Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Getting Summoned.

OtherworldOdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By OtherworldOdd

So I'm having troubles getting summoned guys. I'm not sure how the whole mechanic works for it. I'm trying to help people so I can get into the Sunbro covenant. I'm SL 36 and I've been placing my sign in Quelaag all the way up to Iron Golem with very few hits. Only like once or twice. Is it because I'm too low of a level? Or too high?

AndyD74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By AndyD74

You're probably too high. Say "no" to drugs. I've seen people have luck with summoning by repeatedly tapping square with the white soapstone equipped.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @OtherworldOdd said:

So I'm having troubles getting summoned guys. I'm not sure how the whole mechanic works for it. I'm trying to help people so I can get into the Sunbro covenant. I'm SL 36 and I've been placing my sign in Quelaag all the way up to Iron Golem with very few hits. Only like once or twice. Is it because I'm too low of a level? Or too high?

It might be your a little low. I know in anor I got hit after hit after hit of invasions and seeing signs for the boss there around 50-55. 
    AndyD74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AndyD74

Here's a video of what I was talking about with tapping the square button with your white soapstone equipped. This guy has two PS3 and was able to summon his other character on the 2nd PS3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_765507&feature;=iv&src;_vid=qTc-WMeXzlo&v;=72pnmVdJzv0

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @AndyD74 said:
    Here's a video of what I was talking about with tapping the square button with your white soapstone equipped. This guy has two PS3 and was able to summon his other character on the 2nd PS3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_765507&feature;=iv&src;_vid=qTc-WMeXzlo&v;=72pnmVdJzv0
    The summon thing is based on lobbies in the game. You can get dumped into a fully empty lobby. The "Tapping" Was him just dropping a sign. And it landing in the lobby his other PS3 was using. 
    AndyD74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AndyD74

Does it switch lobbies with each tap?

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @AndyD74 said:

Does it switch lobbies with each tap?

It does every few places. So hes more or less just spamming the servers. Also it takes a few seconds to show up in another world. It sounds more like he just spammed the servers. 
    McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By McShank

@OtherworldOdd said:

It all depends on where you are dropping your sign and what time it is. Even at lower levels / Really high levels, you will find someone to summon / get summoned sooner or later. At your level, iron golem will have a harder time as it is around the 40's but queelagg should be fine. But seeing as it is the swamp, not many people enjoy being alive there as getting invaded can suck in that area.

gazel_ministry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By gazel_ministry

I usually just quit to the start menu and go in again. If I see different messages on the ground that's normally a good indicator I've switched lobbies. Doesn't always work but it's been faster for me than any other method. I wait about 3-4 minutes before quitting.

Easiest way to get summoned is to place your summon sign at the beginning of each level. If some one is looking for help, they usually want it early to avoid all the griefing invaders.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm picky about who I summon. If I see some one standing in front of Sen's Fortress with a broadsword and some level 1 armor, I'll pass them up. I noticed a lot of people do this. I have a level 21 character I use on the lower levels. I put on Leather Armor and a Standard Helm..........waiting.....waiting...waiting. I put on Ornstein's Helm and hold a Claymore....You Are Being Summoned!....over and over. I guess appearance matters. A naked summon means 1 of 2 things: they are really good and looking for a challenge or they are just amusing themselves and are not really concerned with helping. I've run into both.

mr_ink_5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By mr_ink_5000

Could we not leave requests for assistance here? then Spam the white soap until requested. I'm outside Queelag on my main game, as i want the humanity to open the short cut, i'll be on tonight if anyone needs the help.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.