Follow

Dark Souls III

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Mar 24, 2016

This game melds elements from all previous Souls games and concludes the Dark Souls trilogy.

Where to buy Dark Souls III

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Ry_Ry

Poll Where to buy Dark Souls III (134 votes)

PC - Steam $60 35%
    PC - CDkeys $33 15%
    Xbox1 - Amazon $48 / $104 3%
    PS4 - Amazon $48 40%
    Other 11%

Where are you buying Dark Souls 3?

CDkeys has the cheapest for PC, but idk how legit that is. And while I'd prefer digital. The prices at amazon with prime are much more attractive than Steam.

I'm not really sure what the performance difference (for me) will be between PC, PS4 & X1 as mine are all about equal.

• 
    hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Key resellers are part of what is called the "grey market".

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amazon

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd probably get it from a local store for PS4 but I'll wait until it's out and know if that version is alright or if I'll just wait for a sale and get it on Steam.

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By paulmako

Going to Pre-order it from Amazon for PS4. Although I am somewhat tempted to switch my pre-order to the the metal case special edition. Which is crazy, because I spend very little time admiring PS4 cases.

Either way I want a disk. 30gb+ will take way too long to download on my shoddy internet, especially with patches added.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Steam.

Avatar image for deactivated-61356eb4a76c8
    deactivated-61356eb4a76c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

PC on GreenManGaming for $48

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@skullpanda1: I bought The Crew and Watch_Dogs from CDkeys within the past two weeks. The keys worked with Uplay without any issues, their account info and payment pages are SSL secured like an Amazon or Steam, and they don't save your card info. Two things to mention though: I'm not too crazy about being unable to delete my billing address, and I guess a kind of neutral thing to mention is that you'll have to give them a phone number so they can text you a verification code during the transaction process similar to one of Humble Bundle's payment options. So, I'd say that CDkeys is an upstanding gray market option, though I'm not sure if I'd want to pre-order anything with them or G2A.

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amazon's 20% off is too good to pass up. Plus I was running out of space on my PS4 anyway, so this shift to discs works out.

nickhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By nickhead

I've used CDkeys and Greenman twice and had no weird issues, everything worked fine. I'm not sure how I feel about those businesses though and I love From Software so I don't want to chance taking money out of their pockets.

Steam for me.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Probably PS4, I don't play enough of it. I also probably won't be getting it the moment it comes out or anything.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm importing a digital PS4 copy because I cannot stand the thought of waiting three weeks.. Translating will be only a slight pain in the ass, I'll memorize and get used to the important stuff, I'll get my platinum, I'll be happy.

duke_of_the_bump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From are one of the few devs whose games I feel perfectly okay about buying at full price. I'm pretty confident it's going to be worth it.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't wait to buy this, play a third or so of it, and put it down forever.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By mike

Isn't CDKeys.com the site where keys are occasionally revoked after the fact? It's been awhile but I thought they were one of the more shady grey market sites.

NachoBizNas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By NachoBizNas

@mike: They actually have great customer service. I had an issue with a purchase and they responded promptly. Far better than Steam's customer service.

I'm buying from CDKeys. They have basically become my default site for games. $33 is almost impossible to beat and Dark Souls 3 will not be that price in more legit markets for quite some time.

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ripelivejam said:

Can't wait to buy this, play a third or so of it, and put it down forever.

There's a chance we'll get a Giant Bomb playthrough of it. Or maybe a Dan playthrough. So then you can just watch that! Are you actually planning on getting it and expecting to lose interest?

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paulmako: it's been a pattern with all the souls games/bloodborne for me so I kinda expect to do the same this time. Somewhat irksome community surrounding them aside, I'm still very fascinated in these games, but I guess I overestimated my ability to dedicate myself to them. Usually there's a period where I'm really into it and then I just sort of fall off or get stuck somewhere I suppose. Maybe this time I'll just realize they aren't for me and move on.

I do kinda owe it to try bloodborne again, that one I definitely stopped out of frustration and really early on too. It's probably the most frustrated I've been with any souls game.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I'll just buy it from Steam.

Nime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By Nime

Probably GMG or straight up Steam. The gray market stuff always weirds me out even if most people never have issues. Ditto for the region abusing sites like Nuuvem.

southbound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most likely GMG as with most purchases. I can't justify the risk of a grey market key over saving a few bucks when GMG is usually 25% off and is legit.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've bought a few games from CDKeys without any issue, so probably from them. But I'm not in a rush to play another one of these games, so similar to the previous ones. I might wait until they inevitably release the enhanced edition and then see who has it for the lowest price (Probably CDKeys again.).

DFL017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know but I kind of want the art book since the first one Design Works is amazing.

Tophat666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Really thinking about PC this time around. I might get an Elite Controller & play it on there, but GCU at Best Buy is too good of a deal & money is tight these's days so PS4 probably. Yes I just said I wanted a $150 controller in the breath about saving money, sue me I like nice things.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

i'll probably go ps4 this time around, PC version of dark souls 2 was fun and all and it was nice having 60fps, but I think i've ran into too many hackers that spoiled my enjoyment of the online portion and pvp. Hopefully there will be less on ps4.

thepullquotes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezekiel said:

I've bought a few games from CDKeys without any issue, so probably from them. But I'm not in a rush to play another one of these games, so similar to the previous ones. I might wait until they inevitably release the enhanced edition and then see who has it for the lowest price (Probably CDKeys again.).

I think I'm in the same boat as you, but I also need to see the specs.

I've used CDKEYS for a few major purchases over the years, and had no trouble.

NeverGameOver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Why is the Amazon preorder release date wrong? April 12?

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's the date on all the trailers.

NeverGameOver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#30  Edited By NeverGameOver

@shindig: Yeah, you're right. I was just googling it and seeing March 24, which is evidently the Japanese release date. It's not coming to North America until April 12... Well that's fucking dumb. I've had April in my mind ever since this was announced and then I stumbled upon something saying March 24 a few weeks ago and got my hopes up. But now my hopes have been dashed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.