Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Best PvP Covenant?

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Spoonman671

Go with Blade of the Darkmoon.  Only because I hate invaders.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Chop

The forest is full of dupers, I'd advise against that covenant. Blade of the Darkmoon and Gravelord don't really work due to how the online is set up and Path of the Dragon, as you said, is far too conditional.

So...uhh none? The online is kinda broken right now tbqh

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Turambar
    @beziercurve said:

I heard the covenant in the forest was really active but is no longer. I ventured all the way to get in the dragon covenant and have just found out that the dragon eye stone is worthless because you have to wait for someone with a dragon scale to come by and activate your mark. So, Blade of the Darkmoon? I want to get my invade on.

Darkwraith it sounds like for you.  Its about as straight forward as it gets.  Use the red orb, invade a dude, and kill him.
    Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Turambar
    @Chop said:

The forest is full of dupers, I'd advise against that covenant. Blade of the Darkmoon and Gravelord don't really work due to how the online is set up and Path of the Dragon, as you said, is far too conditional.

Wait, does being summoned for the forest depend on the level of the invader?  Or can you get summoned against someone either too strong, or weak for you?
    James5955

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By James5955

I joined Darkmoon with my sorcerer and regretted it. It took so many tries to finally invade a world, constant failing.. seemed like one PvP fight every half an hour, I just couldn't stand it. My warrior is in Darkwrath however and with the Red Eye Orb I've been invading worlds successfully almost every try. I guess it may depend on the area that you're at and how active it is, but so far it seems much better. The cracked red eye orbs still suck though lol, I helped 10 people with bosses and sacrificed the humanity to the covenant so I didn't have to keep buying those expensive orbs only to fail.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Chop

@Turambar said:

@Chop said:

Wait, does being summoned for the forest depend on the level of the invader? Or can you get summoned against someone either too strong, or weak for you?

What people are doing is duping souls, then buying spells/pryomancys and leveling up the pryo catalyst. They're also duping humanity (makes chaos weapons really powerful) and upgrade stones to make stupid armor and weapons. Low leveling griefing is a pretty big problem atm.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

I honestly think Forest is the best right now if you want consistent PvP. I've had the stones fail over and over again and if you join Darkmoon you will almost ALWAYS be up against someone better than you do to how you are only hunting guilty players who are both prepared for PvP and know what they are doing.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By Tennmuerti

I read what you needed to do to join Darkwraith too late.

And no I can't untill Newgame+
    That's not gonna happen with so many other games coming out now.

James5955

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By James5955

The only thing I don't like about Darkwrath is that the hosts know when you've invaded.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

@James5955 said:

The only thing I don't like about Darkwrath is that the hosts know when you've invaded.

Darkmoon invaders are notified as well. The only time the other person isn't notified is when you are summoned via the ring, and someone has to plunge Anor Londo into darkness for that to happen.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.