Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Blighttown, because poison is just not enough!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d8bd173e1e3b
    deactivated-5d8bd173e1e3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I almost feel like they intended to have poor FPS in blighttown on the 360. I dont think a single walk through this area has been more than 20fps. With that being stated, I'v finally rang the second bell. I walked for about 1 hour trying to find my way out of this place going through the sewer entrance before the door stated "this does not open from this side." I then had to proceed all the way back around to the drake valley exit causing my eyes to bleed from the fps drops.

"Praise the Sun"

I truly am glad I got this game it's a gem :)

DrHawking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By DrHawking

The worst part of Blighttown are those damn mosquitoes.

mithical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By mithical

You went to Blighttown the way I did, through the shortcut (with the Master Key, yeah?) in New Londo Ruins/Valley of the Drakes. You're "supposed" to go through Lower Undead Burg to the Depths (sewers), and after beating the boss there you get the key to open that door that gave you the finger.

Devoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Devoid

Oh man, walking all the way to the sewer entrance without having opened the door first? That must've sucked so hard.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Devoid said:

Oh man, walking all the way to the sewer entrance without having opened the door first? That must've sucked so hard.

It was pretty much 1 hour of finding my way out then 1 hour of back tracking to go out lol.

DarkTitaniv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By DarkTitaniv

There is a key to unlock the door somewhere in blighttown i can't quite remember where thou.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MrKlorox

I got the damn key from the gaping dragon, but instead of immediately heading toward blighttown, I went back to firelink. After that I used the master key to take the valley of drakes route and it turns out you still can't open the door from the other side even though you have the key. That's pretty annoying.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By TheHT

It's still better than getting the plague in Demon's Souls. Though I suppose toxin is just as bad. But yeah, the first time I ran through Blighttown I suppomed two dudes who happened to be pretty bad ass. We hardly got damaged but the framerate seemed to range from 10-15fps.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MrKlorox said:

I got the damn key from the gaping dragon, but instead of immediately heading toward blighttown, I went back to firelink. After that I used the master key to take the valley of drakes route and it turns out you still can't open the door from the other side even though you have the key. That's pretty annoying.

Yeah this was my experience. I wanted to travel the way I did not go so I could find any items that I missed because I went via the valley. However not being able to open the door even though I have the key from the gaping is kind of disappointing.

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By SuperWristBands

Blighttown's FPS is so annoying. My second time through I took the Valley of Drakes shortcut and got to the boss in minutes! Eff you Blighttown!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.