Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Help this poor soccerer

Crazyheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Crazyheaven

Let me start of with saying that I'm trying to search online for things but I really want to avoid too many content spoilers that involve ways to beat bosses or take away the fun of exploring. I'm about 15 or 20 hours into the game. A level 35 I think. My int is in the 40's and everything else is where they started. I have the ring that increases spells and the ring that increases range. But here is my main problems.

Weapons, I can't seem to find weapons that scale with my int. I have the butterfly soul. Does divine scale with int? I seen the upgrade chart but it doesn't really tell me which paths scale best with int or which weapons have lower str/dex requirements.

I don't know where to go or what to do. My next area is going to be the depths that I happen to find today. I have to use my magic sword for dogs because they are too powerful for my shortsword+5 and too fast for my spells. It is sad to admit that a few dogs is normally more than enough to take me down which brings me to my next point.

I can stand my own one on one. But groups rape me. Would love to have a way to take down a group faster.

The ghost area is out of the question for me right now till I find a faster way to take them down. They are fine when I see them coming or in small numbers. But I die whenever they appear around me in a group and grab me. Grab is a instant death for my sorcerer.

Also I'm considering raising my stamina some so I can roll faster. Not really sure what I should get it to. I'm not a warrior so I'm not sure if 40 is important for me.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By AlexW00d

Magic weapons scale with intelligence I believe. Divine with faith.

yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By yoshimitz707

Soccerer? I didn't know you could play soccer in this game!

James5955

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By James5955

Buy some firebombs and use them on the dogs, works like a charm. If they survive with a sliver of health then smack them once with a sword; take them one at a time.

As for weapons, according to the following link it sounds like enchanted/divine weapons will be good for you in terms of scaling. http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/weapons

However that's a ways away, I don't know of any good weapon that you could get at the moment for scaling with INT.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I don't think INT is meant for using any melee weapon.

Avatar image for chainreaction01
    chainreaction01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By chainreaction01

You have to upgrade down the Magic path, using green shards, in order to get C ranked Int scaling. Once you get +5 you can then switch to Enchanted and build up to A ranked Int scaling. Even a simple shortsword works well for this. Also, go to the smith hiding behind the cage in the beginning of New Londo for these upgrades.

Edit: As some more general advice I recommend not taking normal swings at guys even when you upgrade your weapon to scale with your Int. Seeing as you are dumping into Int you'll get taken down really quickly if you leave yourself open for that swing. Instead go for backstabs since you'll be immune to everything while you're in that animation.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By McShank

@Crazyheaven: There are 0 weapons that scale with only int. There are however weapons that scale with both faith and int as faith is also used for magic's (just a different kind). If you have put Everything into intelligence then you are going to have one hell of a time going much farther. You should split up your points now into faith, attunement for more spell slots and vitality / endurance so you can hold bigger things without walking like your being held down by fat bastard. There is Astoria's straight sword which scales with Int / faith AND str / dex but its requirements are low so you shouldn't need much if anything to use it now (It can be found in the valley of the dragons next the the big rotting corpse.) You can also make Greatsword of Artorias which scales better as it is a higher class for the attributes but it is farther in the game and requires you to go through anor londo which you are still quite far off. Otherwise you wont be using many weapons for melee unless you like to enchant your weapon with your spells. Best advice I can give is to just split your skills up now and buy the Enchant Weapon spell so you do some decent damage until you can make / find those 2 weapons or make a regular weapon into an enchanted / magic weapon which scales with Int more then other stats.

Crazyheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Crazyheaven

@yoshimitz707 said:

sorcerer... I did everything I could to correct that. No idea what I was thinking about.

I have a plan now. Stopping to buy a bunch of firebombs and then hiding down into the depths for the green shards and to find a giant rat.

What about the ghost? How are you guys making it pass them without one of them grabbing you? Does magic weapons hurt them?

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Turambar
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    I don't think INT is meant for using any melee weapon.
    Magic weapons scale with int, so it works fine after you get the ascension.  By fine I mean a 2 handed lunge with a +5 magic zweihander can ohko the tomb of giants skeleton dogs.
    buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By buzz_clik

@yoshimitz707 said:

In the UK version of the game, it's called a footballerer.

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By clubsandwich

@yoshimitz707 said:

lol this

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By McShank

@Crazyheaven said:

@yoshimitz707 said:

sorcerer... I did everything I could to correct that. No idea what I was thinking about.

I have a plan now. Stopping to buy a bunch of firebombs and then hiding down into the depths for the green shards and to find a giant rat.

What about the ghost? How are you guys making it pass them without one of them grabbing you? Does magic weapons hurt them?

ghosts? thats not the depths thats new londo. The depths is the sewers and blight town. Dont go to new londo unless you wish to die a quick and painful death. And magic only hurts them, along with melee, if you are either cursed or use the transient curses which they drop, and there are a few down there that you find. Also, if you still go straight int, you wont live past certain spots. Just a helpful bit of advice.

Crazyheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Crazyheaven

I know how to get to the magic upgrade. I just needed confirmation that it scaled with int. You guys gave me that and for that I am thankful. I also know that the depths isn't where the ghost are. I gave up on going there for the time being. I thought my level was high enough but I think I need a better weapons first.

Still I have more questions.

I notice a lot of people committing on my build. Is there something wrong with it? In demon souls(before newgame+), you had people who went around naked to move faster. I noticed most bosses didn't even hit me in that game. However, this game is a lot harder. So maybe I'm going about things in the wrong way. I thought my goal was to get my int up to at least 50 and then work on endurance. Dump a few points in the weapons of my choice, not many, but a few and place whatever is left into vit. Get faith up for whatever spell I need and attunement to 19 for 5 slots. But I'll take any comments about my build. I brought the forest key so I can get souls pretty quickly. Didn't use the glitch. Instead I just dodge and bolt them to death. Sure it is slower but I still get a great amount of souls.

I have the magic weapon skill. I had to get to get pass the 2 dogs beside that boss. The boss was about as easy for me as the dogs were hard. Yea... the dogs were my only problem with this boss fight. The weapon in drake valley sounds interesting. How do I get there? I googled it and everyone asked how to get from drake valley to blighttown.

The only other boss I've found that I haven't taking down is the wolf boss. Is there any point to take him down right now? His range is so long it would probably make for a interesting fight.

And my last question. How do you edit the thread title?

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By DystopiaX

You need to find a better soccer ball, that's your problem.

CaptainCody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By CaptainCody

Lower your int, then everyone will die of boredom from your soccering!

Crazyheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Crazyheaven

We are not going to get passed the soccering thing. So where is the valley of drake?

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#17  Edited By Mezmero

I've gotten a fair distance through the ghosts but I've yet to completely beat New Londo. I usually just try to kite them backwards near their leash thresh hold and spam soul arrows and regular ass arrows from a short bow to finish them off. It's been pretty effective for me, the last time I died was due to poor footing. :'(

VanillaPlant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By VanillaPlant

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.