Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Anyone S rank Dark souls yet?

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By McShank

Just synched my psn again to Gbomb to see what my Dark souls was and it turns out i am at an A. Was just curious if anyone has Sranked the game yet or if people think it would be to hard.

Avatar image for bam_d_leprechaun
    Bam_D_Leprechaun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Bam_D_Leprechaun

i plan on it, once i get the game

biospank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By biospank
    Y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Y

I don't know what S rank is but I have 100% of the trophies since Saturday. Knight's Honour was the last one I got (well technically the platinum trophy was last as it's just a "get every other trophy deal).

EscapingMinos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By EscapingMinos
    DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By DeF

@Y said:

I don't know what S rank is but I have 100% of the trophies since Saturday. Knight's Honour was the last one I got (well technically the platinum trophy was last as it's just a "get every other trophy deal).

you don't know what an S-rank is? go here: http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/y/games/ this is where you can link your gamertag/steamID/WoW account or PSN name (PSN is for premium members only right now during the testing phase). get all achievements/trophies for a game? -> S-Rank, get most of them? A-Rank (goes down to D)

Timing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#7  Edited By Timing

Almost. This is what I have left to do:

• Beat Gwyn in NG+ (area's open, everything else is done) and get the second ending.
    • Beat Sif in NG++, use his soul to make the Greatshield of Artorias, which is the last weapon I need.
    • Join the Warriors of Sunlight (I've already met the requirements) and then, with the Soul of Gwyn in possession, hand over 10 Sunlight Medals (which I already have) to get the final three Miracles.
    Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By Commisar123

I think that it is impossible, as to S-Rank that game is to win, and nobody wins playing Dark Souls

Buttenator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 40

#9  Edited By Buttenator

I have, but it hasn't updated on the site yet.

bkbroiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By bkbroiler

Buttenator! I always see you playing on GB TNTs.

Surprised how many people are S-ranking this. Guess Seriously 3.0 is still more time consuming.

Rheinmetall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Rheinmetall

@McShank said:

Just synched my psn again to Gbomb to see what my Dark souls was and it turns out i am at an A. Was just curious if anyone has Sranked the game yet or if people think it would be to hard.

How do you sync Giant Bomb with the PSN?

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By McShank

@Rheinmetall: its in your achievments tab in your profile. just add your PSN name to it :D

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By MetalBaofu

@Rheinmetall said:

@McShank said:

How do you sync Giant Bomb with the PSN?

Same way you sync Steam, XBL and WoW, I assume, but as already mentioned, it's for premium members only at the moment.

Rheinmetall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Rheinmetall

@McShank: Thanks! I just synced my Xbox achievements, but there isn't any option for the PSN trophies. :( I guess it's only for premium members as I read in a comment.

Avatar image for wrinklydinosaur
    WrinklyDinosaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By WrinklyDinosaur

@Y said:

Hey man, I was just wondering, what are the 'best weapons', how do you get them and can you miss them?

I've just killed the Hydra so I'm probably not far enough in

Y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Y

@GloriousDinosaur: There are the weapons you make with boss souls (Sif's soul is needed for 3 so the earliest you can get this done is new game++). Other weapons are drops from some certain enemy types, 2 weapons exclusive to 2 covenants and 5 weapons you get from cutting off tails lol. Full detailed list can be found on a couple of Dark Souls wiki's, it was a pain to check through all the junk I'd picked up haha!

Now that I think about it, getting all miracles is a bit more work as you're required to level up a couple of covenants. I was lame and farmed for souvenir of reprisals D:

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By McShank

@Y said:

@GloriousDinosaur: There are the weapons you make with boss souls (Sif's soul is needed for 3 so the earliest you can get this done is new game++). Other weapons are drops from some certain enemy types, 2 weapons exclusive to 2 covenants and 5 weapons you get from cutting off tails lol. Full detailed list can be found on a couple of Dark Souls wiki's, it was a pain to check through all the junk I'd picked up haha!

Now that I think about it, getting all miracles is a bit more work as you're required to level up a couple of covenants. I was lame and farmed for souvenir of reprisals D:

My problem with getting platinum on this game is getting all the damn weapons :( I am SL 260 and am almost finished with NG+ and no thanks to all my farming habits I have a really hard time summoning anyone and I need seaths tail cut off.. I am missing the moonlight sword and like 2 other weapons that I am getting in NG++ easily but seaths tail is making it really damn hard. I finished getting the miracles and spells and pyromancies tonight in ng+ as I missed like 2 of each in the regular playthrough due to me not looking all of them up. Hardest thing will be soloing seath in NG+ and having to chop off that damn tail alone! If i cant find someone to help me, i swear i am going to break all of my controllers in rage.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#18  Edited By mike

It sickens me a little knowing that some people have S-Ranked this game already...I'm still using the stupid Dragon Sword and trying to get through Blighttown.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By McShank

@MB: Haha, if i would have not stopped playing for a few days, I would have S ranked this thing already. But I hopefully will have it finished before the end of tommorow night if I am lucky with seaths tail.

Y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Y

I can get a character to 260 and try to get summoned if you can't find anyone. I'm a sunbro!

If you are in New Game++, can I join with a character in New Game first playthrough?

sungahymn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By sungahymn

The question IS if anyone S-ranked Gears of War 3 yet.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#22  Edited By Bollard

@EscapingMinos said:

According to the site, Hondas has.

In 11 days as well. Dude musta played the tits outta that game.

Also, how are PSN "points" calculated? Cause he has all the trophies but not all the points..?

Avatar image for wrinklydinosaur
    WrinklyDinosaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By WrinklyDinosaur

@MB: you and me both

I am getting thoroughly destroyed in the depths, but loving every moment of it...

come to think of that... i would like to go and try agian...

Timing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#24  Edited By Timing

Okay now I'm done.

I thought I only still needed Sif's Greatshield for the trophy, but it turned out I also still needed a Ghost Blade. And a Channeler's Trident. And a Crescent Axe, which led to a marathon run through the Catacombs and the Tomb of the Giants. But now I'm done.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.