Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls III

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Mar 24, 2016

This game melds elements from all previous Souls games and concludes the Dark Souls trilogy.

In which Souls Game you find the bests dual wieldings and in which there is your favorite one ?

HappyMSI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I only played Demon's Souls and Dark Souls (but saw many videos on the others) and I guess those I own are not the best for Dual Wielding. Nonetheless, the duo of curved sword/dagger you can have from Lord's Blade Ciaran (in exchange of the Soul of Artorias) are quite enjoyable AND useful (at least in PVP) : Gold Tracer in left hand and Dark Silver Tracer in right hand.

fatalbanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By fatalbanana

@happymsi: Dark Souls two and three both have classes designed for dual wielding. I think in three they improved it from two but I'm not really sure as I don't play those classes.

Rich666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Rich666

The dual weilding is much better in DS2 due to the ability to dual wield and retain the properties of any 2 weapons because of something called "power-stance". Essentially having 1 and 1/2 times the required stats for both weapons allows you to enter power-stance, which lets you swing both weapons at once. In 3 it was only certain weapons that were "properly" dual wielded and had unique properties. You can technically dual wield any 2 weapons in DS3 as well, but without power-stance it's kinda pointless since you can only swing one weapon or the other. I'm sure there are some exceptions, but I feel it was much more dynamic and useful in DS2, but ended up dual weilding in both (Drakeblood Great Sword and Chaos Blade in DS2 and Obadachi in DS3) And no offence, but you should really clean up the title of this thread. Hope this answers your question.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

2 has Power Stancing

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ares42

@rich666: While DS3 doesn't have the powerstance it has specific dual wield weapon sets. When you hit triangle (or Y) instead of 2-handing you dual-wield when using those weapons.

Personally I found DS3 to have the best dual-wielding (if not counting Bloodborne). While it's technically viable in DS2 it's very rudimentary and the whole weapon compatibility issue is very clunky. In DS3 however since the weapons are specifically made for it you have a multitude of different and unique move sets, especially if you have the first DLC. Playing through DS3 with the Crow Talons was just a blast.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dual wielded in three for a while and it was alright, i ran with a katana in 2 but could easily see it being the easiest with the i-frames on dodge being upgradable.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Capum15

I've only played DS1 and 2, and using two Caestus gauntlets in 2 was the best. I had a set upgraded normally, and one that had fire and lightning. Punching everything to death was awesome. Also I made my guy look like Alexander Louis Armstrong and never wore a shirt or hat.

Rich666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rich666

@ares42: while I agree with the fact that the weapons had more interesting and unique movesets in DS3 than in DS2, i felt that the limited amount of actual weapons made it feel more simplified. I liked being able to pick and choose which weapons i wanted in main and off hand. It's probably just a difference of opinion, but nothing beat Rakuyo in Bloodborne. Made me feel like a tornado of death. But opinions aside they are all outstanding games.

HappyMSI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rich666 No problem. But what do you mean by "cleaning up the title" ? If it's too long : sorry. If it's because it repeat itself, well I tried to say "In which game is there the best dual wielding system according to you and, apart from that, which is your favorite one (be it in another Souls game). A bit like you answered in your second answer.

Rich666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@happymsi: Just seemed a little convoluted is all. No offence meant. And if i were to pick a game out of the series it wpuld be the original Dark Souls followed closely by Bloodborne

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.