Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Am I going the right way?

Ashmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ashmai

I'm roughly 8 hours into the game, and started out by going up the stairs and into the towers above the city. I thought I would find a bell up here somewhere, but now I'm entering a forest area leading away from the castle I have been in for the last 8 hours. Am I on the right track? I'm fighting these huge armored giants, very shiny, and can take 2 on at a time, but when there are 4... I have to use almost all my magic and end up needing to go re-camp. Did I miss a bell?

Nekromantix87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Nekromantix87

You barely missed the bell area.

Back before the forest, there's the room with the blacksmith. In that building, head to the very top of the staircase and exit. Following that exit should place you on a bridge that goes straight ahead and takes you to three skeletons (two shielded, one crossbow), and a building near them. Inside that building is where you want to go. There should be a staircase near the elevator in there. And from there it's pretty straight forward.

Ashmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Ashmai

Thanks Nekromantix!

I went in there, and found an elevator that went down to the starting area, and a staircase that goes up to where a casting lich looking guy was up there. Is that the direction you are talking about?

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By MezZa

Yep that's what he's talking about. Kick the lich's ass and continue from there.

Ashmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ashmai

Thank you good sir's

MrCandleguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By MrCandleguy

@Ashmai said:

I'm roughly 8 hours into the game, and started out by going up the stairs and into the towers above the city. I thought I would find a bell up here somewhere, but now I'm entering a forest area leading away from the castle I have been in for the last 8 hours. Am I on the right track? I'm fighting these huge armored giants, very shiny, and can take 2 on at a time, but when there are 4... I have to use almost all my magic and end up needing to go re-camp. Did I miss a bell?

Wait, where is the forest? I ran out bell and now i'm near the gaping dragon.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By MezZa

@MrCandleguy said:

@Ashmai said:

There's a path near the blacksmith in undead chapel. Past the lightning throwing demon. There's also a way in through undead burg.

MrCandleguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By MrCandleguy

@MentalDisruption said:

@MrCandleguy said:

@Ashmai said:

There's a path near the blacksmith in undead chapel. Past the lightning throwing demon. There's also a way in through undead burg.

Oh i need to go past that bullshit lighting throwing guy?

or is it behind those huge gates with that guy just sitting there chilling?

Should i head there before or after blighttown?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.