Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Faith based PvP build thoughts?

Nadril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Nadril

So I'm making a new character and I want to make a faith-based PvP character. (i've started as a cleric). 

Now my thoughts are to stick with the divine or cursed weapons and other stuff that scales with faith. (there seems to be a few "A" scales with it). I want to try and stay away from having to get too much str/dex if possible.  

So what kind of stats do you guys feel would be best for this? I'm kind of using http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Holy+Knight+by+Baal-Avatar that as a rough guide for what I want to do. Eventually I want to join darkwraith as well, so what covenants should I get in before that to get what faith spells I need? 

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Turambar

Join warriors of the sun to get the two lightning spear miracles, not that they are all that useful for pvp though.  Also honestly, unless you are in ng+, pvp in the initial playthrough is gonna be dependent on elemental damage weapons and pyromancy.

Weapon ascension wise, Occult in the long run given it scales better than divine. 

Nadril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Nadril

I probably plan on eventually stopping at like 125/150 and stuff. To be honest I'm kind of banking on the 1.4 patch as well a bit. I don't think my build will be too bad off though if these weapons end up not scaling well. 

heartlessomen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By heartlessomen

i'm a bit confused as to what the "evil" property does on occult weapons...same with holy...can anyone explain?

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By LordXavierBritish

Tranquil Walk of Peace Wrath of Gods Wrath of Gods Wrath of Godslulululululululululul

Nadril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Nadril

I think it is just extra damage and scales with faith but idk. 

Nadril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Nadril
    @LordXavierBritish said:

Tranquil Walk of Peace Wrath of Gods Wrath of Gods Wrath of Godslulululululululululul

hehe yeah. I plan on saving that for when I go up against some of those faggots with a fog ring or some shit.  

Also steam rolling through so far on this guy. I suicide ran for astoria's sword lol, 1 shotting everything pretty much. 
    envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By envane

im pretty sure the occult weapons just have a higher faith scaling than divine weapons , although the difference is that divine stops skeletons from reviving even if necromancers are still alive , and occult damages ghosts ... but i am not personally sure , they might both do the same thing .

as for miracles , yes .. tranquil walk of peace (slow spell ) heals , and wrath of god , will be your bread and butter , lightning spear and sunlight spear are probably great , but you will need up to 50 faith , and and possible a second playthrough to get enough copies of the spell to be usable ,

and unless youre going to go to 50+ faith and high enough str and dex to make scaling weapons worthwhile , you might wanna just stick with lightning weapons

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Turambar
    @heartlessomen said:

i'm a bit confused as to what the "evil" property does on occult weapons...same with holy...can anyone explain?

Occult is extra effective against "god" enemies, so basically Gwyn and Gwyndolin.  Also gets better scaling than Divine but can be reinforced less.
    Nadril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Nadril
    @envane said:

im pretty sure the occult weapons just have a higher faith scaling than divine weapons , although the difference is that divine stops skeletons from reviving even if necromancers are still alive , and occult damages ghosts ... but i am not personally sure , they might both do the same thing .

as for miracles , yes .. tranquil walk of peace (slow spell ) heals , and wrath of god , will be your bread and butter , lightning spear and sunlight spear are probably great , but you will need up to 50 faith , and and possible a second playthrough to get enough copies of the spell to be usable ,

and unless youre going to go to 50+ faith and high enough str and dex to make scaling weapons worthwhile , you might wanna just stick with lightning weapons

Yeah right now I know I'll probably have to use a lightning or fire weapon. Pretty much as I said before I'm hoping 1.4 comes soon and changes some of that.  

And I'm sure I will go onto a NG+ with this guy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.