Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Dark Souls or Demon's Souls?

• 103 results
    PrinceZelta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Demons Souls is by far the superior game, much better controls, better weapons, better branching and better level design, better bosses, better friendly NPC's/better levelling and home system, Dark Souls is way too dependant on grinding, and has terrible level design in comparison, nearly every area in Demons had a huge as far as the eye could see gimmick. I've played all three, and I can easily say that Dark Souls 2 is superior to Dark Souls, and Demons Souls is superior to Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2.

KleenmanBobby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In my opinion, at least on difficulty it's a trade off. Dark souls had harder bosses, but demons souls had harder levels and enemies. Demons souls did have WAY better atmosphere (tower of latria!), but dark souls lore was more interesting (that may just be because it left more of a mystery then demons souls, which told you the lore (valley of defilement :( ) I still like demons souls far better, but that may be just because I played it first. The atmosphere, the charecters, the bosses, the levels just all seemed more well thought out and more interesting. But I am biased, but who isn't right?

HappyMSI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Up of nearly 5 years, yep.

I started with Demon's Souls, then attacked Dark Souls. I like Dark Souls way more.

What I hated in Demon's Souls and doesn't make me want to play it again, is the high difficulty combined to what happens to you if you die. I saw a video where someone said something true : in Dark Souls, you are awarded for playing well but in Demon's Souls, you are punished for not playing well. Everytime I die in Demon's Souls, in order to not be in that state of half-life bar, I quickly turn off the game, which is not enjoyable at all. If there wasn't that, I would probably really like that game.

I liked that slowly - oniric aspect conversations with NPC brought. That melancolic tone had it's charm.

But everything speak to me the most in Dark Souls : the environments, the texture, the covenants, NPC and white phantoms made me feel less lonely and brought more life to the adventure. More weapons, way more armors, separation of pyromancy and sorceries, more appreciated interface, the system of Estus' flask VS the herbs you had to buy/collect, the multiplayer (dead on DeM'S) ...

Calmgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dark Souls is the better game....but play Demon Souls too. If you enjoy one you will enjoy the other. Great games.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

I prefer Dank Souls.

Never played Demon's, but I've seen Brad and Vinny play it. Of the two I think I like Dark souls a bit more.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.