Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Ascension for Warrior Build?

simpliztik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By simpliztik

I don't quite understand the idea of Ascension but I've read on other forums that it turns a +5 reinforced weapon to a magical weapon that will only increase in damage if you increase your Faith. My character was not built for faith. Maybe for Intelligence, but not Faith. Now I'm deciding if I should kill the blacksmith because he holds the ultra expensive "Crest of Artorias" which opens the door in the forest. I remember killing him on my previous character and looted the crest off his corpse. Something else that I was told is that the area where the door blocks is an excellent place to grind.

Will I have any use for the blacksmith in the future? Should I kill the blacksmith?

craves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By craves

Someone here (I think) posted a flowchart of all the different weapon ascension paths, I'm trying to find it now. Did anyone happen to save that? We're all in this together! :)

Still have no idea wtf I'm doing,

Craves

craves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By craves

Found it:

No Caption Provided

Hopefully that answers part of your question.

Death is a learning experience,

Craves

simpliztik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By simpliztik

Whoa that was a good find. So I guess I shouldn't kill the blacksmith? Can raw or fire weapons be more powerful than the Drake Sword?

craves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By craves

That's what I'm trying to figure out now...

Xael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Xael

Fire and lightning weapons do a LOT of damage, they are probably the best weapons for the first playthrough, if you don't have huge stat bonuses. Way more than the drake sword, which is awesome in the start, but rubbish in the long term. I think fully upgraded elemental halberd does something like 600 damage.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.