Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Covenant Achievements

SirDancelot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By SirDancelot

Just a heads up, it appears you receive the achievement tied to joining a covenant simply for selecting the dialogue option "Enter Covenant". You may then decline to enter without breaking your current covenant, and still receive the achievement. Maybe this should have been rolled into another thread, but some are getting pretty long now.

**Also, warning!!! The Rare Ring of Sacrifice says in the description that it will cure curse and break when you die wearing it. IT DOES NOT CURE CURSES! It will however break, leaving you to curse the developers/localizers for being dirty lying bastards.

Joeyoe31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Joeyoe31

You can join other covenants with out breaking them. You just drop the old covenant for the new one. And then you can always drop that one incase you get bored of it for an old covenant. As long as you don't do anything to break the covenant in the first place you can quit and rejoin as you like.

pjacobson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By pjacobson21
    @Joeyoe31: really? I didn't join the way of the white covenant at the start because I knew my character would never have a use for miracles and didn't want to have to deal with breaking the covenant when I inevitably switched. So joining a new covenant doesn't give you the negative effects for breaking the old covenant?

Also you are indeed correct about not actually having to join the covenant for the trophy/achievement. Like I said I did not join the way of the white, but I earned the trophy simply for talking to the covenant giver and following the dialogue up until I was offered to join (earning the trophy already was a large reason why I did not join the covenant). I'm not sure what it's like on 360, but on PS3 the trophy description says "discovered the (covenant name) covenant" and doesn't say you have to actual join the covenant for the trophy.
    SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By SteamPunkJin

After you ring the first bell an NPC appears below that will let you leave a Covenant - not sure if this is the 'breaking' people are talking about or not, but it seemed like an easy out.

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By AlKusanagi

I've joined and dropped a few so far and there's been no repercussions. I think "breaking" is doing something the covenant specifically tells you not to do, like attacking a member.

Also, the achievements pop as well on 360 just by reaching the Yes/No option.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.