Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

A question on blight town (Am I going the right way?)

Simtastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Simtastic

Okay, so I've decided to skip new londo ruins as I have ran out of transient curses so I have no way of defeating the enemies.

So I decided to open the door in new lando ruins that leads into the drake valley, from there I went into a cave and what do ya know. I'm in blight town, so I've made my way deep into blight town (Went past the bonfire in the swamp and currently at a bonfire on a bridge). My question is, am I going the right way? I'm scared somehow I'm going backwards and may of missed something vital in new lando ruins?

Should I continue my struggle through blight town or head back?

edit- no spoilers please

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By SuperWristBands

You are in fact going backwards. I would consider the entrance to Blighttown to be after the sewers, (depths, I believe), and the exit to be where you entered. The "boss" of blighttown is back where you entered. It's very near the bonfire that lead to a chest with a dragon scale in it.

Edit: Also, I don't think you missed anything in the ruins. I haven't even gone there yet. Blighttown is where I went after Depths, which I went to after Undead Parish. But, of course, you can take almost any route you want. Some will be harder paths though.

Simtastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Simtastic

So the entrance to the depths is at the undead parish? Where abouts?

yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By yoshimitz707

The 2nd bell is in Blight Town so yeah you're going the right way.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Turambar

I think New Londo is where you go if you get cursed but have ran out of the items that lift curses.  The basilisk's curse lets you fight the ghosts without transient souls, and there is suppose to be an npc there that can lift it for you.  It also leads to the Abyss area.

Simtastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Simtastic

@yoshimitz707: So if I keep pushing through I'll eventually reach the bell. I've passed some big-ass squid looking thing and currently at a bonfire on a bridge if that helps.

Thanks guys think I'll keep pushing through I've gone this far

Maajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Maajin

@Simtastic:

Yeah, you're going backwards. The usual progression is Depths -> Blight Town -> Londo Ruins, so if you keep going the way you are, you'll end up on the Depths near the Gaping Dragon Boss (or a locked door if you haven't defeated it yet).

Go back to the bonfire in the poisonous swamp and from there, facing the tunnel exit, go to your right. The boss is inside a cave near the trees (roots?), white floor and boulder-tossing ogres. I had a tough time finding it myself.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Maajin: When do you go to The Catacombs in this progression? Is it after New Londo?
    Maajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Maajin

@FluxWaveZ: I'm going through the Catacombs right now, after defeating Quelaag in Blighttown, as I don't have any Transient Curses left to fight the ghosts... Does anyone know where can I get more?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Maajin said:

@FluxWaveZ: I'm going through the Catacombs right now, after defeating Quelaag in Blighttown, as I don't have any Transient Curses left to fight the ghosts... Does anyone know where can I get more?

You can buy one for 4k souls from the vendor at the start of New Londo Ruins, I believe. 

Oh, and I guess I'd better go through this Blight Town before running through The Catacombs like I've been attempting to do.
    Simtastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Simtastic

I just suicide ran the whole way, worked a treat. Thanks for the help guys.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.