Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Constant Freezing. Serious Problem.

Lucidforest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By Lucidforest

After 40+ hours of Dark Souls my game crashed on me. I restarted my system and tried to load my save up only for the game to freeze as soon as I try to do so.

This happens every single time!

It's not the system, every other game works fine. The game isn't scratched, it is simply the save data won't load anymore.

And this is not cool.

I've had a look around the internet and it seems pretty common among people who didn't quit out via the menu, but I see no sign of a fix - just people saying "I started a new character" or "I traded the game in" etc.

I posted on the Dark Souls official forums yesterday but the moderator needs to approve it and they either haven't logged on in over a day or the rejected my post because it shines a bad light on the game.

I just thought I'd post here on the off chance that SOMEONE knows how to fix this or has any information on it. Even if the developers acknowledged it and said there was an incoming fix I'd be happy! But I can't see anything of the sort.

SAD FACE!

INFO!?

Lucidforest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By Lucidforest

My latest attempt went something like this: 

My save is on the XBOX hard drive, so I thought "okay I'll just double check that it REALLY is the save data that's not working by starting a new game from a new save in ANOTHER location. So, I chose a different save location, and started a new game. Made a some random male character, whatever stats etc, and jumped in. The game worked fine. 

I then switched the game off, deleted that save that I just created (even though it was on another hard drive, I thought I'd just get rid of it) and loaded the game back up, choosing my original hard drive with the original broken save file on it. What happened then...was fookin messed up and stupid and bizarre! Instead of loading my level 67 dude from Anor Londo, instead of not loading at all because it was broken, instead of SOMEHOW loading that new male character I just created on another hard drive, instead of all these things it went straight to the game credits, then loaded me into the start of the game as some totally random I-never-created-her-ever female character at level 0 and all her stats at 0.

And now my original character is gone forever. Level 67. Over 40 hours. Vanished. 

Dark Souls sucks.

chillymundox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By chillymundox

Its not you or the hard drive the only thing wrong with it is Anor Londo, it my be one of the updates for the game but i cant load my character at all from there and i even bought a new game from the store to fix the problem thinking its just a scratch but i still cant load my character so yea... its pretty stupid...

colorbrandon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By colorbrandon

Sorry for the loss, but now it means you can play the game again! The game has great replay-value.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.