• 142 results
Shivoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#101  Edited By Shivoa

Console trolls: that game released for the PS3/360 that was a port of the xbox/PS2 title with no work done to fix it up and was kinda broken. Remember bitching about that and how it wasn't done properly, now add in a 20% chance that after buying the game it doesn't like your console and plain doesn't work and a 30% chance it'll randomly glitch worse than everyone else. And it still looks like a broken version of the xbox/PS2 graphics. I think the Silent Hill HD was the last game where I noted your vocal reaction to this.

That's why PC gamers care about their ports not being busted. As PC is a broad term for so many different computers and an API that tries to unify coding to all of them, care and attention is required to write real-time software, this isn't some super special 'entitled' bullshit but actually releasing commercial grade software that runs acceptably on the range of hardware it will claim to operate on. Pre-release messages similar to this, saying there will not be options to tweak the graphics, are as good as saying that the game will not run correctly on some hardware and they don't care enough to even give users to tools to fix that (that big bank of settings on a PC game is to give us the choice of how many FPS we demand, what computational tasks in rendering we consider to leave the worst artefacts of the limited computational time and so can be minimised by focussing what hardware we have to increasingly complex version, and making it so they don't have to have a lookup table for every computer ever and every software edition running on top of it that relates to the ideal settings for a playable and bug free game - we do that for them).

PC gaming: it's computers dude!

WMWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By WMWA
@AhmadMetallic No. You just don't buy it. They'll get the message
WMWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By WMWA
@Pinworm45 Actually, I think we're on the same page. I'm not buying it and don't recommend anyone but it if it's not up to their standards.
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#104  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@wmaustin55 said:
@AhmadMetallic No. You just don't buy it. They'll get the message
What kind of childish approach is this? Instead of being an aware and responsible and flexible customer who communicates with the developers and shares his opinion and feedback on their products, to enhance the relationship and the future titles the developer will create, you just go "Well fuck this game" and don't buy it?  
People (PC gamers) want the game, they requested it, the result was a port that uses the worst PC software service and is locked on visual performance of 5+ year old hardware, so they communicate again and express their dissatisfaction with that product. You want us to give them the silent treatment like a bunch of angry women? Then how well they know why we didn't buy it? 

The "Don't whine, don't buy" mentality is as destructive as a customer approach can get to such a delicate industry (games and their development).
WMWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By WMWA
@AhmadMetallic Childish? Lol read this entire thread. Thoughtful, constructed feedback to the developer? Yeah, that's great. That this thread isn't. But sure, you're right man.
mitter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#106  Edited By mitter

@AhmadMetallic said:

@wmaustin55 said:
@Pinworm45 You still sound like a whiny baby. You guys wanted a port, you got a fuckin' port.
standards or demands as a paying customer and a potential future fan. Just to bend over and take whatever a developer or publisher throws at me, pay the money with a smile on my face and tell myself the flaws of the game are "Alright, no big deal." You are very manly.

That's a flaw in that logic. You haven't paid anything yet and therefore you're not in the position to demand anything. You are not a paying customer so buy it or don't. They don't owe you anything.

Shivoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Shivoa

@mitter said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

@wmaustin55 said:
@Pinworm45 You still sound like a whiny baby. You guys wanted a port, you got a fuckin' port.
standards or demands as a paying customer and a potential future fan. Just to bend over and take whatever a developer or publisher throws at me, pay the money with a smile on my face and tell myself the flaws of the game are "Alright, no big deal." You are very manly.

That's a flaw in that logic. You haven't paid anything yet and therefore you're not in the position to demand anything. You are not a paying customer so buy it or don't. They don't owe you anything.

Yes, this is exactly what all creators/salesmen want. Rather than telling them what you want to buy and the things that mean you're unable to become a customer for the thing they're building, we should all be quiet. That is exactly what every salesman wants, no feedback to help increase their sales. You are a genius logician, well done!

Edit: if you haven't guessed, the words you got wrong there were 'demand' and 'owe', I can almost bet you thought about throwing an 'entitled' in there somewhere. Hopefully you understand what pre-release feedback means and so can understand that no one is a customer of a product not yet completed, that does not mean we have to kill all the alpha/beta testers because the developers have no use for this angry noise about things they could do to make their product better.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#108  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@wmaustin55 said:
@AhmadMetallic Childish? Lol read this entire thread. Thoughtful, constructed feedback to the developer? Yeah, that's great. That this thread isn't. But sure, you're right man.
You seem to be new to the gaming community. The rage is a typical component of the complaints. Yes I agree that we should be quiet and civil as we communicate with the responsible parties but it's simply a fact that the gaming community is made up of energetic somewhat over-protective and mildly hostile young men who hold games dearly to their hearts and have incredible sentiments for them.  
Not to mention that the past has shown that the video game creators and publishers rarely care for what their customers think, they only care about keeping their jobs, which is why wrapping your complaint with an ANGRY I'M-MAKING-A-SCENE TONE has sadly become the successful method of complaining. 

So, newsflash for you, whether it's the lack of good features/abundance of bad features in Battlefield 3, the terrible ending to Mass Effect 3, the pirate-hunting crusade of the Witcher 2 developers, or anything else that had to be dealt with, it was all addressed, acknowledged or fixed after a backlash, not after receiving decent e-mails. Filter out the anger of the posters and focus on the substance of what they're saying.
Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#109  Edited By Chummy8

I still fail to see the big deal about all of this. The fact that this game is coming to PC is good news enough.

asinies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By asinies

@TekZero said:

I still fail to see the big deal about all of this. The fact that this game is coming to PC is good news enough.

Im not going to pay $60 for a game I already played last year with very few enhancements. The extra content is nice but doesnt warrant $60.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#111  Edited By Animasta

@Asinies said:

@TekZero said:

Im not going to pay $60 for a game I already played last year with very few enhancements. The extra content is nice but doesnt warrant $60.

did namco say it was retailing for 60? I should hope not

asinies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By asinies

@Animasta said:

@Asinies said:

@TekZero said:

To be fair, they havent, but the way they've treated this whole port makes me think they're just in for a quick cash-grab.

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#113  Edited By bacongames

Unless someone has had a specific problem with GFWL that has literally prevented them from playing, which is a fine sticking point but otherwise it's never really been a problem so I could care less about that. Locked to 30? Unfortunate but as others have said, not having the very bad framerate drops at all would be an improvement. The way I see it, yes it's a waste of a proper PC port but if it's as good as it would be the console available to those who wouldn't be able to get it otherwise, good for them. Personally I'm excited to hear if they deliver on no framerate hitches. If they do then sign me up...just don't expect me to buy it day one for 60 bucks.

Complaining about shitty PC ports is valid but so is not supporting the products that don't deliver either. The fact that they have to be in contradiction to one another is arbitrary. However there is a difference between saying you're not a fan of the port and bitching about how you deserve or have a right to anything in a consumer economic arrangement. There is enough wiggle room between both arguments to have reasonable consumer expectations for better and better products but the only mode that matter is whether you buy it or not.

I wonder if feedback is more successful if you are a confirmed customer versus a guy on the internet complaining before the game is out/didn't buy it in the first place. I can image a scenario where the only thing that matters to a dev about the people didn't buy it is that they didn't buy it and maybe figuring out why. However I can't imagine that being an easy job sifting through the cacophony of complaint that is the internet every day.

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#114  Edited By Chummy8

@Asinies said:

@Animasta said:

@Asinies said:

@TekZero said:

To be fair, they havent, but the way they've treated this whole port makes me think they're just in for a quick cash-grab.

What's important to me is that it's on the PC in the first place. I rarely ever buy games at full price and I routinely replay old PC games. The fact that it is on the PC means that I can come back and play Dark Souls 5 years from now with no (or little) problems.

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By TwoLines

Well, shucks. Too bad I don't care, and I'll buy the product either way. I don't have a high-end machine, so the 1080p, 60 FPS thing doesn't matter one bit. GFWL is not ideal, but it's not as bad as people make it out to be.

EDIT: Wait... Does that mean I won't be able to alter the graphics options? Okay, now I'm mad.

Shivoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Shivoa

@Tuffgong: PC is an open platform. How does 30fps work with a vsync'd 50Hz monitor? Do I get fixed 25fps (alternating frames) or is the game actually hard-coded for both world state and render output at 30fps and so I get a stuttered update rate that doesn't accurately reflect time passing and a smooth input monitor - the world is sampling input as 30 discrete blocks a second while the monitor is showing a jumping framerate between 25 and 50fps that averages to the 30fps the engine is rendering).

What about a PC with a 100Hz screen?

This is why you have to think about stuff like this (Hell, console gamers have to think about this as the two world standards for SD are 50 and 60Hz) and why not thinking about this stuff means your product will fall short of working correctly.

mitter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By mitter

@Shivoa said:

@mitter said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

@wmaustin55 said:

Yes, this is exactly what all creators/salesmen want. Rather than telling them what you want to buy and the things that mean you're unable to become a customer for the thing they're building, we should all be quiet. That is exactly what every salesman wants, no feedback to help increase their sales. You are a genius logician, well done!

Edit: if you haven't guessed, the words you got wrong there were 'demand' and 'owe', I can almost bet you thought about throwing an 'entitled' in there somewhere. Hopefully you understand what pre-release feedback means and so can understand that no one is a customer of a product not yet completed, that does not mean we have to kill all the alpha/beta testers because the developers have no use for this angry noise about things they could do to make their product better.

Alpha/Beta tests serve a different purpose and those testers are important. Here we had a petition against GFWL on the announcement day, there's no constructive criticism, it's just casual nerd-rage because a group only got what they asked for and not some superior version, which this particular group had in mind (though I'm sure even if they got their superior product, they'd still be fishing for complaints). Fortunately this seems to be the minority, otherwise I wouldn't see a bright future for ports.

Btw, the word "demand" doesn't come from me, as you can see, but it is definitely misplaced.

They're going for a new market, therefore it's a risk and surely no "quick cash-grab", not to mention the decision seems to be heavily based on the petition, which doesn't have to mean anything in the end (as you can see now).

ikwal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By ikwal

There's a huge difference in only being able to play the game in 720p and only have 720p textures. If you can only play the game in 1280x720, then it will look like garbage on a screen with any other resolution (unless played in window mode). If it's just the textures not being up ressed, then it's not that big of a deal. I doubt that they will lock the resolution to 1280x720 because that would be completely crazy.

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Bell_End

@Shivoa said:

@Tuffgong: PC is an open platform. How does 30fps work with a vsync'd 50Hz monitor? Do I get fixed 25fps (alternating frames) or is the game actually hard-coded for both world state and render output at 30fps and so I get a stuttered update rate that doesn't accurately reflect time passing and a smooth input monitor - the world is sampling input as 30 discrete blocks a second while the monitor is showing a jumping framerate between 25 and 50fps that averages to the 30fps the engine is rendering).

What about a PC with a 100Hz screen?

This is why you have to think about stuff like this (Hell, console gamers have to think about this as the two world standards for SD are 50 and 60Hz) and why not thinking about this stuff means your product will fall short of working correctly.

this is why i think its wise to wait until we have 'facts' instead of just conjecture.

clapperdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By clapperdude

@ikwal said:

"There's a huge difference in only being able to play the game in 720p and only have 720p textures. If you can only play the game in 1280x720, then it will look like garbage on a screen with any other resolution (unless played in window mode). If it's just the textures not being up ressed, then it's not that big of a deal. I doubt that they will lock the resolution to 1280x720 because that would be completely crazy."

Theres a few people saying "720'p'" when talking about textures...sorry but its nonsense. Textures aren't 'p' (progressive scan). Textures also most likely arent going to be 720 in size anyways -- they'd probably be a power of 2 so like 128,512,1024--up to like 8192. So if anyone was talking about '720p' or whatever they were definitely talking about screen resolution.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#121  Edited By Scrawnto

@clapperdude: Aw, you beat me to the post. That's pretty much exactly what I was going to say. Textures can be optimized for a particular screen resolution, but you wouldn't call them '720p'.

D43M0N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By D43M0N

@emem said:

@D43M0N said:

@Asinies: But my point is that being overly vocal at this point will cause pretty irreparable damage to their 'cause' so to speak. Of all the console exclusive games, why choose one from a publisher that has a history of shovelling utter shit onto the platform?

Most of your points are off, in my opinion. Why PC gamers chose Dark Souls? Because they/we want to play Dark Souls, not a different game. I'm not even going to try to argue with you about anything else you wrote... man, you write everything like your opinion is a fact, but it's not. Even if you are 100% sure about something it doesn't mean that you are right.

Shit dude, we're in here for discussion! Tell me if you think I'm talking shit, it's not a bad thing :P

And as much as I'd like to say that my opinion is all fiction, previous history and current developer attitudes don't point to Namco going "oh lol, we ballsed it up, guess we'll just take the loss of money rofl". If this product does poorly, which it most likely will given the reactionary attitude of PC gamers in conjunction with a fairly niche title AND Namco takes a loss, they're going to be blaming everyone except themselves. A publisher isn't going to come out and say "well we really should have added in the graphics options", they're going to say "Hey, you asked for a port, it didn't sell, so go fuck yourselves PC gamers"...along with which the attitude that the PC community is already having on what is largely conjecture is most likely going to result in companies taking less risk than before.

I won't go ahead and say it's fact, because stranger things have happened, but given the current state of things, I wouldn't expect it to go much differently. I hope it does, I really do, but it probably won't.

Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Donos

@D43M0N: I think you're overestimating the impact that the current reaction will have on sales. I can come up with plenty of examples of gamers crying about something, but those stories always seem to end in "well everyone bought it anyway." With Dark Souls in particular, I think the people who were going to buy it will buy it regardless of these issues, because there isn't really an alternative game. So go ahead, complain about problems. If they get fixed, great. If they don't get fixed, we'll all buy it anyways.

For my part, I'd actually prefer they just do a quick, simple port. I'm not playing Dark Souls for the graphics, I just want the gameplay and a stable framerate. I don't want to endanger this game's development by dumping time, money and expectations on it.

Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Th3_James

My 2560x1600 monitor and 7970 do not like this..

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By NTM

Well, who the heck wants to play that now? That's just stupid and it was pointless to even make that. I wouldn't buy it anyways since I have it on PS3 already and hardly play it, but I can tell that that's dumb.

Grixxel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Grixxel

So what they are telling me is I should just pirate this game, right? Okay.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Wait- this is a joke, right? I mean, what? It's a fucking PC game! It's the reason to buy this! Welp, I guess I'll be buying in on the Xbox 360 now which was a surprisingly easy decision.

D43M0N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By D43M0N
@Donos

@D43M0N: I think you're overestimating the impact that the current reaction will have on sales. I can come up with plenty of examples of gamers crying about something, but those stories always seem to end in "well everyone bought it anyway." With Dark Souls in particular, I think the people who were going to buy it will buy it regardless of these issues, because there isn't really an alternative game. So go ahead, complain about problems. If they get fixed, great. If they don't get fixed, we'll all buy it anyways.

For my part, I'd actually prefer they just do a quick, simple port. I'm not playing Dark Souls for the graphics, I just want the gameplay and a stable framerate. I don't want to endanger this game's development by dumping time, money and expectations on it.

Usually I'd agree with you, but in the past those games have all been AAA titles (in marketing, not necessarily quality: Mass Effect 3, CoD:MW 2/3 et al). Dark Souls wasn't a huge seller to begin with from what I can find, especially in the west; it's a niche game, and as such Namco is already taking a fair risk. I think there'll be enough of a vocal minority to make them ask "why bother"; look at the two posters above me. "My high spec PC won't like this" and "fuck this" essentially. And that's from quotes that are taken out of context.
Avatar image for thecrookedwarden
TheCrookedWarden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does no one consider the possibility that maybe some people don't have consoles in addition to their totally uber leet gaming pc, that the ability to play this at all is kind of awesome when there would previously be no way for those people to play it otherwise? It's not ideal, but holy fuck are people getting all INTERNET up in this piece. To expect that a predominantly console developer is going to pull out all the stops on a port to the platform with the most vocal and self-righteous pirates on the basis of an online petition with a fairly small number of signatures is idiotic.

Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Donos

@D43M0N said:

@Donos

Usually I'd agree with you, but in the past those games have all been AAA titles (in marketing, not necessarily quality: Mass Effect 3, CoD:MW 2/3 et al). Dark Souls wasn't a huge seller to begin with from what I can find, especially in the west; it's a niche game, and as such Namco is already taking a fair risk. I think there'll be enough of a vocal minority to make them ask "why bother"; look at the two posters above me. "My high spec PC won't like this" and "fuck this" essentially. And that's from quotes that are taken out of context.

No amount of internet crying is going to stop a game from being developed, especially not a port with the main game already complete, especially especially not when a release date has already been announced. Once the game is out, I imagine Namco (or any company) would base decisions for future ports on the sales numbers, not what the internet has to say about it.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Doctorchimp

Oh and it's GFWL?

So much for that.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By korwin

@TheCrookedWarden said:

Does no one consider the possibility that maybe some people don't have consoles in addition to their totally uber leet gaming pc, that the ability to play this at all is kind of awesome when there would previously be no way for those people to play it otherwise? It's not ideal, but holy fuck are people getting all INTERNET up in this piece. To expect that a predominantly console developer is going to pull out all the stops on a port to the platform with the most vocal and self-righteous pirates on the basis of an online petition with a fairly small number of signatures is idiotic.

I wouldn't call including the ability to adjust the resolution and un-capping the frame rate "pulling out all the stops", I'd call that business as usual. Not every PC is the same, that's why things like detail sliders exist.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By SeriouslyNow

I'd wait guys. If Nvidia 3D vision support is confirmed (it's been hinted) then the frame rate cap will not be 30fps.

Shivoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Shivoa

@TheCrookedWarden said:

Yes, tiny number of interested gamers, not worth the money. If only there was some kind of indications that maybe there is a healthy market here if you don't fuck it up, like two $3 million game projectsrecently funded by less than 100k PC gamers or Steam releases that have announced they made back their PC costs in hours. Oh wait!

Big games are really expensive to make: engine license or construction, content creation. But porting well, that's some coders with skill given the time and backing they need. That's not too expensive to do.

Pirates are on consoles, they softmod and modchip their stuff. PC games also have a piracy issue, but they also have a massive number of paying customers. The way of getting more of the latter is to release a polished and working version of your software and let people give you money wherever they live and (if you've got the money) with translation into their native language. Like overly restrictive DRM, bad ports will only create more pirates but it isn't because you've released a game on the PC, it's because you've not made the case for your software being worth taking the risk of paying money for. Piracy is bad, but the way around it is to listen to Gabe and make good stuff and let people give you money for it.

You don't save money doing a cheap, shoddy port that doesn't even consider the range of hardware you're converting your code to work on. As I explained previously in this thread, graphics settings and so on are a requirement to creating functional PC code due to the range of hardware, it's not a nice to have extra but a requirement to building working PC titles. They already invested the big money on polishing a game that people enjoyed and building the art assets, they should definitely hire in experts in PC development to get the PC code up to the standard they need to release a polished title, because there is an insane amount on money in PC gaming and they already have a decent press bubble to leverage into sales if the thing they release is a good port.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By MrKlorox
@clapperdude said:

@ikwal said:

"There's a huge difference in only being able to play the game in 720p and only have 720p textures. If you can only play the game in 1280x720, then it will look like garbage on a screen with any other resolution (unless played in window mode). If it's just the textures not being up ressed, then it's not that big of a deal. I doubt that they will lock the resolution to 1280x720 because that would be completely crazy."

Theres a few people saying "720'p'" when talking about textures...sorry but its nonsense. Textures aren't 'p' (progressive scan). Textures also most likely arent going to be 720 in size anyways -- they'd probably be a power of 2 so like 128,512,1024--up to like 8192. So if anyone was talking about '720p' or whatever they were definitely talking about screen resolution.

As you can see in the direct translation, "720p" was never mentioned. By "There's no change to the resolution" they're just talking about the textures.

"はい。基本的には忠実な移植になります。解像度に変更はありませんし" = Yes, It's basically a faithful port. There's no change to the resolution

"フレームレートが60になるということも ありません。" = The frame rate won't be 60 FPS

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By geirr

I don't give a fuck as long as the game turns out to be playable and the locked framerate is constant.

I'd hope if it sells well, they'll put more effort into future PC releases, but I won't hold my breath.

Avatar image for thecrookedwarden
TheCrookedWarden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Congratulations for being able to lay out a well reasoned argument without turning into an infant.

I suppose my thoughts can be boiled down thusly: If one were to make a business decision as an afterthought [and it was an afterthought or folks wouldn't have needed a petition in the first place], having one's comparatively small prospective audience shriek like sodomy victims when one isn't doing it just so would not incline one to do an extra special better job. Much easier to give the proverbial middle finger and go back to focusing on the platforms that sell the most copies and wave around the least petitions.

Comparing piracy on PC's to consoles is a joke, as ludicrously low barrier to entry on PC ensures. Yes, people are softmodding wiis and chipping 360s; it's still a drop in the bucket when compared to the number of people pirating content on the PC.

But I'm no businessman; if you're confident linking kickstarter pages will sway the fine people at FROM Software to make the product you want, start sending emails.

As a ~*pc gamer*~ I'd love to enjoy higher quality products; I just don't think throwing a massive tantrum in front of one of the first companies to listen to a stupid fuckinginternet petition is the way to go.

alibson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By alibson

Everybody is complaining about 30 fps. How do you know if you're even going to get that high. If they're doing nothing on the port, then I'm pretty sure it's going to run like garbage.

Avatar image for muttersometaxicab
MuttersomeTaxicab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@pepsimaxofborg said:

I don't give a fuck as long as the game turns out to be playable and the locked framerate is constant.

I'd hope if it sells well, they'll put more effort into future PC releases, but I won't hold my breath.

This.

clapperdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By clapperdude

@MrKlorox said:

@clapperdude said:

@ikwal said:

As you can see in the direct translation, "720p" was never mentioned. By "There's no change to the resolution" they're just talking about the textures.

"はい。基本的には忠実な移植になります。解像度に変更はありませんし" = Yes, It's basically a faithful port. There's no change to the resolution

"フレームレートが60になるということも ありません。" = The frame rate won't be 60 FPS

Ahh--well I wasn't saying they said 720p...was just pointing out that if someone were saying 720p it would have to be about screen res as it doesn't even apply to textures for the reasons I mention.

As you can see at the bottom of the OP it says "Many people have pointed out that the 720p part refers to the TEXTURES and not the pixel resolution."...which again, is total nonsense.

D43M0N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By D43M0N

@Donos: @Donos said:

@D43M0N said:

@Donos

No amount of internet crying is going to stop a game from being developed, especially not a port with the main game already complete, especially especially not when a release date has already been announced. Once the game is out, I imagine Namco (or any company) would base decisions for future ports on the sales numbers, not what the internet has to say about it.

But that's basically what I've been saying for the last x posts? Namco have unrealistic sales expectations based on an internet petition, and will use Dark Souls as an example in the future to say fuck PC ports.

Avatar image for whyareyoucrouchingspock
whyareyoucrouchingspock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

What the fuck. This sounds terrible.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.