Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Falling

pubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By pubbles

So... I fucking hate falling off the map. Now, I do it very infrequently, but god damn do I find hte best times to do it.

I just finished killing a boss, went to the top of a tower to find some loot... when I was leaving I fell in a tiny crack between the stairs and the floor, literally just hte size of a person and died. No big deal Ill just work my way to the body again and get my souls back.

I fucking fell off again and lost 30,000 souls + 26 humanity.

Fuck this game hahaa.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By TheHT

Haha shit man, that sucks. I find, for me at least, the relationship between being apussy and amount of souls I have is proportionally inverse.

uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By uniform

It's the worst. I'm so terrible at returning to my spots of death. If I'm not trying to run back like an idiot out of frustration, the most random deaths will occur. It's funny because it's almost always my fault..yet I KEEP DOING IT.

rubberluffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By rubberluffy

I was in my status menu and hit B a few times to back out of it and unfortunately it registered the last press after the menu had closed, so I ended up backstepping off a bridge.  I wasn't even mad, it was just funny.

Avatar image for theseductivemoose
    TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By TheSeductiveMoose

Them fucking jump attacks.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By FluxWaveZ

So far, I've never died from falling off of the map unintentionally. It happened all of the time in Demon's Souls, but not with this game. Maybe it's because I'm more careful, or maybe it's because there are less of those kinds of traps. One time I was really afraid I had fallen to my death was in a staircase in the Depths. I fell through a small crack and I totally thought I was going to die, but I just fell in water so that was awesome.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MiniPato

Holy crap, 26 humanity? How'd you manage to get that much?

With the positive reception of Demon's Souls, Dark Souls seems to go out of it's way to add precarious ass ledges everywhere it can. Not just for hidden treasure either. A main path has you walking across a foot-wide beam high above the hall of a church. I don't remember Demon's Souls having so many precarious sections like that.

pubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pubbles

I end up going back and forth between areas a lot looking for more places to go, because as someone said earlier the more souls/humanity I have the bigger the bitch I am... anyways theres a part under the dragon bridge wheres theres three rats, and they drop humanity. I ended up picking up like 10 from them over the course of my constant travels (like when i got something to upgrade weapons and was heading to the blacksmith etc) and then the more humanity I got the more they dropped.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.