or close to release day. 8%
    Not going to play Dark Souls III at all. 3%

I thought it would be nice to get a general picture of what the GB Dark Souls III community is looking like as we approach release.

What platform are you going to be playing on? Waiting? Skipping it altogether? (Also go ahead and vote if you already bought the International version!)

• 
    RikiGuitarist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm getting on PC. I was a bit surprised on how well the Steam Controller + DS3 bundle pre-orders sold. I have a Steam controller, and I would not use that over a traditional Xbox 360/One controller for a third person action game.

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I'm getting it on PS4.

Unfortunately, I'm conflicted about getting it on day 1. Not because I don't think it'll be good, but I've got a remodeler coming in for my entertainment room. While the remodel is going on, it's pretty much no PS4. They're supposed to come in "sometime next week" but the place keeps vacillating on the date. I don't want to buy something Day 1 if I'm not able to actually play it for another week or two.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I think I'm going to hold off until I beat Bloodborne to tackle this - I don't think I could shift between two similar-but-different games all that easily, and I really want to get through Bloodborne! It's been taunting me for so long.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I think I'm about to pull the trigger on the pre-order since I can get it for $50 on PC. Pretty excited for this. I like the little I have seen of the mechanical changes and I'm of the opinion that II was steps in the right direction in those areas for sure.

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

PS4 for me since my PC sucks. I have it pre-ordered on Amazon so I hope it gets here on release day!

Avatar image for deactivated-582d227526464
    deactivated-582d227526464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going with the PS4 version. I bought the collector's edition and I'm in the process of buying spray paint for a custom dark souls themed dualshock 4, so I'm kinda all in on that particular gravy train. I'm really jelly of everyone playing it on PC (seriously... those silky framerates make me wanna build a gaming PC), though it looks like PS4 will be the second best place to play it. Here's hoping this game's multiplayer scene will be an active one!

The launches of these games are always so exciting.

maginnovision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rikiguitarist: I don't know that I'll use my steam controller for much of anything. What a piece of crap.

I'll be getting on PC though, dark souls 1 and 2 I bought on console, then on PC when it came out and would like to avoid buying it 3 times this time.(console, pc, and pc "goty")

JJBSterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anybody know if I can get a hard copy of the PC version that isn't just a download code? I'm almost certain I'm getting a PS4 copy but if I can get a PC copy so that I don't need to download the whole game that might convince me to go PC.

Shoey920

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Shoey920

Xbone because free Dark Souls 1. Truthfully I'd rather play it on PS4, but I like free shit and I doubt the performance will be that much worse.

edit: well I lied.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

boy... Xone is not doing well at all is it?

As for me I'll just wait for the inevitable goty edition... haven't even beaten DS1 yet.

@jjbsterling: given how things have been of late you'd probably just get a empty box with a code on it, it would be several DVDs to have the entire thing on discs ready to go.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

PS4, ordered it on Black Friday.

JJBSterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onarum: Yeah, that's what I thought. It's been a really long time since I needed to buy a hard copy of a game on PC but I've heard they've just been codes in boxes. Figured I'd ask just to be sure.

Gundamseeds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I already have both versions (PC, PS4), but i'm going to main PS4. I can confirm that the PS4 version runs really well, and better than Bloodborne. It looks absolutely gorgeous on either platform. Did a side by side of the PC review code, and the PS4 version and no difference in visuals.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm currently playing the Dark Souls II DLC on PC and am really liking being able to play it on my monitor so I'll get DS3 on PC as well.

chatmonchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

PC... but maybe not at launch.

Is it too late for a GPU bundle to be announced? Was hoping to get the game free with a GTX 970...

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

PC. Don't have an Xbox One and don't pay for PlayStation Plus on my PS4.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS4, and then eventually on PC when I get a new computer.... hopefully soon.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PC, there's no reason to get the PS4 version when I'm above the recommended specs for the PC version. GMG is also selling it for 17% off which is a godsend for me because otherwise the game would be $80 for the standard edition or $106 for the Deluxe.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

PS4 for me, my computer can't run much of anything right now. The 20% off Amazon Prime pre-orders doesn't hurt either.

JosephKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

PS4 because I don't have a gaming PC. Would love to join a GB community for that for reliable summons and PVP action!

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Getting the PS4 version myself. I have it pre-ordered on Amazon, but it looks like it'll be delivered the 14th instead of the 12th which kind of sucks. But I'm also getting the new Ratchet & Clank game and that is being delivered on the 12th so that will keep me busy until Dark Souls 3 gets delivered.

Jinoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

I just sold all my most valued CS:GO weapons and steam backgrounds and emotes on the market to get Dark Souls III.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I'll probably get it later in the year (voted for that), but when I do it'll definitely be PS4.

Nev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

PC, and on release day.

outlawtorn13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By outlawtorn13

Preordered on pc. Steam gives discount if you already owned a Souls game and with the exchange rate was about 35usd.

zombievac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By zombievac

Whoa, the Xbox is looking pretty dismal these days... even tho I realize this series is biased toward PlayStation cause of the exclusives, 3% is crazy. I preordered the collectors edition for XB1 just to sell it because it's already worth near double what I paid (On eBay). I also pre ordered the Steam version because I can't stand not playing the best version of any game!

I'm way more excited than I ever am for almost anything else... And I stopped playing demons souls after an hour when it first came out, but it was all because people told me k t was soooo hard and really it was easy with practice and patience when I finally re-played it after beating dark souls 2!

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
    hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

PS4, and again on PC when it's good and cheap

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems like From finally made a PC port that will run at 60FPS in just about every every area, and I've got the rig to take advantage of that.

If you've got a PC that can handle it, I hear that it looks mighty fine @ 2560x1440, and I'm very much looking forward to giving that a shot.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PC all the way.
    Still have yet to purchase it though, if only because OzGames for whatever reason still can't sell the Steam PC codes. Buying it directly on Steam easily brings the price up to at least 90 dollary-doos for me.

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

PC certainly.

Jim Sterling said the PS4 version is rough in spots, with massive drops in frames.

ikramit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ikramit

Pre Ordered on pc, reviews and the community have all been positive about the game, no reason to spend more money then I need to

malrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#32  Edited By malrock

PS4, for what ever reason, like Vinny, I always play these games on Playstation

edit: Just got a shipping notice for my LE from Best Buy! Can't wait till I have another giant Dark Souls statue I don't have room for

Avatar image for deactivated-5e60e701b849a
    deactivated-5e60e701b849a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Already bought it for PC and I'll play it with a Dual Shock 4.

Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

PS4. Nearly all of the Souls fans in my circle of friends are playing it on PS4. My PC is a laptop from 2011, so it probably won't run very well on it anyway.

malrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@svenzon said:

PS4. Nearly all of the Souls fans in my circle of friends are playing it on PS4.

I'm really interested in seeing how big the player base will be for the PC vs the PS4 in terms of messages, CoOp & invasions

BelowStupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Preordered on PS4 the day Amazon started discounting preordered games.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#37  Edited By Dave_Tacitus

PC. In fact I'll probably pre-order it later today because of the juicy 20% discount on a certain store.

EDIT: Done.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PC

Although i'm going through the first 2 games now and it's taking me over 80hrs to finish the first lol. I will probably buy on release but end up playing weeks later.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By RonGalaxy

Ps4. Don't have a gaming PC, but that's the obvious choice if you do have one.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a Ps4 and Xbox One and I'm going with the Xbox version because I recently bought the elite controller and I prefer it to the Ps4 controller. I also want to make sure I get the use out of it.

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Preorder ready for PS4.

My save point in Bloodborne has literally only OoK and the ending of the main game left, desperately need to find a free hour somewhere to finish it.

Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
    RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS4 because the ISP in my area fucking sucks.

big_denim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Gotta go PC if and when you have the option. The frame rate on From Software games on consoles can be downright abysmal at times (having nightmarish flashbacks to Blighttown on PS3/360)!

alexl86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

I preordered Dark Souls III for PC today. I wonder if my poison assassin I uses in DS2 would still be viable.

liljerms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's the lowest people have paid for it on PC? I think greenmangaming has it for 20% off at the moment.

Could do that or get it for cheaper on PS4 through GameFly.. can't decide. Leaning towards PC because of better graphics/framerate, but not sure how it'll play with the Steam Controller.

Wwen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't have a current-gen console, so PC it is. Good thing I bought a newish video card. (my last one was 5 years old)

amafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I'm sure it'd be fine in cinematic sub-30 fps on PS4, but I'm going for PC again.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I have a physical PS4 version showing up on Tuesday. A digital Xbox One version downloading this weekend. And I'll pick up the PC version on steam later in the summer during the sale. I always end up playing through the full game on every platform. Because I am mentally unstable.

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm getting it on PC; which feels super strange, because it's always felt like a PlayStation game to me.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS4, because my PC is too old for there to be any framerate advantages at this point. Only downside is that I won't have PS+ for an undefinable amount of time, but I was never huge on the coop/PVP anyway (but how will I know what this game's equivalent of "Amazing chest ahead" is!?).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.