Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Artorias in NG++

roland_d11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By roland_d11

So I'm a bit stuck on Artorias in NG++. I am at SL 151, a heavy Dex/Faith build with high endurance and vitality. I tried using my trusted Uchigatana +15, but even with Sunlight Blade my damage is pretty low (about 180 per hit). Does anyone have a good strategy for him in NG++? I collected all the pyromancies and have an ascended flame as well.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Turambar

How well does darkmoon blade work? That and I'd suggest treating the fight like a marathon, not a sprint. Don't worry about having high enough of DPS, and just get more adept at dodging his hits.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By mosespippy

@Turambar: Sunlight Blade is a 1.8 times multiplier on the magic adjust value of the talismen applied to the weapon. Darkmoon Blade is the same but varies based on your Darkmoon Covenant rank and it tops out at a 2.1X multiplier. I doubt the potential extra .3x damage is going to be a difference maker.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Turambar

@mosespippy said:

@Turambar: Sunlight Blade is a 1.8 times multiplier on the magic adjust value of the talismen applied to the weapon. Darkmoon Blade is the same but varies based on your Darkmoon Covenant rank and it tops out at a 2.1X multiplier. I doubt the potential extra .3x damage is going to be a difference maker.

Does sunlight blade deal magic damage or faith damage? My assumption is in part due to my guess that Artorias is going to have some degree of faith/lightning based damage resistance.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By mosespippy

@Turambar: Sunlight Blade is lightning damage (which doesn't scale with faith) while Darkmoon is magic damage. I'm not sure what Artorias's magic or lightning defence is but they are usually pretty comparable stats except for dragons/lizards which are weak to lightning.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By envane

that explains it , i get alot better damage on him with great magic weapon and only 15 int than with a fully upgraded lightning weapon , the nerf to lightning combined with the extra resistance he must have makes it pretty pathetic.

but yeah unless you can summon someone and stagger him out of his charge-ups, you will be looking at a drawn out fight with him getting more and more likely to 1shot you , if you play it super safe and only counter attack on one or 2 of his really slow recovering attacks , then its a piece of cake with the only problem being the slowness of it. its my only solid strategy for manus too , i cant play footsies with him up close that easy so i just spend the majority of the fight waiting to punish the 1 grabby hand attack.

Inquisitor_Sif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Inquisitor_Sif

Since Artorias is doing pure physical damage only and you're doing a dex/faith build I would recommend you hide yourself behind a high stability great shield and slowly withering down his HP with a Sunlightblade enhanced +15 Estoc.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.