Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls III

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Mar 24, 2016

This game melds elements from all previous Souls games and concludes the Dark Souls trilogy.

NPC Quest Cheat Sheet - SPOILERS!

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Bane

SPOILERS AHEAD!

These npc quests have never been straightforward. I knew that I was going to miss a lot of this content the first time I played through the game and I was okay with that. I completed the game once unassisted so I went to the wiki and made myself this cheat sheet for my next playthrough.

The first ending I got was the Linking the Fire ending. While compiling this info I learned of the Usurping the Fire ending and this cheat sheet is a means to that ending. The differences stem from the Anri of Astora and Yuria of Londor questlines if you wish to make changes.

I included the npc invasion and summon opportunities as well because I played through most of the game not embered, and any summoning I did was fellow Sunbros.

I can't guarantee this is 100% accurate. I may have misinterpreted the steps, or the wiki could be wrong, or who knows what. The Patches questline seems particularly questionable, so be aware of that. The first time through I never saw him until he appeared as a merchant at Firelink Shrine. None of his dialog made any sense because he never appeared beforehand. I was still able to use him in the Siegward quest though.

Also keep in mind that killing the area boss and moving to the next area are triggers for a lot of events. If you aren't sure if you're where you need to be in these questlines don't kill the boss or move to the next area until you're sure.

Revised: May 18, 2016

stepareanpcto-do
    1firelink shrinehawkwoodtalk
    2high wall of lothricgreiratrelease from cell
    3firelink shrinegreirattalk
    4firelink shrineleonhardtalk after reaching second bonfire
    5undead settlementyoelaccept his service
    6undead settlementgreiratfind loretta's bone
    7undead settlementholy knight hodrickinvasion near dilapated bridge bonfire
    8firelink shrinegreiratgive loretta's bone
    9firelink shrineyoeldraw out true strength five times, can be done without leaving firelink shrine
    10undead settlementleonhardlight cliff underside bonfire
    11undead settlementcornyxrelease from cell
    12undead settlementeygontalk
    13undead settlementirinarelease from cell, she moves to firelink, do not give her any dark tomes
    14undead settlementsiegwardmeet at the giant's tower lift
    15undead settlementleonhardfind the pale tongue
    16firelink shrinegreirattalk and receive the curl up gesture
    17firelink shrineleonhardtalk and get the lift chamber key
    18firelink shrineyuriatalk
    19high wall of lothricleonharddefeat the darkwraith
    20firelink shrinegreiratgive permission to scavenge
    21firelink shrineleonhardtalk
    22undead settlementholy knight hodrickenter the cage on the back of the hollow manservant
    23undead settlementgreiratdefeat curse-rotted greatwood
    24undead settlementhawkwooddefeat curse-rotted greatwood
    25road of sacrificesanri of astoratalk with her at the halfway fortress bonfire
    26road of sacrificeshoracetalk
    27firelink shrinesirristalk
    28road of sacrificesorbecktalk
    29road of sacrificesyellowfinger heyselinvasion near large crab
    30firelink shrineorbecktalk
    31road of sacrificeseygonsummon for crystal sage
    32road of sacrificeshawkwooddefeat crystal sage
    33firelink shrineyuriatalk
    34firelink shrinesirrisfind dreamchaser's ashes and give them to the shrine handmaiden
    35farron keepyellowfinger heyselinvasion near third fire if she didn't invade in road of sacrifices
    36farron keeplondor pale shadeinvasion near third fire
    37farron keepsirrissummon for abyss watchers
    38farron keeplondor pale shadesummon for abyss watchers
    39farron keepblack hand gotthardsummon for abyss watchers
    40farron keephawkwooddefeat abyss watchers
    41firelink shrinehawkwoodvisit the artorias sword grave to retrieve his shield (outside Firelink Shrine, near the dog)
    42cathedral of the deeplongfinger kirkinvasion on the ground floor between the giants
    43cathedral of the deeppatchesdefeat the giants for unique dialog
    44cathedral of the deeppatchesopen the main doors opposite rosaria's chamber, reload the area, come back through the same doors, turn right, bridge trick
    45cathedral of the deepsiegwardtalk to him in the well, the main doors opposite rosaria's chamber must be open
    46cathedral of the deeppatchestake the elevator to the rafters, in front of rosaria's chamber
    47cathedral of the deeplongfinger kirkcollect his armor set from rosaria's chamber
    48firelink shrinepatchesbuy the tower key, he will try to trap you in the tower, meet in the upper floor afterward
    49firelink shrinesiegwardpurchase his armor from patches
    50cathedral of the deepsiegwardgive him his armor
    51cathedral of the deepanri of astorasummon for the deacons of the deep
    52cathedral of the deephoracesummon for the deacons of the deep
    53cathedral of the deepsirrissummon for the deacons of the deep
    54firelink shrineanri of astoratalk
    55catacombs of carthusanri of astoratalk with her just before the staircase with the skeleton ball, do not mention horace
    56catacombs of carthusknight slayer tsoriginvasion by the rats near the barred gate
    57catacombs of carthusanri of astoratalk with her at the end of the path to the right of the collapsible bridge, do not mention horace
    58smouldering lakehoracedefeat horace
    59smouldering lakeknight slayer tsoriginvasion by the demon ruins / old king's antechamber bonfire near the lava pool
    60smouldering lakecornyxsummon great swamp cuculus to fight old demon king, she must survive to get cornyx's armor set
    61undead settlementcornyxretrieve his armor set from his cage
    62catacombs of carthusanri of astoratalk with her near the bridge, she'll give you the ring of the evil eye
    63catacombs of carthusanri of astoradefeat high lord wolnir
    64irithyll of the boreal valleygreiratcross the bridge
    65firelink shrinegreiratgive permission to scavenge
    66irithyll of the boreal valleysirrisactivate her summon sign to help kill creighton (on the bridge)
    67firelink shrinesirristalk
    68firelink shrinepatcheswants to know where greirat went
    69irithyll of the boreal valleyanri of astoratalk with her at the church of yorshka bonfire, do not kill the assassin
    70irithyll of the boreal valleycreighton the wandererinvasion near the church of yorshka bonfire (behind the church near the large gravestone)
    71irithyll of the boreal valleycreighton the wandererretrieve his armor set from the bridge
    72irithyll of the boreal valleysiegwardmeet him in the kitchen above the sewer tunnel
    73irithyll of the boreal valleylondor pale shadeinvasion on the staircase after the black knight room with the three treasure chests
    74irithyll of the boreal valleyanri of astorasummon for pontiff sulyvahn
    75irithyll of the boreal valleylondor pale shadesummon for pontiff sulyvahn
    76irithyll of the boreal valleyblack hand gotthardsummon for pontiff sulyvahn
    77irithyll of the boreal valleygreiratdefeat pontiff sulyvahn
    78irithyll of the boreal valleyanri of astoradefeat pontiff sulyvahn
    79firelink shrineyuriatalk
    80irithyll of the boreal valleyalva, seeker of the spurnedinvasion just before the entrance to irithyll dungeon
    81irithyll dungeonsiegwardtalk with him through the cell window at the bottom of the giant's pit
    82profaned capitalsiegwardjump from the swamp church roof through a window and release him
    83irithyll dungeonkarlarelease from cell
    84firelink shrinekarlatalk, give her the dark tomes
    85profaned capitalsiegwardwill join the fight against yhorm the giant, I advise summoning other players as well as he will most likely die before you can reach the sword
    86profaned capitalsiegwardtalk if he survives the fight, retrieve his armor either way
    87anor londoyuriaperform the ritual with anri, quit and reload to retrieve her sword
    88firelink shrineyuriatalk
    89anor londosirrisdefeat aldrich
    90firelink shrinesirrisshrine handmaiden should have a budding green blossom
    91undead settlementsirrisactivate her summon sign to help kill holy knight hodrick (near the pit of hollows)
    92firelink shrinesirristalk, retrieve the sunset shield from hodrick's grave (outside Firelink Shrine, behind the enemy standing on the cliff edge)
    93firelink shrinegreiratasks permission to scavenge lothric castle, he will die if you give him permission
    94firelink shrineirinagive her the final divine tome (lothric), purchase all non-dark miracles, she moves to bottom of the tower, drops all dark tomes if you gave her any
    95firelink shrinekarlaif fire keeper irina dropped any dark tomes give them to karla
    96lothric castleeygonsummon for dragonslayer armour
    97lothric castlesirrissummon for dragonslayer armour
    98undead settlementeygoncan be found dead in irina's old cell
    99consumed king's gardenhawkwoodsummon for oceiros, the consumed king
    100untended gravesdaughter of crystal kriemhildinvasion
    101archdragon peakhawkwoodsummon for the path to the twinkling dragon torso stone altar
    102firelink shrinehawkwoodtalk to andre to get his message
    103farron keephawkwooddefeat him in the abyss watchers arena
    104grand archivesorbeckdefeat the crystal sage for the final sorcery scroll (crystal)
    105grand archivesgreiratretrieve his ashes if you let him scavenge lothric castle
    106firelink shrineorbeckgive him the final sorcery scroll (crystal), purchase all spells
    107firelink shrinegreiratgive his ashes to the shrine handmaiden
    108lothric castlesirrissummon for lothric
    109lothric castleorbecksummon for lothric after purchasing all spells
    110firelink shrinesirrisvisit hodrick's grave again
    111grand archivesorbeckretrieve his ashes
    112firelink shrineyuriagive her orbeck's ashes
    113cathedral of the deepleonhardjoin rosaria's fingers and offer a pale tongue
    114cathedral of the deepleonhardpick up the black eye orb
    115anor londoleonharduse the black eye orb in the room above aldrich
    116kiln of the first flameyuriasummon for soul of cinder
    117kiln of the first flamelondor pale shadesummon for soul of cinder
    118kiln of the first flameyuriadefeat the soul of cinder with all dark sigils intact, interact with the bonfire
    Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

holy shit that's a lot

TheWyotee93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm actually going to use this for the platinum. The Souls games are the only series where I have to make notes for a platinum trophy

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Now I know what to do, I'm not doing it.

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I'm not sure what From is thinking when designing these quests. My guess is they try to keep them inline with the "Souls is hard" and obfuscated story/lore thing they've got going on.

Revised: May 5, 2016

• Greirat: split the Loretta's bone and permission to scavenge step into multiple parts, added getting the curl up gesture
    • Holy Knight Hodrick: moved his invasion up on the list
    • Yoel: moved drawing out true strength up on the list
    • Yuria: moved her first encounter up on the list because of moving Yoel
    Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Shadow

Protip: just kill all of them but the handmaiden and Andre. They just spawn again and charge you more for stuff

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Shindig

Well, I've done three quests due to going for the ending I've missed. You don't have to be human for Anri's last part but you should be. Hopefully some Aldrich gimp (mine was named Dolly Parton) doesn't invade and ruin the moment. And to From's credit, these quests at least give you another reason to replay it. Not that these games needed help with that.

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By OMGFather

I got invaded by Yellowfinger Heysel in Road of Sacrifices instead, by the two giant crabs. I suppose it's easier at Farron though because you don't have to deal with the Watchdogs invading you.

The quests/NPCs in this are a real mess.

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Bane

Yup, I got invaded by Yellowfinger near the Road of Sacrifices crabs as well. I was invaded by a Watchdog at the same time, and they ended up fighting each other as much as they fought me. It actually worked out quite well! She didn't invade again in Farron's Keep, which is to be expected, but Londor didn't invade either. Maybe they invade as a pair, and since she had already invaded in Road of Sacrifices he wasn't able to invade Farron's Keep? Londor didn't invade me in Irithyll either, so it would seem if you miss one you miss them all? I don't know how it's supposed to work with him.

I revised the list again today. It should be accurate up to step 95 since that's where I'm at with my second character. I don't recall any major revisions, mostly just reordering the steps so that they flow better with how you'll probably play the game.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm about halfway through the game and I've missed most of what I let myself look at from this list. I think at this point I'm not going to worry about any of it and whoever I find, I find. Right now Patches is royally pissing me off. Betrayed TWICE! And I know if I want to buy crap from him I have to forgive him. Man, end of this one, I'm coming back to Firelink to kick his ass just because.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By 49th

I wish they would streamline the quest system in these games. I get that it's meant to be mysterious but it just means I miss out on content. Why would I ever go back to the well to find Siegward unless I knew he would be there? I feel like it's impossible to complete all the quests without reading what to do which negates any mystery that obfuscating this stuff achieves.

Also, Patches hasn't appeared anywhere for me and I'm already passed Pontiff Sullivan. I've been through the tower multiple times, I walked around Cathedral of the Deep a few times and I've spoken to Siegward in the well and even sent Greirat on another scavenge (which I guess he already died from) but Patches still won't appear.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luckily, I've done the platinum-related ones. Gerait broke for me and just keeps requesting to pillage without moving his arse. I just need to summon Yellowfinger for the last gesture.

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Bane

@dudeglove: Yes he does. Well, if you give the shrine handmaiden his ashes she will have the items he would have sold had he survived Lothric Castle. I looked on the wiki and Lothric Castle unlocks three or four new consumables, nothing I thought was worth him dying over.

I completed the game and updated the list. There were only slight revisions to steps 99 - 118, just moving things around I think. That should be it as far as revisions go.

One thing to note: the Londor Pale Shade invasions seems to be linked to Yoel and Yuria. If you don't draw out your true strength, or if you piss off Yuria he will invade you. If you follow the Usurper questline he won't, but he will be available to summon for Soul of Cinder.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.